Author Topic: My Best Trade Proposal yet. And it makes Celtic sense!!! A must read.  (Read 9530 times)

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
As is it seems Ron Artest doesn't fit in well with the new guys in Houston, I was thinking of a possible deal that would make sense for both teams as Houston may be now looking forward to dealing Artest to please McGrady. All signs say that there is a rift between those two & here is what I came up with. (Trade Checker Approved)

Boston Trades:

Power Forward: Glen "Big Baby" Davis
Shooting Guard: Tony Allen
Power Forward: Brian Scalabrine
Small Forward: J.R. Giddens

Boston Receives:

Small Forward: Ron Artest

With this move Boston shores up some bench scoring, add another physical tough defensive element to the 2nd unit that we have lacked while providing a proven go to guy on the 2nd that the Big 3 never had in their brief time together. Boston could quite possibly put a unit on the floor at any given time of Perkins, Garnett, Pierce, Artest & Rondo that may very well be the greatest defensive unit ever assembled in the last 20 years. Even besting Pippen, Rodman & Jordan as they only had 3 great defenders. Boston would floor 3 great defenders & 2 very good ones at 1 time awesome! We would miss Big Baby as he was starting to be a key Defensive element himself while knocking down the jumper here lately, but it would just make us rely more heavily on Leon Powe & to me that is not a bad option with him being finals proven already. The only downfall to this deal in my eyes is that we would HAVE to play Patrick O'Bryant with the 2nd unit. And I for one, believe in Patrick & it provides us with addequate length we been begging for all along. The best part of this trade just might be discovering Patrick & seeing what he can do in significant minutes. Artest would be big in 2 series, Lebron stopper & Kobe container! While letting Pierce & Allen focus on putting points on the board & preserving energy not having to chase those two guys around for 7 games.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:39:22 PM by KG_ended_Bias »

Re: My Best Trade Proposal yet. And it makes Celtic sense!!! A must read.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Am I the only guy that was excited thinking of this deal??? Very suprised no else has commented on this one as it makes alot of sense.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm a little trade proposal'ed out  :o
Yup

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:01:55 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I would love Artest.

A few problems:
* We're over the cap
* Houston can and will get more than this for Artest
God bless and good night!

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 04:10:04 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I dont know.

I probably would have said yes to this about a month ago.  But now there are reports that Mcgrady and Artest really don't like each other and that the Houston locker room is a mess.  I really don't want to take that chance.  I know we have a fantastic locker room chemistry that couldn't be disrupted by much, but if there was anyone who could mess things up it would be that man. 

I love the way he plays.  On the court I think he might be a perfect fit as our 6th man.  But I just don't think its worth the risk. 

We can win the title with our team as is.  There is no need to take that chance.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 04:12:27 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
quote author=Redz link=topic=25616.msg425128#msg425128 date=1234472359]
[/quote]
After 9095 post I probably would be trade proposal'ed out also. But Im only 60 post in so dont rain or snow on my parade Big Dog I live in Sunny Phoenix! lol Let me have some fun![

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown

After 9095 post I probably would be trade proposal'ed out also. But Im only 60 post in so dont rain or snow on my parade Big Dog I live in Sunny Phoenix! lol Let me have some fun![

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 04:14:33 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I dont know.

I probably would have said yes to this about a month ago.  But now there are reports that Mcgrady and Artest really don't like each other and that the Houston locker room is a mess.  I really don't want to take that chance.  I know we have a fantastic locker room chemistry that couldn't be disrupted by much, but if there was anyone who could mess things up it would be that man. 

I love the way he plays.  On the court I think he might be a perfect fit as our 6th man.  But I just don't think its worth the risk. 

We can win the title with our team as is.  There is no need to take that chance.

Yep.  Has to be Artest.  Isn't he the only new guy on the team?  Anyway, he hasn't played well this year and Houston's defense for some reason has taken a step back this year since Artest was acquired.  Who would have thought that their defense would be worse after getting Artest?  Something's not right with that guy.

If we could acquire him for the minimum without giving up any players (like if he was bought out), then I would take the risk, because the Celtics could just cut him if he causes problems, but that won't be the case if we trade for him.  

No thanks.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 04:22:12 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
I dont know.

Yep.  Has to be Artest.  Isn't he the only new guy on the team?  Anyway, he hasn't played well this year and Houston's defense for some reason has taken a step back this year since Artest was acquired.  Who would have thought that their defense would be worse after getting Artest?  Something's not right with that guy.

If we could acquire him for the minimum without giving up any players (like if he was bought out), then I would take the risk, because the Celtics could just cut him if he causes problems, but that won't be the case if we trade for him.  

No thanks.

Well doesnt something tell you that their D took a step back because NOBODY else on the team has the desire to dig in except him? Yao is not digging in, Tracy is not able to with the back problems, definitely not Rafer and 1 Alston. So naturally Artest is left to do the dirty by his lonesome with the exception of maybe Shane Battier. He would have a luxury of Tom Thibs & a great player coach with Doc, And motivated all-around players on both ends to spur on his competitive juices as no one in the NBA outside of K.G. I believe can ramp it up defensively as an idividual defender like Artest. He needs to go to a team of winners & not constant underachievers like Houston is & was before he arrived there.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 04:23:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I dont know.

i'm not defending artest or this trade, but is there a bigger loser in the league than mcgrady? winning avoid's the guy like the plague, and he's lazy too boot. can't imagine he's much of a teammate when he's constantly walking around the court 3 1/2 quarters a game and taking nights off.

i don't support this move, but if there's any locker room that could handle artest it's in boston.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 04:25:37 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Am I the only guy that was excited thinking of this deal??? Very suprised no else has commented on this one as it makes alot of sense.
There's no need to get too excited about bringing in other guys when you have the roster we have. We've spent so much time in the past fantasizing about acquisitions. Now is the time to be exicted about who is on our team. Instead of getting too worked up about some Ron Artest trade that has a 0% chance of ever happening, remind yourself that we have KG, and get yourself excited about that!!

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
I dont know.

i'm not defending artest or this trade, but is there a bigger loser in the league than mcgrady? winning avoid's the guy like the plague, and he's lazy too boot. can't imagine he's much of a teammate when he's constantly walking around the court 3 1/2 quarters a game and taking nights off.

i don't support this move, but if there's any locker room that could handle artest it's in boston.
I agree with the Tracy McGrady as the true loser assement as these days he is looking totally sapped of any atleticism he may have had left starting the season. HE LOOKS AWFUL! You cant blame that on Artest.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 04:32:38 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
and i will say that, recalling how he harassing PP earlier this season, it'd be pretty cool to have him coming off the bench to do that to Lebron, Hedu, Joe Johnson or whoever in the playoffs...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
There's no need to get too excited about bringing in other guys when you have the roster we have. We've spent so much time in the past fantasizing about acquisitions. Now is the time to be exicted about who is on our team. Instead of getting too worked up about some Ron Artest trade that has a 0% chance of ever happening, remind yourself that we have KG, and get yourself excited about that!!
Trust me when I say I love my team, But just like Danny Ainge I will continue work on making my team better. I never get content & die with certain players, and I am sure K.G. himself wouldnt want management themsleves to stop looking for ways that can possibly make this team a better one.

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I like it. Too bad Houston doesn't.