Author Topic: Some Optimism For Terry in the Playoffs  (Read 4169 times)

Re: Some Optimism For Terry in the Playoffs
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 03:33:01 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
We should have traded him at the deadline.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Welp. I tried.

I don't know if such a thing was ever truly on the table but those "Rozier for Sabonis" threads from last summer have taken up residence in the regrets part of my brain.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
whatever team he is on next year ...he ll score 50 on the Celtics .

If they let Booker get 70, they'll let him do it.

I still maintain that it's in Terry's best interest to find a team for a short contract who he can build trust in.

This team failed him and he needs to get out, because they already showed how much trust they had in him at the beginning of the year.

The fact Boston fans turned on him while his coach put him in that situation to fail and lose money should tell him everything he needs to know.  It's not gonna get any better for him here.

I actually want them to invest in Kyrie and watch the trainwreck this team becomes after that. Karma is due for the decisions of Danny and Brad, which only people who are not fans of them can see.

This might truly be one of the dumbest things I've read here so far this month.

The Celtics failed Terry? LOL. If Terry played his role and played smart, team basketball we'd probably finish with 50+ wins this season and have a better regular season overall. 

If you don't like Kyrie and think he's overrated, that's fine, but if you're saying we're much better off with Rozier long term on a big contract, then L.O.L.

And I stand behind my statement.  Brad fails every player on the team, so it ain't that dumb. Kyrie is not overrated, he's just selfish as hell for a point guard and can't stop anyone just like IT, but somehow because he looks busy on that end people want to put him on the all-defensive team.  Whatever

Didn't these fools just win and yall still on Terry? Sooner or later they will be bounced outta here though.

I'll be back :)

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 03:55:59 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
whatever team he is on next year ...he ll score 50 on the Celtics .

If they let Booker get 70, they'll let him do it.

I still maintain that it's in Terry's best interest to find a team for a short contract who he can build trust in.

This team failed him and he needs to get out, because they already showed how much trust they had in him at the beginning of the year.

The fact Boston fans turned on him while his coach put him in that situation to fail and lose money should tell him everything he needs to know.  It's not gonna get any better for him here.

I actually want them to invest in Kyrie and watch the trainwreck this team becomes after that. Karma is due for the decisions of Danny and Brad, which only people who are not fans of them can see.

This might truly be one of the dumbest things I've read here so far this month.

The Celtics failed Terry? LOL. If Terry played his role and played smart, team basketball we'd probably finish with 50+ wins this season and have a better regular season overall. 

If you don't like Kyrie and think he's overrated, that's fine, but if you're saying we're much better off with Rozier long term on a big contract, then L.O.L.

And I stand behind my statement.  Brad fails every player on the team, so it ain't that dumb. Kyrie is not overrated, he's just selfish as hell for a point guard and can't stop anyone just like IT, but somehow because he looks busy on that end people want to put him on the all-defensive team.  Whatever

Didn't these fools just win and yall still on Terry? Sooner or later they will be bounced outta here though.

I'll be back :)

Please don't.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 04:02:54 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Nah, I will...and it'll be glorious

And go watch some real points from the past to see why I don't care for Kyrie's game.  Like Rod strickland for instance.

You guys and your delusional "modern nba"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 04:09:43 PM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2019, 05:24:46 PM »

Offline green2k16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Yeah, increased usage/minutes for him is a bad thing for the team, overall.

I do believe there's a chance he catches fire at some point. But I don't believe it's worth the risk. Terry going volume-scorer and chucking can do a lot of damage to the team, and I think we'd be fine if he didn't shoot much at all.

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2019, 05:48:03 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

imo there seem to be no reason we shouldn't have.

i assume danny knows of a s&t that is wanted at seasons end, perhaps nop really want him...

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2019, 08:09:47 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Terry is Terry's own worst enemy. Another NBA player that is so taken with himself that he forgets this is a team sport and not the "Scary" Terry Rozier TV show.
After last years playoffs, too many of our young players proceed like they were finished products in need of just the "finishing touches" instead of long hours of hard work.   

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Ainge really should have traded Terry at the deadline.  A 2nd round pick and a $5mil or so deadweight contract with 1 year left on it would have been really helpful in a potential trade for Davis (realistically that's all Terry was worth anyways).

I just don't see an S&T happening, which means Ainge will almost assuredly have to give up two of Tatum/Smart/Brown.  I'm not thrilled about that.

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2019, 10:42:47 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Terry doesn't square up when he shoots threes.

All of the Celtics need to watch video of Ray Allen shooting threes.