Poll

After this season if it came down to it, would you choose to keep CBS or Irving?

Brad Stevens
22 (84.6%)
Kyrie Irving
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: If can only choose one to keep after this season - Stevens or Irving (poll)  (Read 9799 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When this poll 1st went up and after some time passed...

it was CBS with 44 votes and Irving with 19 votes .... If can only choose one, who to keep

I have reset the poll to zero, to see if the results would be any different after the way the season ended

Also

I still don't think these two can co exist moving forward.....some if someone thinks otherwise, I would like to hear ... how possibly

To replace? Easily Brad Stevens. Appreciate his work back when this team was in its developing/rebuilding stage. He's a perfect coach for teams in those process. But this season has signified that he can't work his way around with multiple star players.

You need a new voice in the team. Just look at Toronto and Milwaukee.

To keep? Kyrie Irving. A top 5 point guard, and is needed to contend with in the East. Pair him up with the right star player like Anthony Davis and things will be smooth. Get rid of malcontents like Terry Rozier and pick up some role players.

If this the path Celts chooses ....so be it...

But must choose a path and not bring back 2018-2019 squad

Offline zeitgeist49

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
I'm not a big fan of Stevens. His short comings, regarding offensive strategies, have been well documented on this forum.
 Irving has been an unmitigated disaster for this team, this year, on multiple levels. Irving understood that when he was in Cleveland with Lebron, he couldn't publicly throw team mates under the bus and play hero ball. Unfortunately, this year's team had no one, including Stevens, who had the gravitas and influence, to reign in Irving.
Hopefully, Stevens learns from this year's debacle. I would be willing to give Stevens another year. I have limited confidence that Irving will learn from this disaster, simply b/c he has failed to be accountable for his part in the teams' failure.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure why you found it necessary to restart the poll or think the poll will yield different results.

There just are not a lot of " dump Stevens" fans on this site but there is a very vocal group, like yourself, that seem good with blaming Kyrie for this season and want him gone

The last results were strongly keep Stevens and dump Kyrie and, so far, it appears to be the same.