Author Topic: Warriors (28-28) at Celtics (30-26) Game #57 4/17/21  (Read 37468 times)

Re: Warriors (28-28) at Celtics (30-26) Game #57 4/17/21
« Reply #690 on: April 18, 2021, 12:54:09 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Let's give some respect for Juan Toscano Anderson for literally knocking himself out diving into the scorers table for the loose ball late in the 4th. That was nuts.

The Warriors really need to do him a solid and convert his 2-way contract.  They have the open roster spot, and he’s literally giving all he has.

« Reply #691 on: April 18, 2021, 12:55:52 AM »

Kiorrik

Let's give some respect for Juan Toscano Anderson for literally knocking himself out diving into the scorers table for the loose ball late in the 4th. That was nuts.
TP or two for Juan for sure - holy carp. Talk about putting your body on the line hey?

Also, that was hella scary. Just how he was lying there what seemed like writhing in pain. Ooft.

Been a crazy week with injuries man. Glad Steph didn't hurt himself worse as well. That ankle twist looked scuffed.

« Reply #692 on: April 18, 2021, 01:34:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
With the Bucks losing tonight to the Grizzlies, we're now only 4.5 games out of the 3rd seed.

I don't think it really matters all that much between getting the 3 seed and the 4 or 5 seed. First-round opponents are still all over the place. Second-round opponents will basically be between Philly and Brooklyn barring no upsets. Boston will just have to ride it out, play their best games, and hope for the best.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #693 on: April 18, 2021, 01:42:34 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Jay King @ByJayKing

Brad Stevens suggesting it’s not rocket science why the Celtics have played better lately: “Well again, I think the number one reason for our little run here is we've been, for the most part, healthier.”

This will be a revelation to many here.

« Reply #694 on: April 18, 2021, 02:00:00 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Jay King @ByJayKing

Brad Stevens suggesting it’s not rocket science why the Celtics have played better lately: “Well again, I think the number one reason for our little run here is we've been, for the most part, healthier.”

That's Brad's #1 priority, ahead of seeding or anything else. I think he could care less if we were the 6th seed as long as we entered the playoffs fully healthy.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #695 on: April 18, 2021, 06:31:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
sounded like phun game .  The bed was calling me  5 am comes early .

I see Kemba played a lot of minutes .  Hope he will be able to walk today .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:45:41 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #696 on: April 18, 2021, 07:51:30 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Curry is amazing. The shots this guy makes are ridiculous and his release is so quick. Literally un guardable. its too bad Thompson got injured this year because they would still be a top team in the west.

I hope this is the kemba we get rest of the way. he was a great compliment to Tatum

« Reply #697 on: April 18, 2021, 09:34:27 AM »

Kiorrik

Curry is amazing. The shots this guy makes are ridiculous and his release is so quick. Literally un guardable. its too bad Thompson got injured this year because they would still be a top team in the west.

I hope this is the kemba we get rest of the way. he was a great compliment to Tatum

He's legit the physical incarnation of a cheat code.

Like, there's no other way to describe the shots he hits.

« Reply #698 on: April 18, 2021, 09:48:13 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Curry has built in radar assist for launching shots .   I once saw him goofing off practicing from near half court hitting shots with his eyes closed .

« Reply #699 on: April 18, 2021, 09:52:26 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Jay King @ByJayKing

Which games have they been healthy for during this winning streak? Seems like they are always missing 1-2 key players. Tonight they were missing two starters with Jaylen and Rob as well as their best bench player in Fournier. If Tatum didn’t play like a superstar and put the team on his back, this is a loss.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:00:44 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #700 on: April 18, 2021, 10:04:18 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Jay King @ByJayKing

Which games have they been healthy for during this winning streak? Seems like they are always missing 1-2 key players. Tonight they were missing two starters with Jaylen and Rob as well as their best bench player in Fournier. If Tatum didn’t play like a superstar and put the team on his back, this is a loss.

yeah, I dont get that comment from Stevens. we legit were missing 3 top guys last night and have been missing at least someone for the past week or two.

I think if anything its better defenive/offensive effort from the players. Guys are engaged on defense, and are moving the ball on offense to get better shots.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:10:41 AM by cman88 »

« Reply #701 on: April 18, 2021, 10:16:42 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Jay King @ByJayKing

He a) qualified it as “for the most part”, and more importantly b) players can be not fully healthy but still playing.  Kemba has looked much healthier the last few weeks — he’s able to penetrate again, which is huge.  Tatum has obviously had a long road back from Covid, even though he missed a minimal amount of time.  Brown’s performance took a dip in February after his injury, but has seemed to regain his explosiveness in the last month.  Smart also is now more than a month returned and likely much closer to 100%. 

All we know as fans is who sits and who doesn’t, and if we pay a little extra attention, who’s listed on injury reports.  But we don’t know how those guys are looking to the training staff, or feeling when they’re on the court.  An extra 5-10% of energy/ability makes a world of difference in games that are decided in the final minutes, which we’ve recently started to go from losing to winning.

« Reply #702 on: April 18, 2021, 10:46:04 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd like to think we have a decent bench now when we're healthy.

Smart/Timelord/Pritchard/Jabari/Langford/Kornet. Not too shabby. Getting Fournier back would also help big time as that could mean we have 4 starters on our team capable of 15+ PPG regularly.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #703 on: April 18, 2021, 10:55:38 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
I'd like to think we have a decent bench now when we're healthy.

Smart/Timelord/Pritchard/Jabari/Langford/Kornet. Not too shabby. Getting Fournier back would also help big time as that could mean we have 4 starters on our team capable of 15+ PPG regularly.

I don't think Fournier is starting over Smart, nor Thompson over TL.  And man the hatred of Grant is amazing on this site -- putting Kornet ahead of him in a crazy 6-man bench rotation?   ::)

« Reply #704 on: April 18, 2021, 10:58:15 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Jay King @ByJayKing

He a) qualified it as “for the most part”, and more importantly b) players can be not fully healthy but still playing.  Kemba has looked much healthier the last few weeks — he’s able to penetrate again, which is huge.  Tatum has obviously had a long road back from Covid, even though he missed a minimal amount of time.  Brown’s performance took a dip in February after his injury, but has seemed to regain his explosiveness in the last month.  Smart also is now more than a month returned and likely much closer to 100%. 

All we know as fans is who sits and who doesn’t, and if we pay a little extra attention, who’s listed on injury reports.  But we don’t know how those guys are looking to the training staff, or feeling when they’re on the court.  An extra 5-10% of energy/ability makes a world of difference in games that are decided in the final minutes, which we’ve recently started to go from losing to winning.

Right, but doesn’t this describe the majority of teams in the NBA? No ones completely healthy. All teams have to deal with issues caused by Covid.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.