Author Topic: Tacko Fall(merged threads)  (Read 42351 times)

Re: Tacko Fall
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 11:10:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I couldn't find a thread on this guy, sorry if I missed it. He looks like a good pick late 1st. He's not on any mock drafts I've looked at. I'm really surprised because he's huge and is a major deterrent in the paint. 7'7" and he moves well, am I missing something about him? He looked great against VCU last night.

Actually, I commend you for the post.

You peaked my curiosity so I went on YouTube and checked out his highlights from last night when UCF played VCU like you mentioned.  This guy really is a beast, literally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUZQsnmCV20

Very impressed with his rebounding, shot blocking and the way he posts up and cuts to the basket. He's a man among boys and looks impossible to defend.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 11:12:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
He's a senior and will turn 24 in December and he's still a project.

Yeah but, he's really, really tall.  ;D

Got nothing to lose by taking a gamble on a center in a weak draft where your best pick ends up somewhere in the 12-14 range.

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2019, 11:12:57 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
What's there not to like about a guy who's name is Tacko Fall?

Saw his game and he looks too slow. Will get killed in NBA's pnr-heavy game

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2019, 11:16:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I couldn't find a thread on this guy, sorry if I missed it. He looks like a good pick late 1st. He's not on any mock drafts I've looked at. I'm really surprised because he's huge and is a major deterrent in the paint. 7'7" and he moves well, am I missing something about him? He looked great against VCU last night.

Actually, I commend you for the post.

You peaked my curiosity so I went on YouTube and checked out his highlights from last night when UCF played VCU like you mentioned.  This guy really is a beast, literally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUZQsnmCV20

Very impressed with his rebounding, shot blocking and the way he posts up and cuts to the basket. He's a man among boys and looks impossible to defend.

He looked amazing in that game. He is just huge. He would already change an NBA game for small stints. He covers so much ground and is already so high up for rebounds. Though he's not as skilled he could already affected games the way Boban does for the sixers. Tacko is also way more mobil than Boban. He's a very interesting prospect that is not anywhere on the mock drafts yet, not even second round picks. I expect that will change.

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 11:23:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

He's not as slow as Boban and he's way bigger 7'6" with a massive 8' wingspan. He is slow but covers a lot of ground out there. Let's see what he can do against Duke!

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2019, 11:35:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Yao Ming in the making

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2019, 11:37:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Then tell Tacko to get back up.

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2019, 11:48:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I remember when some people saw Giannis scouting video and said he would not be able to play like 'that' in the NBA because of the superior talent in the NBA. Yeah right.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 12:17:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He's not as slow as Boban and he's way bigger 7'6" with a massive 8' wingspan. He is slow but covers a lot of ground out there. Let's see what he can do against Duke!
It's honestly ridiculous, he makes Boban look small. I've been a fan of him for a while, so I'd love us to pull the trigger if nobody falls massively (like RWill)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Tacko's going to bring about the Fall of Duke, just watch.

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Boban is a lazy comp for Tacko.

Boban actually has tremendous scoring instincts and touch.  But his total inability to defend relegates him to a small bench role despite his efficiency.  Cousins is having a similar problem with GS - he’s fitting in just fine on offense but his defensive limitations have GS wondering how much they can play him in the playoffs.

Tacko isn’t nearly as hopeless on defense, but he nonetheless won’t be able to defend on the perimeter in the NBA.  Any team with the ability to play five out (in the modern NBA, that’s almost everybody) will expose him.  And unlike Boban, he does not possess standout offensive capabilities to keep him in a rotation.  He actually does have decent hands for his size, but he has little touch aside from dunks.

I think somebody will take a flier on his size and spend a second rounder on him if his medicals check out, but I don’t think he’ll do much in the NBA.

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 06:27:17 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The Ceiling is the roof for Taco!

Ainge won't take him tho because he's a real big man.

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 07:16:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Boban is a lazy comp for Tacko.

Boban actually has tremendous scoring instincts and touch.  But his total inability to defend relegates him to a small bench role despite his efficiency.  Cousins is having a similar problem with GS - he’s fitting in just fine on offense but his defensive limitations have GS wondering how much they can play him in the playoffs.

Tacko isn’t nearly as hopeless on defense, but he nonetheless won’t be able to defend on the perimeter in the NBA.  Any team with the ability to play five out (in the modern NBA, that’s almost everybody) will expose him.  And unlike Boban, he does not possess standout offensive capabilities to keep him in a rotation.  He actually does have decent hands for his size, but he has little touch aside from dunks.

I think somebody will take a flier on his size and spend a second rounder on him if his medicals check out, but I don’t think he’ll do much in the NBA.

I was just comparing two big guys but the main point was about how they are different not a comp about how they are the same. Other than both being huge they are totally different players.

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 07:19:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Dude had 13, 18 rebs and 5 blocks against VCU  - in 28 min - and we barely hear a peep about him...

Time to make his presence known against Duke.

At 310 pounds won't be the easiest thing to move around, either.

He's going to gum stuff up for Duke.

Get ready for perhaps your last college game, Zion.

LOL Let's go, Tacko!!!

Duke cannot deny his presence....

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 07:29:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Dude had 13, 18 rebs and 5 blocks against VCU  - in 28 min - and we barely hear a peep about him...

Time to make his presence known against Duke.

At 310 pounds won't be the easiest thing to move around, either.

He's going to gum stuff up for Duke.

Get ready for perhaps your last college game, Zion.

LOL Let's go, Tacko!!!

Duke cannot deny his presence....

Dukes in trouble!