Author Topic: Rajon vs Delonte  (Read 3459 times)

Rajon vs Delonte
« on: May 05, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I know that most of the focus and emphasis both here and nationally will be on what we do to try to control LBJ, and that' s legitimate.

However I am very much looking forward to the battle at the PG spot.  Rajon is one of my favorite players and I will always love DWest, he was one of my favorites last year.  I think whoever gets the edge will go a long way in helping their team to the Conference Finals.

Rondo has been a key all year and he has done a good job against better PGs than Delonte.  I think he can use his quickness and agility to penetrate at the initial point of offensive attack.  This will be a key for us.  He needs to draw the help and make the correct decisions.

Defensively, Rondo needs to be solid.  Stay within the scheme, stay in front of Delonte.  His game is being aggressive and getting steals and that's all well and good, but Delonte is a more of a shooter than a penetrator Rajon needs to focus on staying on that left hand. 

I don't think there was any will between these teammates last year but I can understand how both will have a chip on their shoulder coming into this series.  Anytime someone is traded they wanna come back and get revenge on their old team.  Also I can see Rajon being motivated as Delonte got more minutes than Rondo especially during that stretch where Rondo didn't play much at all.

As the rest of this series, this matchup will be fun to watch, and an exciting one.  Let's go Celts.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: Rajon vs Delonte
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Remember how confused Boobie Gibson was in the Finals last year because he couldn't see the blur that was Tony Parker long enough to try to stop him on the offensive end? Well thats Rondo. Ragin Rajon Rondo.

Rondo is good enough at defense to make Delonte go right. Im not really worried beyond that.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:03:55 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Remember how confused Boobie Gibson was in the Finals last year because he couldn't see the blur that was Tony Parker long enough to try to stop him on the offensive end? Well thats Rondo. Ragin Rajon Rondo.
Rondo likely won't get enough opportunities to really work over the Cavs guards. He could do a lot of damage if he did.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 05:15:48 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Bibby didn't do much against rondo. I think we'll be ok.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 05:19:08 PM »

Offline green tea

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
I think Rondo has the advantage in this matchup.

The cav's size is what worries me.  Zydrunas is going to be the X-factor.

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I like PJ Brown on Z. I think he is playing better and better.

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 05:45:46 PM »

Offline biggs1221

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Rondo v Delonte is a very interesting subplot to the game that is being overlooked.  The front office didnt just trade Delonte away -  instead they chose Rondo over him.  Amidst all the stars, this is definitely a match up to watch + Delonte will certainly have a little extra motivation here.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 06:45:59 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Delonte plays hard. Thats what you have to worry about that. Delonte is the only guard on the Cavs I'm worried about.

I cant wait for the entire Celtics team to pick on Wally. We can score on him all day.

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 09:05:06 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think Rondo has the advantage in this matchup.

The cav's size is what worries me.  Zydrunas is going to be the X-factor.
I like PJ Brown on Z. I think he is playing better and better.
Agree completely.  I think PJ and Davis will be banging on him.  I think Delonte might be schooled by Rondo.