Author Topic: Trade back for Posey  (Read 2363 times)

Trade back for Posey
« on: February 11, 2009, 10:54:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He has been looking more and more like a bad pickup for the hornets. He is also a competitor that doesn't really like to tolerate mistakes at this point in his career and new orleans unfortunately have alot of young players in their team.

Rumors tumbling that Tyson Chandler is on the block (killing chances the hornets will go far in the playoffs) and who knows possibly david west next then their coach getting fired they would have no use to keep posey.

I would like to see danny ainge get posey back to us only on the condition the hornets take responsibility for one year or most of one year of his contract.

Trade proposal

We get posey back (with them taking care of a year)

Hornets get

Pruitt, Leon Powe and say POB. They need a backup for paul and also they can use a hardworking player like powe.

I like pruitt and powe but i rather have Posey back(which would be tremendous in the confidence boosting department)

Re: Trade back for Posey
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Its more the fact they do not think posey will be worth the money 3 or 4 years from now, and I'm not sure that a team can cover a contract like they can in baseball but I could be wrong.

Posey is not walking through that door, hopefully someone is but Posey won't be that man IMO

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:05:50 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
He has been looking more and more like a bad pickup for the hornets. He is also a competitor that doesn't really like to tolerate mistakes at this point in his career and new orleans unfortunately have alot of young players in their team.

Rumors tumbling that Tyson Chandler is on the block (killing chances the hornets will go far in the playoffs) and who knows possibly david west next then their coach getting fired they would have no use to keep posey.

I would like to see danny ainge get posey back to us only on the condition the hornets take responsibility for one year or most of one year of his contract.

Trade proposal

We get posey back (with them taking care of a year)

Hornets get

Pruitt, Leon Powe and say POB. They need a backup for paul and also they can use a hardworking player like powe.

I like pruitt and powe but i rather have Posey back(which would be tremendous in the confidence boosting department)

Even if they gave us cash (and there's a limit to that, right?) we'd still be paying luxury tax $$ on Posey.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 11:16:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
a 2nd championship is worth such a penalty. Posey = confident team that will go far in the playoffs. Use profits from going far in the playoffs to pay the overcap penalty. Next year will be a different story

Posey honestly is the absolute best fit for this team to have any chance to win another ring compared to most vets we could get in the league and that includes even the legendary reggie miller, big shot bob etc.

Even without having a legit backup center , having posey would make a drastic difference.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Don't think those salaries add up, and I can't imagine why NO would want Pruitt and Paddy.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Posey love fest has to end. The guy wasn't superman and won't be one anytime soon. The only thing we missed is his 3point shooting which isn't much since he averaged 7.4ppg. Besides why would Ainge want to take on that ridiculous contract even with a discount.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:35:39 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
NO gets

Scals (agrees to buyout like McDyess)
Sam (gets released)
JR Giddens
future pick

Cs get

Posey

NO does it to get prospect, pick and move Pose. Cs do it because they get Pose (key bench player from Title run) and get back Scals and Sam...

The love-fest with Pose isn't because he's Superman, but because he was a strong piece on our bench last season when we won it all....

I love the idea of getting Pose back, and like Mike and Donny pointed out, the Hornets aren't generating the same revenue as the Cs, so they might be willing to move Pose.