Author Topic: Greece v Serbia Fight  (Read 8464 times)

Greece v Serbia Fight
« on: August 20, 2010, 04:49:12 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPLa-633zNI

Pretty insane. Reportedly (by Chris Sheridan) Nenad Krstic was eventually arrested, and looking at what he did, he's probably out of the tournament. Wonder if it would warrant an NBA suspension if the guy on the Greece team files charges.

I've seen players fight, but to have one smack another with a chair...that's a first for me.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

Re: Greece v Serbia Fight
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 05:22:34 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I can`t understand why Krstic went mad! I don`t think that Bourousis will file charges. THe serbian coach Ivkovic will cach bourousis` team next season so i think he can concince him to let it go

The refs (their calls were 85-15 for Greece) and a rivarly between Teodosic and Diamantidis since the Greek finals caused this mess. Pretty embarrasing ....

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 05:29:50 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38779671/ns/sports-player_news/

Says in the link most likely just a 2 game suspension.  Will be interesting to see if he gets suspended for the whole tournament though. 

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:52:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Still I saw a lot more grabbing and posturing than really throwing down.  Most baskhetball players are poor fighters when they take a real punch they wimp out pretty quickly.   They are more about trying to the the man than really skilled fighters. 

His ear was bleeding and taking a blow or wound in the ear hurts and is maddening.  It bleeds a lot too but it really makes you mad.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 07:35:54 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Still I saw a lot more grabbing and posturing than really throwing down.  Most baskhetball players are poor fighters when they take a real punch they wimp out pretty quickly.   They are more about trying to the the man than really skilled fighters. 

His ear was bleeding and taking a blow or wound in the ear hurts and is maddening.  It bleeds a lot too but it really makes you mad.

In the very end they show what started it, and there were much more fighting.  At one point they started going after a guy on the floor.  Krstic showed to be a little girl, punching and kicking while around his players then quickly backpaddling when he started getting outnumbered (before he threw the chair).

At the Libertadores finals there was a fight in the end of the game.  The funny thing is the reported.  Watch the reporter on the top right corner (27 seconds) running along as the fight progresses and then sprinting as somebody goes after him.  Pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxt2Uf2x1TM
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 08:25:08 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I love how Krstic starts hammering Greek Shaq and then starts running away when the monster starts coming after him.  And the chair didn't even come close to hitting him!  It looks like it hit a coach or trainer from his own team.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 09:14:49 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Maybe Pierce'll reconsider his plan to go play in Greece for a year after his current contract, eh?

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 09:29:20 AM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
I can`t understand why Krstic went mad! I don`t think that Bourousis will file charges. THe serbian coach Ivkovic will cach bourousis` team next season so i think he can concince him to let it go

The refs (their calls were 85-15 for Greece) and a rivarly between Teodosic and Diamantidis since the Greek finals caused this mess. Pretty embarrasing ....
Well Krstic being the captain, having to watch refs help Greeks more than they helped Lakers past couple of years and then Greeks starting the fight... I can't understand why he didn't take a chair in the start and kill a ref with it.. Or the black dude.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:02:01 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Well Krstic being the captain, having to watch refs help Greeks more than they helped Lakers past couple of years and then Greeks starting the fight... I can't understand why he didn't take a chair in the start and kill a ref with it.. Or the black dude.
the greeks got 85% of the calls? really? did you even watch the game? the greeks have been steamrolling opponents in the acropolis tournament. i highly doubt they need to be pushed by the refs. just because serbia couldnt put them away when they had the chance it wasnt the refs fault.

the problem here is that teodosic is a little punk. the guy is a plain loser. and unlike krstic, teodosic actually plays in the greek league. he started all this mess last year against panathinaikos in the finals and it carried over to this game. the kid is gonna get knocked around when he plays pao next season in oaka stadium. along with keselj who landed a few knocks to tsartsaris, he is gonna have a huge bullseye on him (not that he didnt already).

as far is krstic is concerned, he spent the night in police custody and was released today. i always thought of the guy as a quiet player in the nba but this guy went nuts punching schortsianitis in the back of the head and then ran away like a little girl when big sofo turned around. i dont think bourousis will file criminal charges against him but i bet he'll get some sort of fine. i doubt anyone gets suspended because the world championship is coming up.

either way, it'll make for a fun tournament. just imagine if these 2 teams actually meet up again....

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 10:17:24 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Well i did watch the game like the other two
In all 3 games althought the Greek team was clearly better and definately didn`t need any push (it`s a friendly tournament !!!!) the refs helped like it was a matter of life and death. I sure nobody asked for this. Kazlauskas would rather preffer a tough challenge than a walk in the park

BTW Teodosic is a punk

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 10:35:43 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
as for the refs, it wasnt that one sided. the serbs got away with a good amount of calls in the first as well. considering that greece was the home team ( i guess for the entire tournament) you had to expect some calls to go their way. but it wasnt because of the referees that the fight started. the entire situation started b/c teodosic stuck his fist into fotsi's midsection when he took his shot (he's done this a couple of times to sarunas jaskivicius last year as well during the finals). that's why fotsis was angry and confronted him.  the rest is history as they say.

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 06:21:27 AM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
First off PAO fans hate Olympiakos, so... You may call Teo whatever you want, he's still one of the best in Europe. Plus he didn't start it. :)
Second Greeks hate Serbia as we've been owning you time and time again, decade after decade after decade... When's the last time you played in Belgrade? And we've owned you in Athens so many times that it's just embarrassing. Even my Greek friends (who happen to support Olympiakos) don't watch your national team's games. After Eurobasket which you've been talking about and expecting so much, just cover your ears.
If you have been steamrolling, how come there was only one point difference? Your point was that you didn't need any help by the refs because you owned everyone. You didn't own us so refs decided to help (or it was arranged, either way).
Do you really think that our players would really get involved into a fight without having a good reason for it? I mean only a mad man would assume that basketball players get p---ed over 1 point difference. I watched the game yesterday (replay) and you were the one getting away with the calls, not us. Our coach got 2 technicals for no reason. End of discussion.

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 07:32:39 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
This has got nothing to do with rivalry when players square up to each other like that. If police saw ppl browl like this in the street they would be put to jail, but because these guys are sports heroes/icons who kids look up to (sadly!), they are treated differently. That really p---es me off as this has got nothing to do with sports at all. Rivalry is fine but rivalry doesnt mean fighting or hurting each other. It means that you got the bragging rights if your team wins. We are not in the middle of the 3rd world where chaos and non-existing rules apply. :( This Krstic dude should be getting a long ban.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 08:05:02 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't know anything about the rivalry and the history between these teams or the players, but I do know that was a horribly embarrassing display by Nenad Krstic.

He punches a guy in the back, then runs away, then throws a chair.  That video might end up being Nenad's defining moment.  Sad.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 09:11:38 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Maybe Pierce'll reconsider his plan to go play in Greece for a year after his current contract, eh?

zing!
(tp)
Celtics fan for life.