Author Topic: Wizards (0-2) at Celtics (1-2) 11/7  (Read 25575 times)

Re: Wizards (0-2) at Celtics (1-2) 11/7
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Green is a let down...Doc was P O'd

« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2012, 11:02:08 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
But I believe they are restricted in terms of trading Green

Only until Dec. 15th. 

All off-season free agents can be traded beginning on Dec. 15th, unless they have a no-trade clause, which Green doesn't.

Green, Lee, Melo and a 1st for Josh Smith please Danny please get it done.

What is everybody's love affair with josh smith? I'll never understand. People on this blog act like he's some kind of savior, been seeing his name for 2 years now. The guy is a tweener who relies on his athleticism and has a very undisciplined shot selection...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Chris Wilcox  ..gets TP for his outstanding minutes.

Wilcox and AB will make this team alot better in a few months

« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2012, 11:21:46 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279

Only until Dec. 15th. 

All off-season free agents can be traded beginning on Dec. 15th, unless they have a no-trade clause, which Green doesn't.

What is everybody's love affair with josh smith? I'll never understand. People on this blog act like he's some kind of savior, been seeing his name for 2 years now. The guy is a tweener who relies on his athleticism and has a very undisciplined shot selection...
"Undisciplined shot selection"

The greatest description one could use with Josh Smith.

Loves chucking up those deep outside shots that clank off the back rim.

« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2012, 12:05:05 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

Only until Dec. 15th. 

this. i really don't understand the great need for this player. no go to move and attempts a lot of head scratching shot. we can get the same hustle or more from chris wilcox if healthy.

« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Only until Dec. 15th. 

this. i really don't understand the great need for this player. no go to move and attempts a lot of head scratching shot. we can get the same hustle or more from chris wilcox if healthy.

Defense and rebounding.  He is elite at both.  His offense comes and goes, but he is a 15PPG player.

« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2012, 01:02:54 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Only until Dec. 15th. 

Defense and rebounding.  He is elite at both.  His offense comes and goes, but he is a 15PPG player.

This. Put Smith in a winning defensive culture that the Celtics have, and he will do wonders. People are forgetting his crazy blocking numbers a few years ago.

He is also uber athletic and has chemistry with Rondo (They played together in high school).
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2012, 01:08:57 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney

Only until Dec. 15th. 

the only elite about him is his salary. do you see him playing the same level as d. howard, chandler, kevin love in terms of defense and rebounding all year round? for me that is how you define elite, he is just not that consistent to be called elite. for his age still immature as a player.

« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2012, 01:15:43 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Jeff Green is the ultimate let down. I Think i might actually have Pietrus at this point.

Also, words cant' describe how much i miss Avery Bradley.

« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2012, 01:19:43 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Only until Dec. 15th. 

the only elite about him is his salary. do you see him playing the same level as d. howard, chandler, kevin love in terms of defense and rebounding all year round? for me that is how you define elite, he is just not that consistent to be called elite. for his age still immature as a player.

He is consistently good on d, and quite often elite.  Maybe half a notch below the top 5.

« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2012, 01:50:14 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

1. Smith creates nowhere near as much mental drama as Howard does, and Howard's only offensive move is "dunk".  He also doesn't average 5 fouls a game (like Dwight is for L.A. right now) which means he will actually be in the game when you need him. 

2. Smith is not far off Chandler defensively - Atlanta have been a pretty solid defensive team in recent times, and if you think that's because of Joe Johnson and Teague think again.  Offensively he is so much better than Chandler that it's not even funny.  Chandler is a poor man's Dwight on offense - catch, dunk.  That's it.   

3. Kevin Love is no better offensivley than Josh Smith is  and can't play defense to save his life.

Smith is an ELITE defensive player, an exceptional rebounder and one of the best passing big men in the game.  He has elite athleticism.  He can score inside/out and has range out to the three point line.  He absolutely is not the most efficient offensive player in the NBA, but he's still a very capable scorer. 

« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2012, 01:51:47 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Not a great game by Green, but I still don't get the hate. Six points and two rebounds are not a lot, but compared to Lee he was almost spectacular.

I will agree with that part...Lee has been 100% flop, and the way he's playing now I'd stuggle to justify paying him the Vet min.

« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2012, 04:10:50 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Demarcus Cousins and Isaiah Thomas! A really good center and a backup TRUE pg.. Two positions that we really need to strengthen if we're going to challenge the top teams.. We can also absorb Salmon's big contract if needed..

« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2012, 05:12:15 AM »

fitzhickey

Not a great game by Green, but I still don't get the hate. Six points and two rebounds are not a lot, but compared to Lee he was almost spectacular.

I will agree with that part...Lee has been 100% flop, and the way he's playing now I'd stuggle to justify paying him the Vet min.
Yeah, I mean green played alright but lee is trade-worthy

« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2012, 05:39:48 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney

1. Smith creates nowhere near as much mental drama as Howard does, and Howard's only offensive move is "dunk".  He also doesn't average 5 fouls a game (like Dwight is for L.A. right now) which means he will actually be in the game when you need him. 

2. Smith is not far off Chandler defensively - Atlanta have been a pretty solid defensive team in recent times, and if you think that's because of Joe Johnson and Teague think again.  Offensively he is so much better than Chandler that it's not even funny.  Chandler is a poor man's Dwight on offense - catch, dunk.  That's it.   

3. Kevin Love is no better offensivley than Josh Smith is  and can't play defense to save his life.

Smith is an ELITE defensive player, an exceptional rebounder and one of the best passing big men in the game.  He has elite athleticism.  He can score inside/out and has range out to the three point line.  He absolutely is not the most efficient offensive player in the NBA, but he's still a very capable scorer.
still not sold that he is an elite player both on defense and offense, if given a choice i'd pick horford over him any day.