Author Topic: Celtics (10-9) at Mavericks (8-9) Game #20 11/24/18  (Read 27347 times)

Re: Celtics (10-9) at Mavericks (8-9) Game #20 11/24/18
« Reply #435 on: November 24, 2018, 10:58:32 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
I'm not one for hot takes, but it's time to trade Rozier.

I watched his body language. He hates his role on this team. He put little effort in this game. That's not going to change. It's only going to get worse.

He really only has himself to blame.  He bought into his own hype after playing well in the playoffs, being the beneficiary of having a solid supporting cast around him.

He's fools gold.  If he thinks he's some sort of special talent that can be a #2 or #3 option on a winning team then he's developed acute psychosis over the offseason.  He sure chucks shots like it.  Selfish, dribbles the air out of the ball, awful pick and roll player, inconsistent defensively.

That's not me being purposefully negative, it's a realistic assessment of his play this season.  This is from someone who was high on Rozier since his rookie year, even as he had his growing pains in his first two seasons.

« Reply #436 on: November 24, 2018, 10:59:26 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Starting to wonder if this team will figure it out this year. We are a hot mess half the time. We are almost as close to Atlanta as we are to the Raptors-pathetic and not enjoyable to watch...

Looks like Mavericks have an heir apparent to Dirk...crazy both from Europe- Their GM. should be signed to an extension and so should the European scouts. He appears to have that it factor.

« Reply #437 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:01 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
honestly I'm sick of this ****-the hell was Brad Stevens doing when he benched the starters at the start of the fourth? Now we're getting blown out-**** the Celtics

That's been a continuous theme since the beginning of the season. Not only can he not get these guys' heads on straight and clarify roles, but his rotations have just been a mess, and he consistently makes bad decisions in games that hurt us.
^this-I already have like 5 games off the top of my head where he killed us with rotations. If this goes on till the All-Star break (we're still hovering around .500), Brad needs to go, it's not only him who knows how to coach, I'm pretty sure we could pull off a Nick Nurse or a Mike Budenholzer.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #438 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:11 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
For those saying that the "Mavs just can't miss"...the teams are basically shooting with identical % for 2 and 3

but the mavs have 16 made 3s and we have 9.

Yeah they shot more 3s too...you know how percentages work right?

yeah I think I do.  Maybe you don't understand that those 7 3s mean more points for the mavs.

Yeah if they got 10 more layups that would be 20 more points...that has nothing to do with them "being on fire" or playing "can't miss" basketball like some have posted here.

This game had nothing to do with the Mavs shooting better.

I am not the one saying the mavs were on fire...  But they did shoot the 3 better than us.  39% to 35.7%.  Thats how facts work.

« Reply #439 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:12 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
No matter what you think of Smart as a player, he is a real competitor, he takes the game very seriously. He was really focused in tonight.

« Reply #440 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:39 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
It’s the NBA gotta work for your wins, they’re not going to come just because you’re talented. Gotta want it more than the other team
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #441 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:40 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Celtic pride is in tatters...we let the Mavs insult us by sending DeAndre Jordan to shoot the tech FT >:(

Punk move by Dallas, but Boston deserved it. The Celts being 10-10 in this "championship or bust" season is really like being 4-16 most seasons—wayyyyyyy below expectations.

Of course, Boston has built-in excuses tonight that I'm sure some fans will point to—second night of a back-to-back, on the road, no Hayward, Dallas has been hot. Whatever. Every night it's a different set of excuses for the same p----poor result.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #442 on: November 24, 2018, 11:01:50 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
For those saying that the "Mavs just can't miss"...the teams are basically shooting with identical % for 2 and 3

yeah I think I do.  Maybe you don't understand that those 7 3s mean more points for the mavs.

Yeah if they got 10 more layups that would be 20 more points...that has nothing to do with them "being on fire" or playing "can't miss" basketball like some have posted here.

I am not the one saying the mavs were on fire...  But they did shoot the 3 better than us.  39% to 35.7%.  Thats how facts work.
Then that's on the offensive scheme (for not getting us wide open looks) or the players (Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. enough to brick open 3s-Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. YOU HORFORD). This Celtics team is in a mess right now and we need changes fast.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #443 on: November 24, 2018, 11:02:39 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Celtic pride is in tatters...we let the Mavs insult us by sending DeAndre Jordan to shoot the tech FT >:(

Punk move by Dallas, but Boston deserved it. The Celts being 10-10 in this "championship or bust" season is really like being 4-16 most seasons—wayyyyyyy below expectations.

Of course, Boston has built-in excuses tonight that I'm sure some fans will point to—second night of a back-to-back, on the road, no Hayward, Dallas has been hot. Whatever. Every night it's a different set of excuses for the same p----poor result.
we definitely deserve this humbling experience, hope we implement changes and improve.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #444 on: November 24, 2018, 11:03:27 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Well, at least Golden State beat Sacramento tonight... by one point.

« Reply #445 on: November 24, 2018, 11:03:50 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I've already set my bar for this team lower, I don't believe we'll be making it out of the east because by the time we figure this out the chance for homecourt advantage will probably be long gone. I'm still watching every game though.

But I don't think we're the 2010 Miami Heat, we're nowhere near going on a big winning streak. We may drop a few games below .500 before things get better.

« Reply #446 on: November 24, 2018, 11:05:25 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I'm not one for hot takes, but it's time to trade Rozier.

I watched his body language. He hates his role on this team. He put little effort in this game. That's not going to change. It's only going to get worse.

Sounds about right. He was behind IT. Now he’s behind Kyrie. Dude knows he’s not getting his break on this team, barring injury. He’s 100% gone after this year.
- LilRip

« Reply #447 on: November 24, 2018, 11:05:54 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Then that's on the offensive scheme (for not getting us wide open looks) or the players (**** enough to brick open 3s-**** YOU HORFORD). This Celtics team is in a mess right now and we need changes fast.

I thought I was the most angry about this loss

« Reply #448 on: November 24, 2018, 11:06:19 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I've already set my bar for this team lower, I don't believe we'll be making out of the east because by the time we figure this out the chance for homecourt advantage will probably be long gone. I'm still watching every game though.

But I don't think we're the 2010 Miami Heat, we're nowhere near going on a big winning streak. We may drop a few games below .500 before things get better.
I doubt we'd even make the playoffs if we continue playing like this-Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. basketball and Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. coaching.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #449 on: November 24, 2018, 11:08:24 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Well, at least Golden State beat Sacramento tonight... by one point.

And the Rockets losing to the Cabs makes me feel a little bit better ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D