Author Topic: Kamen  (Read 6345 times)

Kamen
« on: February 10, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
i'll probably get creamed for this but...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1982~2367~138~3429~3019~1021&teams=2~12~12~12~12~12&te=&cash=

LAC saves around $30mil: thatsa spicy meatball. they get two good prospects at the 2/3 (not their strongest area) and clear the logjam upfront for camby, randolph and jordan. they immediately cut cassel, who since he can't sign for 30 days with the Cs he couldn't play for us in the playoffs anymore, comes back to coach for us.

we get much bigger upfront, win another chamionship, and become major lux tax payers. kamen prob starts when healthy, but he and perk play about equal minutes since - shhhh - they're both a little gimpy.

the NBA, where slashing payroll happens....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Kamen
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
We couldn't do this deal, because it would put the Clips over 15 players.  During the season, teams can't go over the 15 player roster limit, even if they intend to waive the players.

As for the trade itself, Kaman's contract is pretty pricey, but talent wise, it's a slam dunk.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 06:00:25 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Scal and TA would be a big loss come playoff time, Kaman would help, but the rotation would be done.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
I dont think there are many NBA teams that would trade a legit, non over paid big man for 5 scrubs. when JR Giddens or Tony Allen is the most talented player in the trade, I dont think that will get it done.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
You need a third team to address Roy's concerns, but yes this would be a great talent steal, and is thus not likely to happen.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Also you could improve it talent wise by subbing BBD or Powe for Sam I Am and by replacing Giddens with Walker.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 06:29:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
We couldn't do this deal, because it would put the Clips over 15 players.  During the season, teams can't go over the 15 player roster limit, even if they intend to waive the players.

As for the trade itself, Kaman's contract is pretty pricey, but talent wise, it's a slam dunk.

Can't they just cut ricky davis this week or something?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 06:31:57 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I dont think there are many NBA teams that would trade a legit, non over paid big man for 5 scrubs. when JR Giddens or Tony Allen is the most talented player in the trade, I dont think that will get it done.

i repeat: 30    million    dollars. here's another relevant phrase: donald   sterling.

the only teams adding salary right now are contenders. who else is trading for an injured big man with this kind of commitment? maybe chicago, but since they haven't pulled the trigger on either gasol, kg and others -- i doubt it's gonna be kamen they finally go for.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Can't they just cut ricky davis this week or something?

sorry -- meaning, before the trade.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 06:42:01 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

i repeat: 30    million    dollars. here's another relevant phrase: donald   sterling.

the only teams adding salary right now are contenders. who else is trading for an injured big man with this kind of commitment? maybe chicago, but since they haven't pulled the trigger on either gasol, kg and others -- i doubt it's gonna be kamen they finally go for.

Except the Clips are likely not interested in doing something like that, since they gave all that cash to B-Diddy.

And they wouldnt be adding salary...since the money is already on their books.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 06:45:18 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If there is anyway for us to get Kaman I tell Danny to jump on the opportunity right away... however it just cant happen. Kaman is too talented and too pricey and we dont have the pieces to make a deal with them. Unless we add a third team and the clips get an expiring contract along with young talent in return, this is a deal that wont be taking place.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 06:49:21 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Except the Clips are likely not interested in doing something like that, since they gave all that cash to B-Diddy.

i really have no idea what this means. but if you're saying that a 10 win team with 3 other centers wouldn't mind dumping one at a savings of $30mil, you're name isn't Donald Sterling, mon frere...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 06:52:10 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
If there is anyway for us to get Kaman I tell Danny to jump on the opportunity right away... however it just cant happen. Kaman is too talented and too pricey and we dont have the pieces to make a deal with them. Unless we add a third team and the clips get an expiring contract along with young talent in return, this is a deal that wont be taking place.

again, i ask: who else is acquiring kaman for an expiring deal and a young talent. he hasn't played in months and there are many other bigs out there on the market.

the Cs may not be offering an "expiring deal" but their commitment next year is pretty limited here....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Pau Gasol, anyone?

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

i really have no idea what this means. but if you're saying that a 10 win team with 3 other centers wouldn't mind dumping one at a savings of $30mil, you're name isn't Donald Sterling, mon frere...

Jordan, Camby, Kaman. 

Who is the best of the three?  Camby or Kaman...certainly not Jordan.  dont you think they would rather keep the younger, less injury prone player (that would be Kaman).  now, if you told me they were trying to move camby, well that would be realistic.