Poll

Would You Want To Add Lebron After 2018?

Yes. We Can Contend For Banner 18 And More!
19 (32.2%)
No. I NEVER Want Lebron On This Team.
31 (52.5%)
Bad Poll. NO WAY He's Leaving Cleveland And/Or It's A Given He's Heading Out West
9 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Poll: Would You Entertain Adding Lebron In Summer Of 2018?  (Read 8145 times)

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I voted "no" and I've actually become more of a fan over the years.  Lebron's greatness as a basketball player is undeniable; he's been the best for close to a decade.  The older he gets, the more he seems to handle his superstardom with charisma, grace, and likeability.

That said, I like rooting against him.  I like rooting for "beating Lebron."  I've been doing it for a long time, and I don't feel like stopping now.  Having him join us would be weird and gross in my sports universe.

He is only human, and despite showing no real visible signs of it, he is getting older.  I look forward to the day when our rising stars lay a whooping on the ageing King.  Coming soon.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Reading these comments and seeing all these folks saying They would Give up the pieces for a Chip.. Not a finals Appearance but a chip.  Like not just get there but to win it all.. The confetti an all that jazz.. The Parade..  right..

So with that in mind I am thinking why in the world would anybody want this guy on the team if They wanted Chips.. He doesn't Win Chips  - He LOSES Chips..  They want to Put him on the Mountain as the man who has shown up and lost more finals than any other Man (worth talking about)

This mans Record indicates that He ruins you front office, he is a super Diva and HE LOSES them Twice more than he wins them..

This is not Jordan or Even Kobe - this is Lebron..  IS he an outstanding player yes.. The best of his generation, yes.  Does he guarantee you a chip..  Heck no..  and He would be older after next year...

NO. 
(oh and on top of that he sucks to root for)

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I doubt he would come to Boston but I would love to have him obviously. I think Irving and Love would be a far more likely target though and both would likely be available if James leaves (and they are still in Cleveland).

When the going gets tough LeBron switches teams.   He is a fantastic productive player but I don't think he has an ounce of Celtic Pride in his body.   I would never want him on the C's and besides he is a crack shoot in terms of winning finals.   He is going down in history as the Jordan of the Jerry Wests of the league.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-10-greatest-players-with-as-many-finals-appearances-as-lebron-james/

Most losses in NBA championships as a player:
W-L record -- Player name -- Championship year (* = won)
0-8 -- Elgin Baylor -- 59, 62, 63, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70
1-8 -- Jerry West -- 62, 63, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 72*, 73
0-5 -- Larry Foust -- 55, 56, 59, 60, 61
3-5 -- LeBron James -- 07, 11, 12*, 13*, 14, 15, 16*, 17
0-4 -- Max Zaslofsky -- 47, 51, 52, 55
0-4 -- Rudy LaRusso -- 62, 63, 65, 66
0-4 -- Steve Mix -- 77, 80, 82, 83
1-4 -- Keith Erickson -- 69, 70, 72*, 73, 76
2-4 -- Wilt Chamberlain -- 64, 67*, 69, 70, 72*, 73
2-4 -- Mel Counts -- 65*, 66*, 68, 69, 70, 73
2-4 -- Danny Ainge -- 84*, 85, 86*, 87, 92, 93
3-4 -- James Jones -- 11, 12*, 13*, 14, 15, 16*, 17
5-4 -- Magic Johnson -- 80*, 82*, 83, 84, 85*, 87*, 88*, 89, 91
6-4 -- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar -- 71*, 74, 80*, 82*, 83, 84, 85*, 87*, 88*, 89

https://www.quora.com/Who-has-lost-the-most-NBA-Finals

Still a great player but he is at the point where his career has only to go downhill given his age.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Well.. since there is another thread pretty much asking... vote!  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Bump.  ;)

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
More wings!!

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
More wings!!

More like a 1-5. (All positionless; All versatile!)

Perfect for Brad's system!  :laugh:

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Every day and TWICE on Sundays.

Of course adding the best player in the NBA to this roster - especially with The Haymaker and IT here - would be EPIC.

Forget the particulars about salaries and all that, lol.

If Lebron James fails in CLE next season to beat US or GSW and if he thought that BOSTON would give him his best shot at dethroning GSW we'd be foolish to turn him away.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Every day and TWICE on Sundays.

Of course adding the best player in the NBA to this roster - especially with The Haymaker and IT here - would be EPIC.

Forget the particulars about salaries and all that, lol.

If Lebron James fails in CLE next season to beat US or GSW and if he thought that BOSTON would give him his best shot at dethroning GSW we'd be foolish to turn him away.

Not just that, we provide him the easiest route to the Finals.

Cavs are sinking, West is STACKED even besides Golden State.

Maybe he considers Sixers or Bucks? But Boston is best built for him lol.

Houston is another option but I mean.. if they actually add Melo, Lebron would literally have to take an exception to play with them, and honestly that team's defense is a lot worse than Boston's. But it gives them a great chance too.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
No. He wants the max. He is on the wrong side of 30 and his game will not age well. He can't even win more than a game against Durant and curry anymore. He has lost so many times in the finals

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
No. He wants the max. He is on the wrong side of 30 and his game will not age well. He can't even win more than a game against Durant and curry anymore.

Well if he wants max his options are real limited unless he's fine joining a Brooklyn Nets (GOD NO!) or another bad, rebuilding team with lots of cap space.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Yes, absolutely. I root against Lebron as hard as anybody, but you absolutely have to try and nab him if you can.

However, if we get him it'll have to be through a trade NOW rather than next summer, given that we'll have no room to add him. And I think a deal could be done.

Lebron is smart. He knows he should stay in the East, and he fills a need for us at the PF position, which I think he should primarily be playing the rest of his career.

Danny needs to talk to his people and try and get him here. I think Lebron would welcome playing here under Brad and staying in the East. And I think they'd ultimately do it, too, because does anyone here really think he's staying next summer anyways? The people that I've talked to in Cleveland all think he's already a goner.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Yes, absolutely. I root against Lebron as hard as anybody, but you absolutely have to try and nab him if you can.

However, if we get him it'll have to be through a trade NOW rather than next summer, given that we'll have no room to add him. And I think a deal could be done.

Lebron is smart. He knows he should stay in the East, and he fills a need for us at the PF position, which I think he should primarily be playing the rest of his career.

Danny needs to talk to his people and try and get him here. I think Lebron would welcome playing here under Brad and staying in the East. And I think they'd ultimately do it, too, because does anyone here really think he's staying next summer anyways? The people that I've talked to in Cleveland all think he's already a goner.

Depends on what the trade pieces would be  ???

That's a BIG factor.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
If you're Ainge,  you have to at least make a call to Cleveland. I mean, it sounds like the ship is sinking over there.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
If you're Ainge,  you have to at least make a call to Cleveland. I mean, it sounds like the ship is sinking over there.

So basically, Ainge calls GM Lebron asking if he or Kyrie wants to come to Boston?  :laugh: