Author Topic: DeMarre Carroll  (Read 3533 times)

DeMarre Carroll
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:43:25 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I know nothing about this kid other than he seems to have dropped like a rock due to his liver issues.  Evidently, his doctor says that is fine and he will NOT need a transplant.

He seems to have improved every year.  He is 6'8" if that is correct.  Does anyone know if he is a good lock up defender??  He averaged 1.6 steals and .7 blocks in only 28 minutes.  Does anyone know why he only played 28 per or why he missed a year???

Would we be interested in buying a 2nd round pick to take him for depth??
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=22107

Smitty77

Re: DeMarre Carroll
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Has anyone ever seen this guy play???  Help me out guys:-))

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:26:33 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Fine guys, I will converse with myself:-)  This was on draftexpress.com:

Sunday June 14th: 11:15am Session

Demarre Carroll

Josh Shipp

Jeremy Pargo

Taylor Griffin

Dionte Christmas

Jimmy Barron

Comments from observers in the gym:

“DeMarre Carroll was much better than I thought. He can shoot, he can move, he can really play. He was very active. He helped himself. Josh Shipp did very well too. He was labeled as a soft guy at UCLA, but that really wasn’t the case here. He battled with Pargo and Delaney, and he shot well too. Dionte Christmas just knows how to play. He was shooting great, guarding guys, moving well. Paul Delaney was the biggest disappointment to me. He couldn’t make a shot. Taylor Griffin probably isn’t an NBA guy, but he’s a solid all-around player. “

Feedback for this article may be sent to jonathan@draftexpress.com 

Here is the link:  http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#New-Jersey-Group-Workout-Wrap-Up-3259

Give me a freaking break here guys.  We have a great collection of basketball expertise and noone has seen this guy play??  I will look like a genius if Danny buys a late first-rounder and taps this kid:-))))

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hey first of all I'm sorry that no one has answered your thread yet. I have started threads that no one has answered and it's no fun. I didn't really know about Demarre Carroll but because no one answered your thread I looked him up.

He is a high energy tweener. He'll come up and gaurd you. Due to his play at Missouri he is best suited for a uptempo system in which he can get out and run. Energy guys are great but I feel like he would be more of a value on a team like the suns or warriors than on the Celtics.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I don't know anything about him, but thanks for the info so far.

Here are some players the Cs have had in for workouts (thanks draftexpress!!!):

Garrett Temple
Jermaine Taylor
Leo Lyons
Jeremy Pargo
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't know anything about him, but thanks for the info so far.

Here are some players the Cs have had in for workouts (thanks draftexpress!!!):

Garrett Temple
Jermaine Taylor
Leo Lyons
Jeremy Pargo
If those are our choices we should not pick anyone. Also if there was any chance we'd trade into the top 10 wouldn't we work out top ten talent?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Give me a freaking break here guys.  We have a great collection of basketball expertise and noone has seen this guy play?? 

On the run now, but I've been meaning to come back to this thread - I was at close to every one of his home games during his two seasons at Missouri.  I'll have a few thoughts over the next couple of days.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:56:59 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Thanks much guys!!  I look forward to your input SW.  I just feel that this guy is dropping possibly due to a medical condition that might not affect him for some time, if ever.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 11:32:45 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
He has dropped to #49 in the latest nbadraft.net mock, updated yesterday.  We could easily buy this pick. 

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
OK. Defensively, i don't know if he can make it in the NBA. Too frail to defend the post and doesn't move quick enough to guard SF's. I saw Cole Aldrich of Kansas basically force himself into anywhere on the floor, but he basically does that to everyone. You would expect with his length that he would be a lot better shot blocker, but that just wasn't the case. He's not as athletic as he looks to be, if that makes any sense. Mizzou would put him on the inbounder in their press a lot and he would force some turnovers.

It's his offense that's intriguing because he has improved it every year. His jumper went down at a decent clip and he was able to handle the ball and was good in transition. He's very fast up and down the court. Fantastic hustle player that will give his all for every second of the game. Effort is not a question.

Overall, he reminds me of Waltah without the outside shot or REnaldo Balkman. Not too high on his NBA potential.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Give him a shot as our third SF!  (or bench...NBDL)

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I only saw him in the tourney, but I thought he was the best player on that Missouri team and they went pretty far in the dance. If I remember correctly, he was incredibly active in their full-court press and he was terrific at harassing the other players bringing up the ball. I have no idea how he is one-on-one, but he seemed like a more-than-capable team defender. He also seemed to be the leader of that team on both ends of the floor, and he played with a lot heart. I agree with others that say he is probably best suited for an up-tempo club since he came from that Tigers team. I have no clue if he has enough talent to make it on the next level, but I would probably give him a shot based on his energy alone.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:14:40 PM by Jon Niednagel »
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »

Offline MrBlonde

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2