Author Topic: What do you consider the best aspect of your game?  (Read 8950 times)

What do you consider the best aspect of your game?
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:08:40 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
Personally my best aspect is my shooting. I've always been a dead eye, but after my knee injury it basically made me lose my driving ability so I've become much more reliant on my J, particularly the 3. The past 4 years I've played in a summer league at my hometown Y. the two years prior to knee injury and rehab I shot 38.6% and 43.1% from deep. Post surgery that number went off the charts 67.7% the first year back (limited games) and then it dropped of a bit to 59% last year. I think a large part of it was as soon as I was on my feet after surgery I was outside on the free throw line and I would put up about 500 depending on how much I could stand. I mean that's all I could do for months.

Pre-knee injury if you would have asked me this question I probably would have just said my motor. I would run all over the court all game just throwing my body around for every loose ball, steal or rebound I could get, probably what led to my knee giving out.

Physical stats:
6'2"
ACL,MCL,PCL and meniscus reconstruction.

I'm anxious to hear about your guys' game!
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

Re: What do you consider the best aspect of your game?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:24:34 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Because of my knees I basically haven't played since middle school.  So.... my best aspect is my ability to sit and watch and enjoy b-ball as part of the audience.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:44 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I bring the beer for after the game.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:10:32 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Shooting, defense, quickness and straight line speed

I am only 5 10 so I am very dissapointed in myself for not developing great handles. I should have been so much better but oh well. I was a PG that could get the ball up and start the offense but I lacked the ability to get wherever I wanted with the dribble. Think Eddie House. I still play quite a bit but I havent played organized ball for a couple of years. I am really missing the competition though!

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:42:41 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I think it would be my competitiveness. I never admit someone's better than me, and if someone is better I just use it as a motivation to work on my game even more :)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:46:43 AM »

Offline Newguy

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 13
My ability to take the defender off the dribble and take it to hole.  I'm only 5'7" and can no longer jump high anymore, but I can still somehow finish amongst the trees.  Think a much smaller and slower version of Deron Williams and Tyreke Evans.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Intangbles. :D
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 10:55:27 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Competitiveness / Defense / Good Shot Choice:

Those three things are always good for me. I'm always going all out at the Y, definitely putting in the most effort. I never sit out a game. My defense is good. For somebody who is about 5'8", I get an awful lot of blocks on guys who are 6'+. I actually learned everything I know about blocking from a Rasheed Wallace video I watched on youtube before he joined the Celtics. I get a good amount of steals as well and rarely let guys get by me unless they're quicker than me. and... I never take a bad shot. I never get blocked because I only shoot the ball when I know I have no chance of getting blocked. If there is any chance I could get blocked I pass it.

My shooting is streaky like Eddie House and my passing is streaky like Rondo I guess... sometimes I make a pass too risky and it gets stolen. My speed isn't very good. My stamina isn't very good.

However when I was at the Y a couple of days ago I had everything clicking at the same time. I Never got tired, wasn't missing my shots, wasn't making careless passes, playing good defense. It was a good time.

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Hands/passing/steals, (6'1" PG), absolutely ... and my record for consecutive games with a major contusion.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 11:13:35 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Defense (help defense is the best facet of my game), and three point shooting. Just like Posey only if he was a foot shorter.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 11:17:19 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'd say my shooting. Not so much because I'm a great shooter, but more because most guys don't expect me to take and hit outside shots since i'm usually one of the taller guys on the court i play at. But eventually people learn not to leave me wide open...
i've gained about 20lbs since last summer, and am currently at 6'4 205.  i'm hoping that'll help me post up and box out better. I'm moving to Worcester shortly, so I need to find a new court to play at.  

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Defense, period. I'm 6'3" and 200 pounds with about a 6'7" wingspan...I'd like to consider my game more Dikembe Mutumbo, with Hasheem Thabeet Offensively ;D.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 09:03:56 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Rebounding, post-up game and hustle. I'm a short PF.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
lol..wow..

well..u cant play to ya skillz unless u play with people who really know u..

i'll jus say me and my brotha and 3 otha homies hit the rec at 9am and sign the first five on the clip board and we hold the floor till bout 12pm......we all have our days to shine...

most yall sound like ball hogs..must have ya girl holdin ya gatorade and towel while yall ball and try to impress her..lol...

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
ACL,MCL,PCL and meniscus reconstruction.

:( I can relate, man.. Snowboarding and basketball are two loves of my life, but man they've really taken a toll on my ligaments.

But now, free throw shooting is my game, and spot up three point shooting from the new college line. I shoot over 90 percent from the line, and a good clip from the three.