Author Topic: Kamen  (Read 6368 times)

Re: Kamen
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 07:33:36 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I dont think there are many NBA teams that would trade a legit, non over paid big man for 5 scrubs. when JR Giddens or Tony Allen is the most talented player in the trade, I dont think that will get it done.

Pau Gasol, anyone?

yes, and while they probably didnt get equal value, his brother is pretty darn good, crittendon sucks but he was at least somewhat of a prospect and they got two first rounders.  none of that is offered here.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Gasol's a better player than Kamen.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 10:30:46 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
This just in: The Clips turned down a Baron Davis and kamen for Kidd deal. So unless they think that B Davis is suddenly going to turn into a winning player of any kind, I can pretty uch eat my words.

I still believe a deal is out there for a guy who is making too much $$$. It's a dollars and cents issue for Wyc and he gang -- but insurance may be necessary to make sure we repeat!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 11:40:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
i'll probably get creamed for this but...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1982~2367~138~3429~3019~1021&teams=2~12~12~12~12~12&te=&cash=

LAC saves around $30mil: thatsa spicy meatball. they get two good prospects at the 2/3 (not their strongest area) and clear the logjam upfront for camby, randolph and jordan. they immediately cut cassel, who since he can't sign for 30 days with the Cs he couldn't play for us in the playoffs anymore, comes back to coach for us.

we get much bigger upfront, win another chamionship, and become major lux tax payers. kamen prob starts when healthy, but he and perk play about equal minutes since - shhhh - they're both a little gimpy.

the NBA, where slashing payroll happens....

Who are the 2 good prospects? Did you forget to include them in the trade?

Why would they want to dump Kamen anyway? Isn't he one of the guys they would want to keep?

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »

Offline PJ Martinez

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
This is highly unlikely. But if you're going to make a proposal, Powe or Big Baby has to be involved, along with possibly Bill Walker if he interests anyone, and, as many have noted, so does a third team.

So, who's the third team? Find one, and this could maybe become a sort of interesting idea -- or closer to one, anyway.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 01:09:34 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Not to be nitpicking but it's "Kaman".
The thread title confused me at first
because I thought this might be about
Michael Kamen or some other Kamen.
And I'm not talking about the Birdman
here, people  ;D
Sometimes a small error like that can
be so very confusing. Oh, well. Now
y'all know. Back on topic...

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 06:54:27 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I dont think there are many NBA teams that would trade a legit, non over paid big man for 5 scrubs. when JR Giddens or Tony Allen is the most talented player in the trade, I dont think that will get it done.

Pau Gasol, anyone?

Different situations and he was traded for a huge expiring  - something we don't have.

Kaman has a huge salary-kicker trade restriction on his contract. He's a good contract for the Clippers but he'd be overpaid if traded for another team.