Author Topic: PP for Wilson Chandler, Andre Miller, and Koufos  (Read 777 times)

PP for Wilson Chandler, Andre Miller, and Koufos
« on: May 17, 2013, 02:13:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Would Denver consider this with Gallo out for most of next year?  We might have to give up this years #16 pick.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6263360

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Re: PP for Wilson Chandler, Andre Miller, and Koufos
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:08:33 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
My apologies to Bleedgreen1989!!!  He proposed this first and I just read it.  Sorry buddy.

Great idea BTW:-))))

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think this is possible. I think maybe Denver might be over-paying for Pierce here, and Masai Ujiri isn't in the business of over-paying for assets.

Honestly I think its more likely that Denver moves a S&T'd Iggy somewhere with cap room for a trade exception and late/future first.

Dallas?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
My apologies to Bleedgreen1989!!!  He proposed this first and I just read it.  Sorry buddy.

Great idea BTW:-))))

Smitty77

hahaha I read the title and thought "heyyy wait a second!"

Thanks for the props. I like the deal needless to say, I think it makes perfect sense for Denver to be interested in Pierce.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
I think this is possible. I think maybe Denver might be over-paying for Pierce here, and Masai Ujiri isn't in the business of over-paying for assets.

Honestly I think its more likely that Denver moves a S&T'd Iggy somewhere with cap room for a trade exception and late/future first.

Dallas?

How would this help Denver remain competitive?  ???
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Dallas?

Well Im assuming that the thinking is that Pierce brings leadership and scoring capabilities Chandler doesn't have.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 04:54:16 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

Dallas?

Well Im assuming that the thinking is that Pierce brings leadership and scoring capabilities Chandler doesn't have.

I meant how does it help Denver to s&t Iggy for an expiring and late 1st?
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 05:34:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Dallas?

I said trade exception, not exipiring. A trade exception is a very useful tool they can use through next summer to improve their team. A first rounder they can use to acquire another asset, and they'd do this because they don't believe Igouadala is bringing anything substantially more than a platoon of Brewer, Fournier, and Chandler.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 06:14:13 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

Dallas?

I said trade exception, not exipiring. A trade exception is a very useful tool they can use through next summer to improve their team. A first rounder they can use to acquire another asset, and they'd do this because they don't believe Igouadala is bringing anything substantially more than a platoon of Brewer, Fournier, and Chandler.

Ohhh gotcha, my bad. Either way I feel like Iggy will be back. Bringing in Pierce would also alleviate Iggy of a lot of the scoring load.
*CB Miami Heat*