Author Topic: Celtics (10-9) at Mavericks (8-9) Game #20 11/24/18  (Read 27331 times)

Re: Celtics (10-9) at Mavericks (8-9) Game #20 11/24/18
« Reply #465 on: November 24, 2018, 11:34:34 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Brutally honest post game interview from Marcus Smart
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2018, 11:38:25 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Celtic pride is in tatters...we let the Mavs insult us by sending DeAndre Jordan to shoot the tech FT >:(

Punk move by Dallas, but Boston deserved it. The Celts being 10-10 in this "championship or bust" season is really like being 4-16 most seasons—wayyyyyyy below expectations.

Of course, Boston has built-in excuses tonight that I'm sure some fans will point to—second night of a back-to-back, on the road, no Hayward, Dallas has been hot. Whatever. Every night it's a different set of excuses for the same p----poor result.
we definitely deserve this humbling experience, hope we implement changes and improve.

I mean, we've had how many humbling experiences thus far? lol Still nothing has changed.

Right. Also, how many of these losses will it take for it to finally be considered a proper appropriate reaction to be worried about this team?

Come on, dude, we're only a WHOLE FREAKIN' QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH THE SEASON.  ;D
When we miss the playoffs, fire Brad Stevens, hire a proper coach with proper rotations and a proper idea of how to utilize big men and clean house with the players jk
and if they make the playoffs you have a serving of crow?  ;D
uhh you missed the jk ;)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #467 on: November 24, 2018, 11:38:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Celtic pride is in tatters...we let the Mavs insult us by sending DeAndre Jordan to shoot the tech FT >:(

Punk move by Dallas, but Boston deserved it. The Celts being 10-10 in this "championship or bust" season is really like being 4-16 most seasons—wayyyyyyy below expectations.

Of course, Boston has built-in excuses tonight that I'm sure some fans will point to—second night of a back-to-back, on the road, no Hayward, Dallas has been hot. Whatever. Every night it's a different set of excuses for the same p----poor result.
we definitely deserve this humbling experience, hope we implement changes and improve.

I mean, we've had how many humbling experiences thus far? lol Still nothing has changed.

Right. Also, how many of these losses will it take for it to finally be considered a proper appropriate reaction to be worried about this team?

Come on, dude, we're only a WHOLE FREAKIN' QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH THE SEASON.  ;D
When we miss the playoffs, fire Brad Stevens, hire a proper coach with proper rotations and a proper idea of how to utilize big men and clean house with the players jk

actually this is what would happen with Lakers no doubt and maybe Knicks if they had this much talent and played this awful.

Im not for firing Brad for one one bad season.   But , in the NBA ,  two years in a row with this talent and going back to under .500......

well that gets most people fired , not gonna say his job is safe after this year .   

« Reply #468 on: November 24, 2018, 11:38:51 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

What did he say?

« Reply #469 on: November 24, 2018, 11:39:00 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

What all did he say?

I bet it does have to be frustrating for him, as he's someone that gives it all he has every game (for better or worse).

« Reply #470 on: November 24, 2018, 11:39:47 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

What all did he say?

I bet it does have to be frustrating for him, as he's someone that gives it all he has every game (for better or worse).

in his previous post he had this  "Smart just said lack of effort is what is killing them"
on the previous page

« Reply #471 on: November 24, 2018, 11:40:15 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
we really need all our guys to play with more effort and fire.  It has been missing from almost everyone but Smart / Kyrie since the start of the season.  On def especially, we need Tatum, Rozier, Brown, Horford to step up the intensity.

« Reply #472 on: November 24, 2018, 11:43:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The effort is not there and its causing problems on down the line and morale issues in the locker room.

Danny needs to identify the issues and ...

put on his black hat and go to work.

« Reply #473 on: November 24, 2018, 11:52:02 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

What did he say?

Said lack of effort was killing them. Says it's the first time in his career where he's had no answers as to the lack of effort. When he was asked if he was upset by the Mavs' trash talking and showboating such as Doncic shimmying after a 3 he said that if they didn't feel like that was motivation to step up and play harder that was a real problem.

As for Jaylen Brown, when asked to describe the Celtics he said "disconnected, not on the same page, no presence"

« Reply #474 on: November 24, 2018, 11:58:53 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

What did he say?

Said lack of effort was killing them. Says it's the first time in his career where he's had no answers as to the lack of effort. When he was asked if he was upset by the Mavs' trash talking and showboating such as Doncic shimmying after a 3 he said that if they didn't feel like that was motivation to step up and play harder that was a real problem.

As for Jaylen Brown, when asked to describe the Celtics he said "disconnected, not on the same page, no presence"

That's all well and good, but all I hear is "we are doing this, we aren't doing that."

Great to hear all the candid remarks, but no one is identifying any solutions or taking any accountability

« Reply #475 on: November 24, 2018, 11:59:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

What did he say?

tp for typing that out.

« Reply #476 on: November 25, 2018, 12:08:51 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

What did he say?

Yikes. Pretty much confirming what most of us are observing and posting about.

I really can't believe that the team hasn't had a big powwow about their issues yet. It's like the coaching staff just has no clue how to fix this. That's kind of frightening as a fan that it's coming to this where they have to explicitly say this to the media.

What did he say?

That's all well and good, but all I hear is "we are doing this, we aren't doing that."

Great to hear all the candid remarks, but no one is identifying any solutions or taking any accountability

Yep, pretty worrisome.

« Reply #477 on: November 25, 2018, 12:20:57 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20

What did he say?

I agree with this, but I think they're not identifying any solutions because it's a deep rooted issue. A team with this much talent should be winning this league; I imagine that the answer to our problems is much greater than a lineup change or an emotionally-charged pep talk by one of the leaders.

« Reply #478 on: November 25, 2018, 09:54:36 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
So clearly Hayward was the problem  ;D

« Reply #479 on: November 25, 2018, 10:15:32 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

What did he say?

I think they're trying to present a united front and saying "it's on all of us". Who knows what they are saying behind closed doors. Once someone starts pointing the finger at another in public or suggesting a solution to bench whoever isn't putting in the effort (and surely they would know that more than any of us) then they've basically fractured the team and increased the media scrutiny on them by 1000%.