2 (3.7%)
Celtics in 5
23 (42.6%)
Celtics in 6
23 (42.6%)
Celtics in 7
3 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Poll: Pacers vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 1932 times)

Larry for 3, liam, Roy H., Fafnir, DefenseWinsChamps, Moranis and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Poll: Pacers vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 10:45:24 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Celtics in 7. I think we’ll play down to their level as we’ve done in the past, and we’ll blow them out in game 7 with Pingis back.

X factor Tingis Pingis.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #31 on: Today at 12:54:33 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 133
Celics in 6. 

When they are hot the Pacers can really go off, and this Celtics team is great defensively when they want to be but they aren't consistent. 

I think there will be a couple of games (like game to vs miami and game 2 vs cleveland) where they seem to make everything and we cant buy a basket.  So for that reason I'm guessing we lose 2 games along the way and finish up taking the series 4-2.

I also think their big lineup of Turner and Siakam will probably give us a bit of trouble at times. 

This assumes no Porzingis though - if KP comes back in game 3 then im calling Celtics in 5.

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:10:21 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Lol. Wow, now I'm really interested in knowing which 3 members chose Pacers in 6 lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: Today at 02:15:35 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943
Lol. Wow, now I'm really interested in knowing which 3 members chose Pacers in 6 lol

I had actually thought about picking Indy in 6 (Instead, I went Cs in 6.). Here was my thought process: After screwing up Game 2 against Miami, the Celtics put their foot down. Not so much the case against Cleveland, where every Cavs injury seemed to provoke an increasingly lackadaisical response from the Celtics. Indy is young and hungry and, as far as I can tell, healthy. The Celtics are playing like they consider the finals their birthright. Indy can get hot fast, and it only takes a couple of those, combined with a few of the Celtics performances that drive us crazy for Indy to take it.

And there is certainly a non-zero chance that the above happens. But is it the most likely scenario? No. We played pretty sadly for long stretches in a few games, but we ended up winning. Like it or not, that’s just the team we have: No matter how hard it looks like they are trying to lose, they somehow seem to pull through.

So yes, I can create a pessimistic scenario where Indy wins in six. It just doesn’t feel like the most likely one.

« Reply #34 on: Today at 02:29:44 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 744

i am not predicting anything

boston is a bi polar team

could sweep in 4 or could go 7

This is the most accurate prediction so far.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:18:09 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

I had actually thought about picking Indy in 6 (Instead, I went Cs in 6.). Here was my thought process: After screwing up Game 2 against Miami, the Celtics put their foot down. Not so much the case against Cleveland, where every Cavs injury seemed to provoke an increasingly lackadaisical response from the Celtics. Indy is young and hungry and, as far as I can tell, healthy. The Celtics are playing like they consider the finals their birthright. Indy can get hot fast, and it only takes a couple of those, combined with a few of the Celtics performances that drive us crazy for Indy to take it.

And there is certainly a non-zero chance that the above happens. But is it the most likely scenario? No. We played pretty sadly for long stretches in a few games, but we ended up winning. Like it or not, that’s just the team we have: No matter how hard it looks like they are trying to lose, they somehow seem to pull through.

So yes, I can create a pessimistic scenario where Indy wins in six. It just doesn’t feel like the most likely one.

True. C's will somehow look like they pull through each win. I have them in 7. It's the psychological factor that will be something to watch out for. I have no doubt the C's lineup is more talented than the Pacers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #36 on: Today at 05:56:20 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188

I like the Celtics in 6/7 but the overconfidence from most is baffling. The pacers are better then there record indicates(dealt with injuries all year/didn’t add siakam until later) and have been a tough matchup for us, they beat us in the in season tournament no?
Celtics will play with their food and let the pacers in this series, id be shocked otherwise.

« Reply #37 on: Today at 06:52:08 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402
I'm going with Cs in 6. If they play at their best they should be able to take care of business. The issue is that these playoffs they have rarely played at their best; but they have played well enough to win by 4-1 each series. Each game has not been impressive because by their regular season standards we are expecting them to win by 30 each game which just isn't realistic. But if they win by 10 we think they're playing trash  :police:

Indiana are a similar team to us offensively in many ways, one day they can catch fire from 3 and it's hard to beat them, but they can look terrible defensively. They did shoot 40% overall from 3 against NY, a series that the home team won in every game except the last one. So they can certainly beat us in a game or two if we are not at our best defensively and that will probably happen. I'm expecting a Game 2 loss because this team always lets go of the rope after Game 1. But I think we can defend the perimeter better than NY can against them and I would be surprised if they shot 40% from 3 against us all series. If we're focused defensively and we don't take possessions off even if we shoot 30% from 3 I think we should still win. But I'm not expecting a procession or 30 point thrashings in each game, that only happens when we shoot 50% from 3 and the other team shoots 25% or less. I'm expecting a tightly contested game each game, which might disappoint some people and will certainly lead to a lot of angst in the game threads  :laugh:

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #38 on: Today at 06:54:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402

I like the Celtics in 6/7 but the overconfidence from most is baffling. The pacers are better then there record indicates(dealt with injuries all year/didn’t add siakam until later) and have been a tough matchup for us, they beat us in the in season tournament no?
Celtics will play with their food and let the pacers in this series, id be shocked otherwise.

Who's the overconfidence from? The people who are saying Cs in 5? I'm not sure if those people who voted also commented but I feel a lot of the comments are actually the opposite...people worried that the Pacers will catch fire.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #39 on: Today at 07:02:37 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188

Who's the overconfidence from? The people who are saying Cs in 5? I'm not sure if those people who voted also commented but I feel a lot of the comments are actually the opposite...people worried that the Pacers will catch fire.

44% of the votes are Celtics in 5. Don’t get it and that’s just overlooking this pacers team completely. They’re better then the jimmy butler less heat and the cavs without Mitchell.

« Reply #40 on: Today at 09:38:28 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I see the C's doing just what the C's do, not holding home court initially.

Games 1-2: Split - Series 1-1
Games 2-4: Split - Series 2-2
Game 5:  C's - Series 3-2
Game 6:  C's - Series 4-2
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #41 on: Today at 10:01:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

44% of the votes are Celtics in 5. Don’t get it and that’s just overlooking this pacers team completely. They’re better then the jimmy butler less heat and the cavs without Mitchell.

At the same time, they barely got by the Bucks without Giannis (and Lillard at times), and squeaked by a Knicks team that was decimated by injury.  They can get hot, but their baseline in the playoffs hasn't been that great. 

They've got a very good offense, and almost equally as bad of a defense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: Today at 10:02:26 AM »

Online Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • Believe in Boston

The dis respect for the Pacers is baffling. Just like last year, fans will find out pretty quick. Pacers aren’t afraid of any 1. Epically the way they played us during the season. I don’t get it either.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #43 on: Today at 10:10:25 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be

The dis respect for the Pacers is baffling. Just like last year, fans will find out pretty quick. Pacers aren’t afraid of any 1. Epically the way they played us during the season. I don’t get it either.

You think the Celtics are afraid of anyone?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #44 on: Today at 10:19:05 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm not that worried about how we played them in the regular season.  We beat them 3-2 (including a 50 point win), and one of the losses was by 2 points in a game without Tatum or Hauser.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes