Poll

Suppose Danny Buys #25 in the first rd. Who do you want?

Chase Budinger
10 (17.5%)
Austin Daye
3 (5.3%)
Psycho T
7 (12.3%)
Sam Young
18 (31.6%)
Darren Collison
4 (7%)
Wayne Ellington
8 (14%)
Marcus Thorton
1 (1.8%)
Nick Calathes
2 (3.5%)
Patty Mills
4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: If we did buy a late 1sr rd draft pick, who would you want? (merged)  (Read 19549 times)

Re: If we did buy a late 1sr rd draft pick, who would you want? (merged)
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2009, 03:49:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If other teams are scared off by his greek contract, i wouldn't mind taking a 2nd round flyer on Calethas, then bringing him over in a couple years. i think he's pretty underrated, can play the 1/2. 

Collison would be a solid pick late in the first round, as would lawson (a steal if he lasts that long). Also would have to take a look at Daye and maynor.

what about Omar cassipi? (speaking of foreign players)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2009, 04:09:05 PM »

Offline Can97

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Of the players you listed, I would go with Chase Budinger, as he seems the most likely of the ones you listed to step in and contribute next season.  The player I really like who could be available in the late teens is Jeff Teague (but imagine he would be gone by late 1st).

I saw Budinger play on a few occasions in person and he is completely over-rated. He's a good athlete and that's about it. He's a poor mans luke walton and that is being generous.

Jeff Pendergraph is someone I would want with an early second round pick. When he faced Jordan Hill he at times outplayed him. Their stats against one another were always pretty even and Pendergraphs team has actually won the last five times against Jordan Hills. Pendergraph is a pure 4 or 5 and would compliment our bigs perfectly. He would have helped us in the playoffs when we really needed another big man.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:14:08 PM by Can97 »

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2009, 04:23:44 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Of the players you listed, I would go with Chase Budinger, as he seems the most likely of the ones you listed to step in and contribute next season.  The player I really like who could be available in the late teens is Jeff Teague (but imagine he would be gone by late 1st).

I saw Budinger play on a few occasions in person and he is completely over-rated. He's a good athlete and that's about it. He's a poor mans luke walton and that is being generous.

Jeff Pendergraph is someone I would want with an early second round pick. When he faced Jordan Hill he at times outplayed him. Their stats against one another were always pretty even and Pendergraphs team has actually won the last five times against Jordan Hills. Pendergraph is a pure 4 or 5 and would compliment our bigs perfectly. He would have helped us in the playoffs when we really needed another big man.

You wouldn't hear me complain if Danny bought a high 2nd rounder and used it to draft Pendergraph...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2009, 06:04:53 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
hansborough all the way. i found him really annoying at unc but just the dude is a rugged player. if nothing else it's another guy w/ a lot of heart and toughness to push around the ninny teams like the lakers.

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2009, 06:11:03 PM »

Offline BigRedDog423

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'd want Sam Young.

He's not going to be a superstar, but none of those guys will. But I think he's polished and talented enough to contribute immediately. Four year seniors can be useful rookies.

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2009, 06:50:04 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Danny Green

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2009, 07:37:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
hansborough all the way. i found him really annoying at unc but just the dude is a rugged player. if nothing else it's another guy w/ a lot of heart and toughness to push around the ninny teams like the lakers.

I agree and think he's one of the most "Ready" players in the draft. He's a very hard worker.