Author Topic: Report: Butler would immediately sign max with Lakers if offered  (Read 4293 times)

Re: Report: Butler would immediately sign max with Lakers if offered
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 03:07:37 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Lakers are sooo desperate to add another star, they will throw money at anyone who will take it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 03:38:38 PM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Lakers are sooo desperate to add another star, they will throw money at anyone who will take it

We are desperate to have some one take it. If Kawhi, Klay, Kyrie won't, Jimmy isn't a bad pick up. Considering that our other option would be to rollover that max cap space to next year and hoping AD would sign. But the plan is to sign a max free agent this summer then trade for AD.

Eventually the cap space is going to be eaten up by our young guys if they are not traded for AD. So it adds to the urgency to use it asap.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 03:40:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

We are desperate to have some one take it. If Kawhi, Klay, Kyrie won't, Jimmy isn't a bad pick up. Considering that our other option would be to rollover that max cap space to next year and hoping AD would sign. But the plan is to sign a max free agent this summer then trade for AD.

Eventually the cap space is going to be eaten up by our young guys if they are not traded for AD. So it adds to the urgency to use it asap.

You cannot sign a max free agent this summer, it's just not going to happen.

But I would like Butler to go to LAL.

LeBron/Butler and whoever else they add, maybe DMC, probably isn't going to beat GSW or HOU.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 03:56:06 PM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman

LeBron/Butler and whoever else they add, maybe DMC, probably isn't going to beat GSW or HOU.

It is entirely possible that we don't sign a max free agent this summer. But we have space for one.

Again, with Jimmy, it doesn't guarantee they'll beat GSW or HOU. But they play these games to have a chance.

After 6 years of missing the playoffs, we'll take it.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 03:57:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jimmy is overrated

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2019, 04:17:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

It is entirely possible that we don't sign a max free agent this summer. But we have space for one.

Again, with Jimmy, it doesn't guarantee they'll beat GSW or HOU. But they play these games to have a chance.

Wait I'm confused... Are you Lakers or Celtics fan?

EDIT:

Just checked post history, so I guess I stand corrected lol.

Yes you do indeed have space for one max, and possibly a mid level free-agent, depending on what you guys renounce/team options.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2019, 04:18:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jimmy and LeBron...two team killers. Have at it LA.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 04:24:26 PM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman

Wait I'm confused... Are you Lakers or Celtics fan?

EDIT:

Just checked post history, so I guess I stand corrected lol.

Yes you do indeed have space for one max, and possibly a mid level free-agent, depending on what you guys renounce/team options.

I follow the lakers but i do enjoy reading most of the topics here.

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 09:05:44 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I hope it happens. Jimmy Butler would be my ideal fit next to Lebron. Two ballhogs who can muck it up vs GSW sans KD
- LilRip

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I get that LA needs to add an All-Star caliber player next to LeBron, but I think you’d probably be better off going for all the other guys that would demand a max (Kyrie, Kemba, Klay, Kawhi & even KD) before Butler.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2019, 10:01:48 PM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman

I get that LA needs to add an All-Star caliber player next to LeBron, but I think you’d probably be better off going for all the other guys that would demand a max (Kyrie, Kemba, Klay, Kawhi & even KD) before Butler.

I agree. Those players are better, except maybe Kemba. The lakers would love to sign any of them before Jimmy, but if they strike out on those players, i wouldn’t mind Butler.

Again, the problem is the cap they have now will be gone in 2 years if/when they extend their young players. So they are kinda in a desperate situation. Just look at how our front office is a mess right now

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2019, 10:30:16 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Butler and the Lakers deserve each other.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2019, 10:42:16 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I know these reports are all over the place, so who knows if this is true, but I will say this is said than a lot more conviction than every other free agency rumor with the possible exception of a report claiming Durant to Knicks was done.

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-rumors-jimmy-butler-likes-la-and-will-sign-with-them-instantly-if-offered-a-max-contract/

Does anyone have some history using this site? Is it a clickbait site or legit? Thanx in advance.

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 10:57:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I know these reports are all over the place, so who knows if this is true, but I will say this is said than a lot more conviction than every other free agency rumor with the possible exception of a report claiming Durant to Knicks was done.

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-rumors-jimmy-butler-likes-la-and-will-sign-with-them-instantly-if-offered-a-max-contract/

Does anyone have some history using this site? Is it a clickbait site or legit? Thanx in advance.

The site itself doesn't have a ton of legitimacy as a first-hand source, but they're quoting an LA Times reporter, who theoretically could.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2019, 02:27:07 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yea this story was everywhere including espn. I just picked one of the first ones on google after I saw it. Doesn’t mean it is true, but definitelyna serious rumor