Author Topic: Nets (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) Preseason Game #2 12/18/20  (Read 40135 times)

Re: Nets (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) Preseason Game #2 12/18/20
« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2020, 08:57:38 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Nesmith should just retire after getting posterized like that lol

« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2020, 08:57:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
By the way, how many teams are going to allow Kyrie to burn Sage on their court?

« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2020, 08:57:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Does anyone still want to argue that the Cs are the fifth ranked team in the East?

Nope. 2nd  ;)

People do have to realize that we look bad right now, but we are also missing several crucial pieces and potentially two starters, all while integrating several new pieces.

Don’t you feel like you’re saying that every year? Just let it go man, the Celtics are not really good. We have overrated them to death.

I mean, we literally have been missing significant pieces virtually every year lol It's not like this isn't a valid excuse; we've literally been missing major pieces for big portions of the past three to four years that has terribly affected our game and level of play.

And you're missing an All-Star Starter point guard and what may likely end up being our starting center. That's significant, especially given that Kemba is probably our best playmaker.

« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2020, 08:58:10 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Getting dismantled by the Nets  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kemba ain’t no better than brown and Tatum. Him coming back not fixing this lol. These boys ARENT GOOD LIKE THAT! They flat out been getting exposed since the playoffs. I’m completely on the ledge.
Lol. You really are on the ledge. Nobody is saying Kemba is better than those two.

He is, however, better than everyone else. Which means less minutes for scrubs like Ojeleye.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2020, 08:59:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tatum: I need to be a better facilitator

But instead shoots with a hand in his face. And tries to score against 2 or 3 guys underneath the basket

come on

« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2020, 09:00:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Brown and Tatum need to actually do something if we want to win. No more mercy, they need to play like centerpieces of an offense.

they are not ready... you are paying them to grow into men. Pritchard is more developed than these two.
What are you on about?

Fans should measure their expectations the kids are not ready.. are you really disputing this?
I was disputing the fact that a 22 year-old rookie who hasn't played a legitimate NBA game is more developed than a 22 year-old All-NBA player and a 23 year-old near All-Star. That's a legitimately ludicrous thing to say

NO, because PP's played four years in college and actually grew and developed his game ..he probably put in more work to get where he is than those two. I stand by my post.

« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2020, 09:00:30 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Glad to see brown is just as rough looking as two years ago ::)

« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2020, 09:00:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Brown and Tatum need to actually do something if we want to win. No more mercy, they need to play like centerpieces of an offense.

they are not ready... you are paying them to grow into men. Pritchard is more developed than these two.
What are you on about?

Fans should measure their expectations the kids are not ready.. are you really disputing this?
I was disputing the fact that a 22 year-old rookie who hasn't played a legitimate NBA game is more developed than a 22 year-old All-NBA player and a 23 year-old near All-Star. That's a legitimately ludicrous thing to say

NO, because PP's played foour years in college and actually grew and developed his game ..he probably put in more work to get where he is than those two. I stand by my post.
Whether or not you stand by it is totally meaningless. It's a ridiculous thing to say. Four years of college is superior to four years in the NBA...? Insanity
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2020, 09:01:08 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
I am very disappointed in brad right now. This team is nowhere near prepared to compete

Training camp started what? Two weeks ago.  And this is still just a meaningless preseason game.
I'd be less concerned if meaningful games weren't less than a week away

I suspect the first few weeks will look a bit like normal preseason games.  And that’s ok.

How is it that Brooklyn, with new players and a new coach, look so much better than a Celtic team with coaches and players who have been together for a few seasons now ? Must be the head coaching combo of Nash/Irving/Durant.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2020, 09:01:31 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Tatum is such a slow starter.
...takes him forever to heat up.

« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2020, 09:01:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Kemba ain’t no better than brown and Tatum. Him coming back not fixing this lol. These boys ARENT GOOD LIKE THAT! They flat out been getting exposed since the playoffs. I’m completely on the ledge.

The difference is that Kemba forces defenses to be honest, they can’t just focus on Tatum and brown. Kemba along with Hayward was our best at drive and kick which forced defenses to commit and left players like Tatum and brown open. There’s nobody doing that now so defenders can just sit on those two.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2020, 09:02:13 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Does anyone still want to argue that the Cs are the fifth ranked team in the East?

Nope. 2nd  ;)

People do have to realize that we look bad right now, but we are also missing several crucial pieces and potentially two starters, all while integrating several new pieces.

Don’t you feel like you’re saying that every year? Just let it go man, the Celtics are not really good. We have overrated them to death.

I mean, we literally have been missing significant pieces virtually every year lol It's not like this isn't a valid excuse; we've literally been missing major pieces for big portions of the past three to four years that has terribly affected our game and level of play.

And you're missing an All-Star Starter point guard and what may likely end up being our starting center. That's significant, especially given that Kemba is probably our best playmaker.

He’s not a better playmaker than Smart... Kemba isn’t an amazing playmaker, he is a scorer. Kemba is not saving this team he is just as mediocre as the rest of the starting core. 

Kyrie was a bad fit mainly because he was by far more talented than anyone on the roster. Kyrie is an actual superstar, Tatum is not and Kemba DEFINITELY is not.

« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2020, 09:02:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I am very disappointed in brad right now. This team is nowhere near prepared to compete

Training camp started what? Two weeks ago.  And this is still just a meaningless preseason game.
I'd be less concerned if meaningful games weren't less than a week away

I suspect the first few weeks will look a bit like normal preseason games.  And that’s ok.

How is it that Brooklyn, with new players and a new coach, look so much better than a Celtic team with coaches and players who have been together for a few seasons now ? Must be the head coaching combo of Nash/Irving/Durant.

KD is that type of talent

He can score whenever he wants. Gives his team confidence

Ever since he won a championship he plays with 10x more confidence

« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2020, 09:02:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

What are you on about?

NO, because PP's played foour years in college and actually grew and developed his game ..he probably put in more work to get where he is than those two. I stand by my post.
Whether or not you stand by it is totally meaningless. It's a ridiculous thing to say. Four years of college is superior to four years in the NBA...? Insanity

your continual excuses for underperformace of the team is the real insanity.. and as a mod you should really watch your tone.