Author Topic: What Daniels does to our bench players  (Read 12382 times)

Re: What Daniels does to our bench players
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 08:47:35 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 714
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i could live with this second unit to see how it runs:

house at PG

giddens at SG

Sheed at C

baby at PF

Daniels at the SF

and if they can move tony and gabe for a legit PG or one more big..i am all for it...what to do with billy walker? let him be the third SF?

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 08:50:59 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

house at PG

giddens at SG

Sheed at C

baby at PF

Daniels at the SF

and if they can move tony and gabe for a legit PG or one more big..i am all for it...what to do with billy walker? let him be the third SF?

If the Celtic resign Baby, still have Scali and possibly the Ainge man crush Swift, I don't think they are going to need another big man unless a major injury happens again.

I think PG is the only main need.  A pure shooting swingman would be a nice pickup as well for situational needs.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC

house at PG

giddens at SG

Sheed at C

baby at PF

Daniels at the SF

If the Celtic resign Baby, still have Scali and possibly the Ainge man crush Swift, I don't think they are going to need another big man unless a major injury happens again.

I think PG is the only main need.  A pure shooting swingman would be a nice pickup as well for situational needs.

i wish danny could go get joe smith on the cheap...which he might if scal gets shipped out

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

house at PG

giddens at SG

Sheed at C

baby at PF

Daniels at the SF

i wish danny could go get joe smith on the cheap...which he might if scal gets shipped out

If Scali gets shipped, that changes things. 

But if not, I am perfectly happy with him being the 5th big man/12th man on active roster.  He is a good bench player as long as he is limited in the number of minutes he plays.

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
What Daniels does is provide energy and hard-nosed paints in the point.  He provides versatility that allows the rest of the bench to be used to the best of their ability.  Doc can now work match-ups a little better than before.  

This is an awesome pick-up and I am very excited.  At this point, I would match any offer for BBD and feel VERY VERY confident going into the year.  two more vet min's and we fans will have a real team to watch.

Go Celts!
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820

house at PG

giddens at SG

Sheed at C

baby at PF

Daniels at the SF

But if not, I am perfectly happy with him being the 5th big man/12th man on active roster.  He is a good bench player as long as he is limited in the number of minutes he plays.

Rather than minutes he plays, limiting the role he plays. I don't want him sniffing SF minutes for example.

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 09:15:51 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

house at PG

giddens at SG

Sheed at C

baby at PF

Daniels at the SF

Rather than minutes he plays, limiting the role he plays. I don't want him sniffing SF minutes for example.

It all depends on the matchup out there.  If Miami has Beasly playing SF, I would have no problem with Scali defending him for a short period.

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 09:29:52 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I wonder if we'll have to  bite the bullet and Lugo Tony Allen (yes Lugo is a verb now) is he even tradeable? He is an expiring contract, but you'd think if they could have moved him, it would have been on draft night... he's clearly expendable now

I'd like to keep Scal - serves as a great role model for the younger guys still here, won't complain if he doesn't play a minute and is a serviceable emergency guy

key 1 to finishing this offseason is resigning Baby

key 2 is finding an emergency vet pg like Scal, someone who's here to win, doesn't care about minutes and fits our system.  I don't think Pruitt can or will handle the backup load; we've all seen how much better House is at the 2, and Daniels can play the point, but he's not a full time pg

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I wonder if we'll have to  bite the bullet and Lugo Tony Allen (yes Lugo is a verb now) is he even tradeable? He is an expiring contract, but you'd think if they could have moved him, it would have been on draft night... he's clearly expendable now

I'd like to keep Scal - serves as a great role model for the younger guys still here, won't complain if he doesn't play a minute and is a serviceable emergency guy

key 1 to finishing this offseason is resigning Baby

key 2 is finding an emergency vet pg like Scal, someone who's here to win, doesn't care about minutes and fits our system.  I don't think Pruitt can or will handle the backup load; we've all seen how much better House is at the 2, and Daniels can play the point, but he's not a full time pg

Only if he is still on the team after the trade deadline.

His contract is to valuable to just drop. 

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 09:37:02 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Nope.  Tony will be valuable as a trading chip, and Tony's defense is better than Daniels'.  Tony has shown he can contribute to a NBA championship.  Marquis Daniels has not.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 11:31:39 AM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
If TA's defense is better than Daniels, then I hope we don't send him to Indiana to pay for the trade. We need someone who can guard Lebron & Kobe.

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If they package Eddie up with a deal, that's going to hurt us more then help. Eddie's points ALWAYS mean the difference between a W or L and his shots usually start our leads.

Funny I see it as Eddies points are usually the difference between a narrow win, and a blowout. He's almost never the difference maker in terms of winning games and losing them.

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 12:10:02 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Tony has shown he can contribute to a NBA championship.  Marquis Daniels has not.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that is stretching it for tony.. and I still like Tony to some degree, but if we can't at least get the same defense out of MD that we got with TA I'll be surprised.

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 12:12:10 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Nope.  Tony will be valuable as a trading chip, and Tony's defense is better than Daniels'.  Tony has shown he can contribute to a NBA championship.  Marquis Daniels has not.

he has? when? tony is the one i want out of boston the most

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 12:13:54 PM »

Offline MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
If we keep Davis and just sign Daniels for the LLE, then our bench will look like this - House/TA/Daniels/Davis/Sheed. People are really underestimating TA by all this talk about just letting him go. He is not reliable enough to be our 3rd wing, but he is good enough to be our 4th wing. He was our 4th wing in 2008 when we won the championship and that was when he was playing with a huge knee brace.