Author Topic: Tom Brady is a traitor  (Read 13769 times)

Re: Tom Brady is a traitor
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »

Offline bleedinggreen34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'm thinking there was a whole bunch of tongue in cheek about Roy's original post. I think some people are taking this a bit too seriously.
[/quote]

Was the tongue-in-cheek really that apparent?  Seriously, a lot of NFL fans around the league think this way, and use the goat picture to - in all sincerity - mock Brady.  It was at least ignorant of the OP to stir stuff up like that.

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 10:02:03 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'm thinking there was a whole bunch of tongue in cheek about Roy's original post. I think some people are taking this a bit too seriously.

Was the tongue-in-cheek really that apparent?  Seriously, a lot of NFL fans around the league think this way, and use the goat picture to - in all sincerity - mock Brady.  It was at least ignorant of the OP to stir stuff up like that.
[/quote]

Calling Mr. Hobbs ignorant? :-X
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 10:20:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
two players at the top of their respective games.  not really a big deal.  If Celts players can hug dwight howard, why cant brady talk to Kobe?

Also Brady is from CA. 
Exactly.  Celts players hugging the guy handing out concussions to them is far worse.

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 10:29:09 AM »

Offline bleedinggreen34

• Xavier Tillman

I haven't been given a reason not to.  He's just another poster like everyone else, high post-count or not.

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 10:34:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Was the tongue-in-cheek really that apparent?  Seriously, a lot of NFL fans around the league think this way, and use the goat picture to - in all sincerity - mock Brady.  It was at least ignorant of the OP to stir stuff up like that.
I thought it was but then again I'm not someone who expects the players on my team to be treated with some sort of god-like reverence or thinks that they have to stay loyal to all things provincial regarding sports.

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 10:38:39 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I haven't been given a reason not to.  He's just another poster like everyone else, high post-count or not.
The reason is in the rules of being able to post here. Treat all people with respect. Calling someone ignorant is disrespectful and against the rules.

Respect each other at all times. There is no need for name-calling or harassment of any poster. This includes behavior in all areas of Celticsblog, including forum posts, blog comments and personal messages. While we encourage lively debate there is no reason for anyone to disrespect a fellow poster's ideas.

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »

Offline bleedinggreen34

• Xavier Tillman

Was the tongue-in-cheek really that apparent?  Seriously, a lot of NFL fans around the league think this way, and use the goat picture to - in all sincerity - mock Brady.  It was at least ignorant of the OP to stir stuff up like that.
I thought it was but then again I'm not someone who expects the players on my team to be treated with some sort of god-like reverence or thinks that they have to stay loyal to all things provincial regarding sports.

You'd have to be pretty ignorant to not realize what's going on right now re: Brady, the local media & the local fanbase.  A lot of people spout off  crap like Hobbs was and are 100% serious about it.  Considering nothing he said seemed all that sarcastic, I'm not sure how he expected it to be taken as such.

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I have to admit of all the Boston sports heroes Brady is the least Bostonish. It's kinda like he just happens to be here. Look at Paul Pierce. He's LAish too. Can you see him hanging out with the Yankees or whoever?

Cleveland has the same problem with Lebron.

I don't have to like it or accept it.

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 10:40:06 AM »

Offline bleedinggreen34

• Xavier Tillman

The reason is in the rules of being able to post here. Treat all people with respect. Calling someone ignorant is disrespectful and against the rules.

This is the internet.  Gimme a break.  I'm finding a different Celtics forum...this one has always been a little too Puritanical.
 We'll respect your decision.  Good luck finding a forum that better suits your needs.

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 10:42:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

You'd have to be pretty ignorant to not realize what's going on right now re: Brady, the local media & the local fanbase.  A lot of people spout off  crap like Hobbs was and are 100% serious about it.  Considering nothing he said seemed all that sarcastic, I'm not sure how he expected it to be taken as such.
I must be ignorant. Please explain to me what is going on with Brady and the local media.

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 10:45:19 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

This is the internet.  Gimme a break.  I'm finding a different Celtics forum...this one has always been a little too Puritanical.
So because you are on the internet you get carte blanche to be disrespectful and insult people. I wonder if you would do the same thing in real life?

I wonder if in real life if someone made a joke that obviously went way over your head if you would have the balls to go up to their face and call them ignorant? My guess is, you wouldn't.

That's what makes this place so special. Internet warrior are not welcome.

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
My guess is this is coming real soon

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:44 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I haven't been given a reason not to.  He's just another poster like everyone else, high post-count or not.

The OP was completely tongue-in-cheek and done light-heartedly, and it's pretty easy to tell. However, just because someone's a Celtics fan, doesn't mean they have to like or even follow every other New England team ... we all have the same right to like or dislike whoever we choose. We also don't call anyone names here or treat anyone else with disrespect ... I'm not lecturing or jumping you in any way, just letting you know because you're new, and may not have read the posting rules. And while you're new and would most likely have no way of knowing yet, if there is anyone in the entire CB universe that deserves the utmost of respect for not only all he does to make this place the great blog that it is, but also his kindness, honesty, fairness, character, and integrity, it's Roy Hobbs. Just a "heads-up" ... hope it helps in the future to limit similar misunderstandings. And welcome to Celtics Blog!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 10:57:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I haven't been given a reason not to.  He's just another poster like everyone else, high post-count or not.

The OP was completely tongue-in-cheek and done light-heartedly, and it's pretty easy to tell. However, just because someone's a Celtics fan, doesn't mean they have to like or even follow every other New England team ... we all have the same right to like or dislike whoever we choose. We also don't call anyone names here or treat anyone else with disrespect ... I'm not lecturing or jumping you in any way, just letting you know because you're new, and may not have read the posting rules. And while you're new and would most likely have no way of knowing yet, if there is anyone in the entire CB universe that deserves the utmost of respect for not only all he does to make this place the great blog that it is, but also his kindness, honesty, fairness, character, and integrity, it's Roy Hobbs. Just a "heads-up" ... hope it helps in the future to limit similar misunderstandings. And welcome to Celtics Blog!
Bahku, he's not new.

As a matter of fact, he's been coming here a while and I think has a history of profanity use and questioning people's intelligence and loyalties. This is nothing new.