Author Topic: The Big Cactus, The Big Snowman?  (Read 3478 times)

The Big Cactus, The Big Snowman?
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:31:51 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
No fancy words here, just a trade:

BOS Sends: R. Allen, Perkins, Scalabrine, T. Allen, House
BOS Gets: O'Neal, Barbosa, Dudley

PHO Sends: O'Neal, Barbosa, Dudley
PHO Gets: R. Allen, Perkins, Scalabrine, T. Allen, House
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: The Big Cactus, The Big Snowman?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't think that trade helps us.  It basically kills any ability we have to spread the floor, and it weakens us defensively.  It would be nice to have a post presence on the team, but not at this cost.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Doesnt help us...can we not trade one of the big 3?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 12:51:44 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
I don't think that trade helps us.  It basically kills any ability we have to spread the floor, and it weakens us defensively.  It would be nice to have a post presence on the team, but not at this cost.

I do not agree with your outside shooting assesment. Barbosa, the likely starter at shooting guard, has a quality outside shot and would pair with Rondo for one of the quickest backcourts in the league. Pruitt would get more burn at the one and two, helping to offset the loss of House (and improving on TA). Dudley shoots the three ball about as well as Scal.

I am not sure it makes us better either, but it would be great to see Kevin and Shaq on the same team.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 12:54:12 PM »

Online Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
This makes us so much worse.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

I do not agree with your outside shooting assesment. Barbosa, the likely starter at shooting guard, has a quality outside shot and would pair with Rondo for one of the quickest backcourts in the league. Pruitt would get more burn at the one and two, helping to offset the loss of House (and improving on TA). Dudley shoots the three ball about as well as Scal.

I am not sure it makes us better either, but it would be great to see Kevin and Shaq on the same team.

The likely starter? Wouldn't he be our only shooting guard?

Terrible trade to be frank.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 12:59:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

only if shaq somehow drops 5-6 years of wear and tear on the incoming flight.

I appreciate the attempt, and TP for the effort, but thats a pretty bad trade for us to be honest with shaq's current form.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 01:00:39 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Does anyone think that the suns don't do that either?  It makes sense for neither team.
do it

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 01:01:33 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Ray Allen for Shaq?  LOL are you kidding me?  10 years ago this trade would make sense.  But not now, not for a 37 year old Shaq who runs the floor like he's got cement blocks attached to his feet.

Stop trying to trade Ray Allen, he's arguably our best and most consistent scorer this season.

If you're trying to ship Tony Allen out of town for something, I'm all for that, but leave Ray Ray alone!

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 12:31:49 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I really do not wish to appear rude, but this may the single worst trade idea I have ever seen posted. I just don't get it. What would be the possible advantage?