Author Topic: My Best Trade Proposal yet. And it makes Celtic sense!!! A must read.  (Read 9526 times)

Re: My Best Trade Proposal yet. And it makes Celtic sense!!! A must read.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'd rather Battier.  But I second or 3rd the mcgrady thoughts!

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I think everyone here would do that trade, easily... Unless they don't like Artest, which is kind of understandable. But being able to have Ronny off the bench would be really nice, and at least for the rest of the year would keep him away from the Lakers. We could use the toughness, scoring, rebounding and everything else Ron brings... And that includes the "I'm crazy" factor. Refs have a harder time calling fouls on Artest and his team. It's scientifically proven. Look it up.

He'd be like a rich man's James Posey.

But with that being said, in the NBA, at least, two teams have to agree to a trade and I don't think Houston would be into this.

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Unless the League is going to make a special exception for the Rockets and let Big Baby, Giddens, Scal, and TA all play small forward for the Rockets at the same time (thus allowing the Rockets an 8 on 5 advantage) at all times, this makes no sense for the Rockets. 

Would any of those players even crack Houston's rotation?

Quantity for quality is never a good idea, particularly in the NBA, where only 5 people play at a time (it might make sense in the NFL, where you need 11 offensive starters, 11 defensive, plus special teams).  If Houston was dumb enough to do that, that'd be great.  But I highly doubt it.

But I also doubted the Griz would give away Gasol, so you never know. 

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Here's a scary thought, what if we somehow had both Starbury and Artest?  Whoa.    :-X

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Here's a scary thought, what if we somehow had both Starbury and Artest?  Whoa.    :-X

If we get those two to come from the bench
And doc somehow manage to survive in the locker room
thats a 75 wins season

Mark it.

Rondo Starbury Pruitt
Ray    House    Allen
Pierce  Artest  Walker
GarneTT Artest  Powe
Perk    My little sister and Me.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I think everyone here would do that trade, easily... Unless they don't like Artest, which is kind of understandable. But being able to have Ronny off the bench would be really nice, and at least for the rest of the year would keep him away from the Lakers. We could use the toughness, scoring, rebounding and everything else Ron brings... And that includes the "I'm crazy" factor. Refs have a harder time calling fouls on Artest and his team. It's scientifically proven. Look it up.

He'd be like a rich man's James Posey.

But with that being said, in the NBA, at least, two teams have to agree to a trade and I don't think Houston would be into this.

Ron Artest doesn't want to come off the bench.  Remember his whining about wanting to be the focus of the offense so he can make the money as the top scorers in the league?  And I hate the way he plays the game.  He's the type of dirty I wouldn't want on my team.  I don't like the crap he does to Paul and other players and I wouldn't want anyone on my team doing that stupid crap either.... pulling a guys pants down, putting them in the headlock?...... that stuff is not funny and is just dumb!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 06:10:22 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
No way Houston does this. They could get much more for Artest.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 06:32:02 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
why do I find myself loving reading these proposals??

Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
..... now there are reports that Mcgrady and Artest really don't like each other and that the Houston locker room is a mess.  I really don't want to take that chance.  I know we have a fantastic locker room chemistry that couldn't be disrupted by much, but if there was anyone who could mess things up it would be that man. 

I love the way he plays.  On the court I think he might be a perfect fit as our 6th man.  But I just don't think its worth the risk. 

We can win the title with our team as is.  There is no need to take that chance.

you are correct that team chemistry is not something to disrupt.

you are incorrect that this team - as is - can win the title this year.
Ainge has to do something to make up for letting Posey go.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
..... now there are reports that Mcgrady and Artest really don't like each other and that the Houston locker room is a mess.  I really don't want to take that chance.  I know we have a fantastic locker room chemistry that couldn't be disrupted by much, but if there was anyone who could mess things up it would be that man. 

I love the way he plays.  On the court I think he might be a perfect fit as our 6th man.  But I just don't think its worth the risk. 

We can win the title with our team as is.  There is no need to take that chance.

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
I don't like the trade as you propose it, but I would love to have Artest (IF). He can defend and he can score. The only thing he can't do is play with 4 other players. Its such a waste that a player as good as Artest is such a head case. Getting Artest would be like getting Marbury, but Marbury could probably be kept under control. As to his defense, I should add that if the refs call the fouls he commits he would foul out of the game in 10 minutes. If he played for Boston those calls would be made. You can bet on it.

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 09:04:18 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't like the trade as you propose it, but I would love to have Artest (IF). He can defend and he can score. The only thing he can't do is play with 4 other players. Its such a waste that a player as good as Artest is such a head case. Getting Artest would be like getting Marbury, but Marbury could probably be kept under control. As to his defense, I should add that if the refs call the fouls he commits he would foul out of the game in 10 minutes. If he played for Boston those calls would be made. You can bet on it.

I totally agree.  It drives me crazy that this guy was once considered the villain of the league, but the refs give him the star treatment and let him do whatever he wants against the Celtics.  The minute he becomes a Celtic, he would be the villain of the league again and foul out in 10 minutes like you said.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 09:17:38 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139

If we get those two to come from the bench
And doc somehow manage to survive in the locker room
thats a 75 wins season

Mark it.

Rondo Starbury Pruitt
Ray    House    Allen
Pierce  Artest  Walker
GarneTT Artest  Powe
Perk    My little sister and Me.

Is your little sister at least 7 feet tall?  :P

I'd like to get the good Ron Artest coming in as a 6th man. He has had his issues in the past but I believe the poor guy wants to be a winner. He can bring a lot of energy and needs to get out of Houston and away from T-Whack.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:10 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I dont know.

I probably would have said yes to this about a month ago.  But now there are reports that Mcgrady and Artest really don't like each other and that the Houston locker room is a mess.  I really don't want to take that chance.  I know we have a fantastic locker room chemistry that couldn't be disrupted by much, but if there was anyone who could mess things up it would be that man. 

Yep.  Has to be Artest.  Isn't he the only new guy on the team?  Anyway, he hasn't played well this year and Houston's defense for some reason has taken a step back this year since Artest was acquired.  Who would have thought that their defense would be worse after getting Artest?  Something's not right with that guy.

If we could acquire him for the minimum without giving up any players (like if he was bought out), then I would take the risk, because the Celtics could just cut him if he causes problems, but that won't be the case if we trade for him.  

No thanks.

Well doesnt something tell you that their D took a step back because NOBODY else on the team has the desire to dig in except him? Yao is not digging in, Tracy is not able to with the back problems, definitely not Rafer and 1 Alston. So naturally Artest is left to do the dirty by his lonesome with the exception of maybe Shane Battier. He would have a luxury of Tom Thibs & a great player coach with Doc, And motivated all-around players on both ends to spur on his competitive juices as no one in the NBA outside of K.G. I believe can ramp it up defensively as an idividual defender like Artest. He needs to go to a team of winners & not constant underachievers like Houston is & was before he arrived there.

Of course Artest isn't the reason their defense has fallen off.  But one of the Rocket's biggest strengths the past couple of years was their team chemistry and camraderie (I know I spelled that wrong).  They have basically the same team as they have had for awhile now.  The only difference is Artest.  Suddenly they go from team chemistry being a strength to it being a huge problem.

And I agree that if any team could handle Artest it would be the Celtics.  But I just dont know if we can.

When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 09:33:02 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

And you know this because you've gazed into your crystal ball and seen the future champion?

I can understand having doubts or concerns about the ability to repeat but this team is still a legit contender for the title as is.  Could it use a stronger bench, sure.  But to just dismiss them as is makes no sense.