Author Topic: Michael Jordan is a Jerk  (Read 32677 times)

Re: Michael Jordan is a Jerk
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 06:55:03 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
When I was younger I totally bought into Stern's version of Michael "Air" Jordan. So many kids buy into Stern's version of LeBron James and the Hype today.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 07:04:30 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I don't think LeBron has ever done that. In fact I haven't heard of anyone else being such a jerk.

Might I point out that our Celtics were said to be classy in the vid :)

"You can pay for school but you can't buy class"

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
When you think about it...
If you are a fan of the opposing team, you hate KG. You hate PP. No one hates Ray. Rondo, probably 50-50, because of his flashy style. Many fans of other teams think he's a punk. You hate the Honey Badger because of the D. He's a pain. Just like we hate Kobe (but I respect the fact that at least he's not trying to hide it. You also have to admire how he plays through injuries. As a basketball player he is a warrior) and the Queen (get rid of the Yes Men! Nuff said.) and so on and so forth.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Michael Jordan was a bit of a you know what for treating the guy like that, but at the same time, anybody trying to put Barkley over Jordan as some kind of model citizen by comparison, is really kidding themselves.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Then again, you can be too classy, too generous and naive and then lose all your monies like Toine.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 08:09:22 PM »

Kiorrik

Ah well, being a classless punk is what made Jordan into who he is.

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »

Offline StarzNBarz

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Very nice to hear that Ray and Paul took pictures with him.

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Greatest player ever. I've never liked him one little bit.

The Chicago Bulls/Michael Jordan bandwagon of the 90's would have to be biggest sporting bandwagon of all time and I couldn't stomach the thought of jumping on it. That was a big part of what made me choose the Boston Celtics as my team.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 11:27:58 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
When did chamillionaire become a celebrity?  The guy is a joke.
I agree.  It wasn't an event, it wasn't even in public; it was a celebrity party.  If there was ever a place where a guy could feel the slightest bit safe from pictures and autographs, that would be it.

On top of it all he didn't try to at least strike up a conversation first, or even introduce himself!  And it was HIS party...

Does he really feel that surprised and disrespected that Jordan would want to take pictures with GIRLS but not [black males]?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 02:21:00 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
When I was younger I totally bought into Stern's version of Michael "Air" Jordan. So many kids buy into Stern's version of LeBron James and the Hype today.
I fail to see how Stern presents a particular version of Lebron. Can you explain what you mean? Lebron is one of the most criticized players in the NBA despite possibly being the best.

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 02:35:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
You can find a ton of stories like this about Jordan. You can find similar ones of curmudgeonlyness about Bird, Barkley, and tons of other 'heroes'. If Bill Russell had twitter and ustream and mybook and facespace, I bet there would be stories about him too.

Theyre great men, not because they're tactful and kind men. They may also be tactful and kind, but that's not why they're heroes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 02:52:30 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Usually you don't become very good at something, perhaps the best ever, by being a nice guy.

I bet I could name more nice guys that dominated their sport than bad guys.  Ali, Orr, Gretsky, Manning, Russell... I don't think being mean is directly related to being the best.  Mike just happens to be a jerk.   

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 05:52:59 AM »

Kiorrik

You can find a ton of stories like this about Jordan. You can find similar ones of curmudgeonlyness about Bird, Barkley, and tons of other 'heroes'. If Bill Russell had twitter and ustream and mybook and facespace, I bet there would be stories about him too.

Theyre great men, not because they're tactful and kind men. They may also be tactful and kind, but that's not why they're heroes.

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 07:58:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I bet I could name more nice guys that dominated their sport than bad guys.  Ali, Orr, Gretsky, Manning, Russell... I don't think being mean is directly related to being the best.  Mike just happens to be a jerk.  

You do realize that Russ played vicious head games with people to get an edge.   Ali is the same and compared some of his opponents to animals.  Ty Cobb, was a real jerk but a great player.  Manning and Jordan publically called out team mates that underperformed.  Bobby Orr fought just like any other hockey guy you can goggled plenty of his fights.

You see the public image of these guys.  Good athletes like making other people look bad.   They like being the best.   You don't do that by being a gentleman.  Things guy like to win and dare I say dominate others.  It is the very essence of what makes them what they are.   They fear failure and abhor losing.   This is one reason that LeBron doesn't get it because I really don't think despite all his gifts he doesn't have this mentality.

Now go talk to your brother, Wally, Beav and drink a glass of milk....

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 08:05:26 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
lol dat Chamillionaire story neva gets old the comments made it funnier its plenty of stories of Jordan ignoring kids who asked for autographs, smokin weed nd cussin out people who washed his cars, nd other rude things. He doesnt even have pictures wit his sons his hall of fame speech was so arrogant i think it was Bill Simmons who said it but Nike did a great job covering his rude arrogant behavior cuz he barely talked in his commercials rofl
I've never heard about MJ smoking weed until now.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:11:47 AM by moiso »