Author Topic: Reading the tea leaves: stealing DeAndre Jordan  (Read 3085 times)

Reading the tea leaves: stealing DeAndre Jordan
« on: May 27, 2017, 10:32:11 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Don't look now but the Clipper Ship might be taking on water.

All year long we've heard that Blake Griffin will most likely opt out and consider bolting for greener pastures. The CP3, Blake, DeAndre core seems to have topped out and people have been throwing around other players to stick between Paul and Jordan like Melo and Millsap, freeing Blake to sign some where like OKC or Houston.

Now it looks like Paul is actually the one thinking about bailing for San Antonio and if that happens there's a very real scenario where the DeAndre is the one left holding the bag and the Clips blow it up. In this case would it make sense for us to target All NBA 3rd team Center DeAndre Jordan?

We have the assets to make the deal. We have a glaring hole in our front court. Danny tried to trade for Jordan in the past when he tried to tack KG onto the Doc Rivers transaction. Jordan has also been remarkably durable throughout the last 5 years of his career.

What do we think about possibly going for Jordan if Clipper Land blows up? If so what would the deal look like?

Re: Reading the tea leaves: stealing DeAndre Jordan
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 10:43:46 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Don't look now but the Clipper Ship might be taking on water.

All year long we've heard that Blake Griffin will most likely opt out and consider bolting for greener pastures. The CP3, Blake, DeAndre core seems to have topped out and people have been throwing around other players to stick between Paul and Jordan like Melo and Millsap, freeing Blake to sign some where like OKC or Houston.

Now it looks like Paul is actually the one thinking about bailing for San Antonio and if that happens there's a very real scenario where the DeAndre is the one left holding the bag and the Clips blow it up. In this case would it make sense for us to target All NBA 3rd team Center DeAndre Jordan?

We have the assets to make the deal. We have a glaring hole in our front court. Danny tried to trade for Jordan in the past when he tried to tack KG onto the Doc Rivers transaction. Jordan has also been remarkably durable throughout the last 5 years of his career.

What do we think about possibly going for Jordan if Clipper Land blows up? If so what would the deal look like?
tp for the thread and news. do you have link for all this? thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I'd think it would have to include the BKN 18 pick and LAC getting its own pick back.  I don't think any player assets would need to be included, so if Boston doesn't sign a free agent it could be done using Boston's cap space, or if not then Boston could sign and trade someone to LAC, that could be Olynyk or it could be someone like Amir on a large 1 year guaranteed contract (with a team option for future seasons) just to make the dollars work. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 10:47:44 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I think...

Cp3/Griffin/DJ > IT/Horford/DJ

Pass on being Clippers east.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
If there was any way we could do a 3-way trade I'd be all on board.

Crowder, Zeller, Rozier and Nets 18 to NYK

Melo and 8 to LAC

Jordan and O'Quinn to BOS

Not sure exactly how it'd work out but something along these lines could benefit everyone.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 10:53:08 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Melo and 8 to LAC

Not sure exactly how it'd work out but something along these lines could benefit everyone.
That is a reasonable enough trade for Boston, but I think NY makes out too well and LAC not enough.  Perhaps if Rozier goes to LA it would balance it a bit more. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 10:53:25 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
it'd be nice if we could get him - i think hes exactly the type we need. how to do it i have no idea.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 10:55:08 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133

Melo and 8 to LAC

That is a reasonable enough trade for Boston, but I think NY makes out too well and LAC not enough.  Perhaps if Rozier goes to LA it would balance it a bit more.
Rozier to LA would be fine too. I'm honestly OK with a minor overpay as it could potentially A) Clear up the logjam in the backcourt and B) Free up more cap space

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 10:55:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Jordan is a terrible free throw shooter and that gets exploited in the fourth. I'm not ok with him

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 11:01:58 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Jordan is a terrible free throw shooter and that gets exploited in the fourth. I'm not ok with him

Tristan Thompson is a terrible free throw shooter also......just sayin

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 11:02:43 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
BKN 18, Crowder, & Smart for Jordan.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 11:03:54 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
BKN 18, Crowder, & Smart for Jordan.

Too much.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 11:04:37 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Tristan Thompson is a terrible free throw shooter also......just sayin
if we had lebron kyrie and love, ft% for a big wouldn't matter much  for us either

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 11:14:25 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Don't think he's the right type of player for C's. Too much money for a defense only guy and a massive liability on offense. I think they can find a guy that can grab some boards and bring interior beef for cheaper than that.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I do not know why you guys like to overpay for Celtics targets. Why would you trade the BKN 1 for Deandre? LOL. He does not move the needle.