Author Topic: My Best Trade Proposal yet. And it makes Celtic sense!!! A must read.  (Read 9528 times)

Re: My Best Trade Proposal yet. And it makes Celtic sense!!! A must read.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Seems to me like Houston would want to attempt at least one postseason with it's current roster.  But if they would agree to this trade I would do it in an instant.  Yes, Artest is a headcase but not any more than Marbury, Wells, and others that bloggers have interest in.  And I think Artest is more of a winner than the other guys.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Big Baby has actually been a pretty valuable big for Boston.  Why wuold you trade a young Big for a locker room cancer like Artest?  It just doesn't make sense.  If you move Big Baby you need to get a Big in return, and preferably a Big that can defensively matchup with 7 footers.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Am I the only guy that was excited thinking of this deal??? Very suprised no else has commented on this one as it makes alot of sense.

I think it's a great deal for the C's, but I can't see any reason why Houston would consider it.

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 12:18:12 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Big Baby has actually been a pretty valuable big for Boston.  Why wuold you trade a young Big for a locker room cancer like Artest?  It just doesn't make sense.  If you move Big Baby you need to get a Big in return, and preferably a Big that can defensively matchup with 7 footers.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I dont know.

I probably would have said yes to this about a month ago.  But now there are reports that Mcgrady and Artest really don't like each other and that the Houston locker room is a mess.  I really don't want to take that chance.  I know we have a fantastic locker room chemistry that couldn't be disrupted by much, but if there was anyone who could mess things up it would be that man. 

I love the way he plays.  On the court I think he might be a perfect fit as our 6th man.  But I just don't think its worth the risk. 

We can win the title with our team as is.  There is no need to take that chance.

Yep.  Has to be Artest.  Isn't he the only new guy on the team?  Anyway, he hasn't played well this year and Houston's defense for some reason has taken a step back this year since Artest was acquired.  Who would have thought that their defense would be worse after getting Artest?  Something's not right with that guy.

If we could acquire him for the minimum without giving up any players (like if he was bought out), then I would take the risk, because the Celtics could just cut him if he causes problems, but that won't be the case if we trade for him.  

No thanks.

Well doesnt something tell you that their D took a step back because NOBODY else on the team has the desire to dig in except him? Yao is not digging in, Tracy is not able to with the back problems, definitely not Rafer and 1 Alston. So naturally Artest is left to do the dirty by his lonesome with the exception of maybe Shane Battier. He would have a luxury of Tom Thibs & a great player coach with Doc, And motivated all-around players on both ends to spur on his competitive juices as no one in the NBA outside of K.G. I believe can ramp it up defensively as an idividual defender like Artest. He needs to go to a team of winners & not constant underachievers like Houston is & was before he arrived there.

we woudl it tell me that and not that ron continues to be a team killing cancer that is only out for ron like every other stop of his wasted NBA career potential?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion