Author Topic: Bill Walkers 21 pt game vs Cavs( Video) Update: Walker scores 22 vs Det  (Read 20492 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTXPRiS56I&feature=player_embedded

This kid seems to have a very good mid range game( which could have helped the C's), he can also slash to the hoop and hit an occasional 3. He has such a more well rounded offensive game than TA. I really hope Danny is able to bring him back this summer, because he is going to be a pretty solid player in my opinion. Not just saying that from these highlights either, I saw him play a few games in the NBDL ( I know its not the NBA) the kid can really score the ball.

He just needs to pick up his defense, not saying Billy is anywhere close to Ray or PP as a player, but it took those guys many years to commit to defense.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:22:43 PM by rondohondo »

Re: Highlights of Bill Walkers 21 pt game ( Video)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:15:14 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I have a problem with a highlight video of a guy in a game where he got blown out.   ::)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:17:36 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Blowout or not that was pretty impressive. If he consistently does that for the rest of the season for the Knicks, I would love to sign him back here.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:18:19 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I have a problem with a highlight video of a guy in a game where he got blown out.   ::)

I understand, but it still shows that he has ability.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:39:25 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Why would Walker come back here, when Doc clearly did not think he was worthy of any minutes on a team that has been playing under .500 since the first two month of the season? If I were Walker, Boston is the last team I would want to sign with. We had our chance.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »

Offline Celtsman

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Agreed Doc's continuing mission to make these guy's "Earn minutes" while handing out minutes to Rasheed, TA, and BBD has to have soured him a bit.  Doc just refuses to let anyone that was young play.  You would think watching Hickson and Courtney Lee contriin their rookie years the last two seasons would have made him realize that young guys can actually contribute if you let them play.
Where "HOLY S**T WE JUST GOT GARNETT!!!" Happens.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I doubt he would sign with us unless we guaranteed him playing time. He will have to sign for the vet min if we sign him so it won't be because of money. I would say him returning to green is unlikely in my opinion.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 12:03:58 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Yeah, he did some impressive things in that video.

I think the Knicks will pick up the team option on both Giddens and Walker. It's cheap money and their going to need to fill out their roster somehow.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Why would Walker come back here, when Doc clearly did not think he was worthy of any minutes on a team that has been playing under .500 since the first two month of the season? If I were Walker, Boston is the last team I would want to sign with. We had our chance.

We had our chance?  O god.  If Tony Allen was on the Knicks he would probably be scoring 20 a game too. 

I see what you're saying about him not wanting to come back here (if he had a choice).

But seriously.....  we had our chance?
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 12:24:37 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
gerald green once scored 33 points in a game, and he as we know is a true superstar!!!  ::)

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 12:55:21 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
gerald green once scored 33 points in a game, and he as we know is a true superstar!!!  ::)
But he can blow out a candle before dunking!   ;)

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
But he can blow out a candle before dunking!   ;)

jesus, i dont know how i could forget such an important event  ;D.. why in the hell did we ever get rid of him??

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 01:01:51 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Point taken. That showed Gerald had the ability to be a good player. Something I think Bill showed in this game as well.

What we soon found out about Gerald was that he was very immature and lacked the necessary work ethic to become a player.

From everything I have heard, Bill Walker is a worker. I wouldnt bet agianst this guy becoming a good player in this league. That's not to say I wanted him to stay this year because he is not ready. I wouldnt mind signing him back though if he continues to produce in NY. Maybe next year he would be ready to contribute.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think Bill Walker could be a decent NBA player.  However, it was not going to happen this year, on this team.  He is still a bit too spastic for a team like the C's. 

It was tough to see him go, but if that was what NY wanted in return for Robinson (the fact that he almost immediately was in the rotation tells me he was more than just a throw-in), then it was worth it for a team trying to win right now.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 01:26:43 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Yeah, he did some impressive things in that video.

I think the Knicks will pick up the team option on both Giddens and Walker. It's cheap money and their going to need to fill out their roster somehow.

The Celtics didn't pick up Giddens' 3rd year option, so NYK can't go back and pick it up... it's gone.

Walker, yes they will 100% pick up his option since he's a vet min. guy (based on the 4 year deal we signed him to originally) who will already understands the system.

I think Walker can probably be a good 7th man on a good team (or borderline starter on a terrible team) -- time will tell if he's able to make the shift to role player in the NBA.

I wish him and Giddens the best.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!