Author Topic: Tom Brady is a traitor  (Read 13789 times)

Re: Tom Brady is a traitor
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 07:14:55 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
When has Brady ever identified with the region apart from playing on the Patriots? He isn't like Pierce.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 07:27:49 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Yeah, seems to be a double standard at work.

-as fans, we get upset when fellow fans even SAY negative things about the Celtics, let alone if they actually rooted for another team or another team's player.

-as fans, i think we'd be upset if one of us, say, got a job in Cleveland and started rooting for Lebron (assuming he resigns).

-Many athletes clearly love sports...should they uproot their and their family's sports roots and start to root for teams in other sports that are in the city in which said player now lives and plays?

-For example, Celtics are my favorite team. But what if i woke up one day and it turned out I had a 95+ fastball with movement, a drop-off the table curve with plus control and ability to throw it with two strikes and a 12mph slower changeup. Let's then say the Yankees offered me 15 million dollars and Boston offered me 10. Would i take the boston job just because i hate the yankees? Heck NO! I'd pitch for the Yankees. And i'd try my hardest when pitching against the Red Sox or any other team. However, I would NOT root for the Giants, the Jets, the Mets, or the Knicks or the Nets. I'd still hate them. And I would absolutely show up at Cetics games in the offseason and give Rondo a high-five.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 08:05:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
im just tired of how in love with himself he is at this point, and I am a big patriots fan. I usually dont like to turn on our players, but he is testing me. Get a haircut hippy! (and that statement comes from a 27 year old not an elderly man)

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
When has Brady ever identified with the region apart from playing on the Patriots? He isn't like Pierce.

co-sign

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 08:23:15 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I'll take THREE Superbowls and seeing him talk to Kobe over none and no Tom Brady.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 08:31:52 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
this is not a big deal.  what would you do if you became a pro baseball player for example.  you were drafted and made it to the bigs with the dodgers.  the c's are playing the lakers and you get to hang with some of the c's.  it's clear to me on this board that most are die hard celtic fans.  are you no longer a c's fan because you're playing in la?  no, you're a fan also.  i would have a harder time accepting if he was yucking it up with the j-e-t-s or wearing a phins hat!

relax....
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if it is disrespectful to Boston fans but it at least tells you he does'nt really care about the fans. Not like you want him to. He is not David Ortiz. That's just not in his personality. He's here to win and collect a paycheck and have fun playing football.He's not from here and he's just not a Boston guy. Never will be.
     Is it disrespectful?

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 08:51:29 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'll take THREE Superbowls and seeing him talk to Kobe over none and no Tom Brady.

Ditto.
Thank you Tom! 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
this is not a big deal.  what would you do if you became a pro baseball player for example.  you were drafted and made it to the bigs with the dodgers.  the c's are playing the lakers and you get to hang with some of the c's.  it's clear to me on this board that most are die hard celtic fans.  are you no longer a c's fan because you're playing in la?  no, you're a fan also.  i would have a harder time accepting if he was yucking it up with the j-e-t-s or wearing a phins hat!

relax....

He went to a bbq at rex ryans house last week.

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if it is disrespectful to Boston fans but it at least tells you he does'nt really care about the fans. Not like you want him to. He is not David Ortiz. That's just not in his personality. He's here to win and collect a paycheck and have fun playing football.He's not from here and he's just not a Boston guy. Never will be.
     Is it disrespectful?

Last year after a Sox game Papi as wearing a Lakers hat.  It's no big deal, they don't have to be fans of the other teams in the area and can be friends with players on other cities teams.

They just have to win, and be good people, that is all I care about.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »

Offline bleedinggreen34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Oh my god, one professional athlete talking to another professional athlete after a game?!?!  It's unthinkable.  ::)

Seriously, if Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are friends and text-message buddies, and if Doc Rivers, Paul Pierce, etc. likewise shake hands and do a little small talk with the opposing team post-games - why would we get upset when Brady says hi to Kobe.

People really need to get a life and realize that these guys are professional athletes and that they do not share the same irrational, simplistic and superficial view of opposing city athletes that we, as fans, do.  Athletes aren't fanboys like we are - and even if they were, wouldn't Brady be prone to root for a Cali team, where he grew up??

The only "traitor" here would be a guy from New England ripping on a NE athlete with a child-like point of view, when apparently he's secretly a Colts fan.  Makes me question the sincerity of his Celtic allegiance.  Maybe if the Pats were coming off a SB victory, this wouldn't have been posted.

Personal attacks and attacking a member's fanhood are not permitted, even when made against the staff.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:13:09 AM by Roy Hobbs »

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The only "traitor" here would be a guy from New England ripping on a NE athlete with a child-like point of view, when apparently he's secretly a Colts fan.  Makes me question the sincerity of his Celtic allegiance.  Maybe if the Pats were coming off a SB victory, this wouldn't have been posted.

At least you read the entire thread before making personal attacks against me, huh?   ::)

The thread was tongue-in-cheek / gentle tweeking (did you see the picture of Brady with goat?), and for the record, I'm a Bears fan.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 09:13:12 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Oh my god, one professional athlete talking to another professional athlete after a game?!?!  It's unthinkable.  ::)

Seriously, if Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are friends and text-message buddies, and if Doc Rivers, Paul Pierce, etc. likewise shake hands and do a little small talk with the opposing team post-games - why would we get upset when Brady says hi to Kobe.

People really need to get a life and realize that these guys are professional athletes and that they do not share the same irrational, simplistic and superficial view of opposing city athletes that we, as fans, do.  Athletes aren't fanboys like we are - and even if they were, wouldn't Brady be prone to root for a Cali team, where he grew up??

The only "traitor" here would be a guy from New England ripping on a NE athlete with a child-like point of view, when apparently he's secretly a Colts fan.  Makes me question the sincerity of his Celtic allegiance.  Maybe if the Pats were coming off a SB victory, this wouldn't have been posted.
I'm thinking there was a whole bunch of tongue in cheek about Roy's original post. I think some people are taking this a bit too seriously.

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 09:30:49 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
For everyone overreacting to this thread I thought it was pretty lighthearted.

BUT...Roy Tom Brady's loyalty to his hometown reminds me of another sports legend....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZAUpCoTHk&feature=PlayList&p=BC9E1C9E5BFA0AD5&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=31

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »

Offline bleedinggreen34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

At least you read the entire thread before making personal attacks against me, huh?   ::)

The thread was tongue-in-cheek / gentle tweeking (did you see the picture of Brady with goat?), and for the record, I'm a Bears fan.

Unfortunately, your attempt at tongue-in-cheek didn't exactly come through...probably b/c of the number of numb-skulls out there that actually share the opinion you were presenting.