Author Topic: Two (affordable) Trade to Help the Celtics  (Read 8033 times)

Re: Two (affordable) Trade to Help the Celtics
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
One of these:

Pruitt & Giddens for Grant Hill
TA for Grant Hill
Giddens or Pruitt for Matt Barnes

Then, depending on which of the above trades is done:

Powe & Scal for Joe Smith
Powe & TA for Joe Smith
Scal and TA for Joe Smith

I think we are going to have to give a prospect to get Joe Smith. why wouldn't OKC just play out the season on his expiring contract over taking on players who are signed next year?

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 06:29:31 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i was aon the fence w/barnes last year if he was cheap. i'm glad danny did'nt grab him though. i don't think he'd help that much.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 09:09:28 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
One of these:

TA for Grant Hill

Powe & TA for Joe Smith

I think we are going to have to give a prospect to get Joe Smith. why wouldn't OKC just play out the season on his expiring contract over taking on players who are signed next year?

What about adding a second round pick?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I think Pruitt, TA and Scal with cash for Barbosa would save the Suns plenty of money and be appealing to them because all are low cost players that will accept roles and be productive in limited minutes. Throw in Giddens if we have to, but make them give up a pick.

Barbosa would easily fill the roles vacated by TA and Pruitt. He would be a very productive second unit player alongside House and would be excellent running the floor with Rondo when we want to push the pace.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 12:11:12 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
One of these:

TA for Grant Hill

Powe & TA for Joe Smith

I'm sorry but Grant Hill is the most overrated player on the planet.  He's nothing more than a mediocre pro who did great things in college.  Joe Smith on the other hand might be able to help the Celtics with his size and veteran experience coming in to backup Perk/KG.  I don't think POB is ready so acquiring another Big to matchup against other bigs defensively would be really helpful.

Powe and Big Baby are doing well but they are still undersized/short for the positions that they play.

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 12:14:55 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
One of these:

TA for Grant Hill

Powe & TA for Joe Smith

I'm sorry but Grant Hill is the most overrated player on the planet.  He's nothing more than a mediocre pro who did great things in college.  Joe Smith on the other hand might be able to help the Celtics with his size and veteran experience coming in to backup Perk/KG.  I don't think POB is ready so acquiring another Big to matchup against other bigs defensively would be really helpful.

Powe and Big Baby are doing well but they are still undersized/short for the positions that they play.

I totally disagree with you about Grant Hill.  And remember we are looking for bench help, not another superstar.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I totally disagree with you about Grant Hill.  And remember we are looking for bench help, not another superstar.

I might be exaggerating slightly but Grant Hill is still way overrated when you compare the expectations that people have of him and the actual results he brings with him. 
Is it any coincidence that the Pistons did not rise to NBA powers and multiple championships until AFTER they traded Grant Hill away?
How is Phoenix doing with Grant Hill?  They are still perennial playoff washouts and looking to dump pieces/acquire different pieces.

The Celtics need another big who can match up defensively against 7 footers way more than yet another small forward.  I would be against trading young talent for a 36 year old Grant Hill who never managed to live up to the hype anyways.

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald

I might be exaggerating slightly but Grant Hill is still way overrated when you compare the expectations that people have of him and the actual results he brings with him. 
Is it any coincidence that the Pistons did not rise to NBA powers and multiple championships until AFTER they traded Grant Hill away?
How is Phoenix doing with Grant Hill?  They are still perennial playoff washouts and looking to dump pieces/acquire different pieces.

The Celtics need another big who can match up defensively against 7 footers way more than yet another small forward.  I would be against trading young talent for a 36 year old Grant Hill who never managed to live up to the hype anyways.

Grant Hill is a starter being asked to do and be more than he should.  He'd be a great compliment to Pierce coming off the bench.