Author Topic: Nets (27-23) at Celtics (30-19) Game #50 1/28/19  (Read 21599 times)

Re: Nets (27-23) at Celtics (30-19) Game #50 1/28/19
« Reply #405 on: January 28, 2019, 10:19:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Gordon "2 pt" hayward

140 Million dollars down the drain lol

« Reply #406 on: January 28, 2019, 10:34:03 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Feasted on home games this month. Going on the road before the all-Star game. Gotta keep posting Ws.

« Reply #407 on: January 28, 2019, 10:42:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I kind of like the lineup that is out there right now.

Rozier / Smart / Brown / JT / Horford.

Isn't that the group that took us to within 1 game of the Finals ?

Nope, we had Morris playing 4.

Edit: I see this is another subtle jab at Kyrie  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Haven't mentioned his name in a week - you are yet another poster completely obsessed with this guy.

****, you don't need to mention it, its so obvious. Also don't flatter yourself, I will continue to defend our players against idiots.
Went too far here. Pretty clear insult levied at tenn smooth. Do not do it again.

« Reply #408 on: January 28, 2019, 10:44:27 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Back to business: We need to keep moving up the ladder in the standings. Tonight was good because Playoff Al made appearances in back to back games.

Having Al perform at a high level is so big for us!

« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2019, 10:44:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Give credit to Jaylen Brown, he played very well tonight.

On the other hand, Hayward was horrible.
He just had 2 points.

I think Hayward will be better next season.
But the Celts really need to open up more minutes and shots for Hayward.

If the AD trade to the Celts happens, I think Tatum will be gone as the Pels would be asking for Tatum.
That might be what Brown and Hayward need.
Hayward starts in place of Tatum and Brown continues to come off the bench.
If Tatum is gone and Brown still on the team after a Davis trade, you can be assured that Smart is a Pelican so your starters would be Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Davis/Horford

« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2019, 10:48:46 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Haven't mentioned his name in a week - you are yet another poster completely obsessed with this guy.

****, you don't need to mention it, its so obvious. Also don't flatter yourself, I will continue to defend our players against idiots.
Went too far here. Pretty clear insult levied at tenn smooth. Do not do it again.

I love how this blog protects posters who insult CELTICS players constantly. Enjoy these kind of fans, I hope you guys get filled with such from now on. I'm out.

« Reply #411 on: January 29, 2019, 02:33:31 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Give credit to Jaylen Brown, he played very well tonight.

On the other hand, Hayward was horrible.
He just had 2 points.

I think Hayward will be better next season.
But the Celts really need to open up more minutes and shots for Hayward.

If the AD trade to the Celts happens, I think Tatum will be gone as the Pels would be asking for Tatum.
That might be what Brown and Hayward need.
Hayward starts in place of Tatum and Brown continues to come off the bench.
If Tatum is gone and Brown still on the team after a Davis trade, you can be assured that Smart is a Pelican so your starters would be Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Davis/Horford

It's also possible that it will be Horford, Tatum, and picks going to the Pels for AD.

« Reply #412 on: January 29, 2019, 04:10:01 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I love how this blog protects posters who insult CELTICS players constantly. Enjoy these kind of fans, I hope you guys get filled with such from now on. I'm out.
The inconsistency regarding what is ‘too far’ depending on who is the subject is pretty frustrating.

Sad to see ya leave though, if that’s what you meant
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #413 on: January 29, 2019, 04:30:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

The inconsistency regarding what is ‘too far’ depending on who is the subject is pretty frustrating.

Sad to see ya leave though, if that’s what you meant
Well the right thing to do is to ignore such people instead of hitting back at them (for the record idk anything about the above "feud", just stating my thoughts about such issues in general). I would like to add that I believe fans can rail on players who're underperforming or not being professional though (again not referring to anything specific here, just in general), as long as they aren't personal insults or attacks on their close ones.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #414 on: January 29, 2019, 04:54:10 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Gordon "2 pt" hayward

I'm so sick of posters like you. No one could have predicted that injury. It was just bad luck. You think they would pay him this money if they knew what would happen? Stop being so narrowsighted. Injuries happen all the time. Did you say the same thing about Len Bias? Lottery pick down the drain?

« Reply #415 on: January 29, 2019, 05:15:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Alright, nice win by this group tonight without Kyrie!

Smart, Brown, and Horford really brought their A games tonight!

After the win in Toronto, there was an article in RaptorsHQ that suggests that Celtics struggles isn't so much as the young guys not playing well, but rather its because of Horford not playing well or not playing at all due to injuries, minutes restriction etc. I'm starting to think that is really the case.

It's true, even Steve Kerr mentioned it. Kyrie is the best player on this team, but Horford is the engine that makes everything work. When he does well, there's a trickle-down effect for the rest of the team and we win a lot.

Horford is a great team player. Kyrie is a great individual player.

When Kyrie plays well, he generally is not elevating his teammates.
When Horford plays well, he brings his teammates with them and gets the best out of his teammates (they play well too).

I prefer Horford myself. I like guys who make others around them better. Who bring players together and make them a team.

« Reply #416 on: January 29, 2019, 05:18:31 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Gordon "2 pt" hayward

I'm so sick of posters like you. No one could have predicted that injury. It was just bad luck. You think they would pay him this money if they knew what would happen? Stop being so narrowsighted. Injuries happen all the time. Did you say the same thing about Len Bias? Lottery pick down the drain?
TP.
I dislike this defeatist and, by my standards unloyal, approach to this situation as well.
GH certainly gives his best efforts to be the player he was, so I don't hold anything against him.
Plus, theoretically we can still win the championship even this year, it is not like he cemented our future and we are done.

Real fans cheer for and not against, they are "pro" and not "contra".
They don't cry like babies, they suck it up and stay on the course no matter what.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #417 on: January 29, 2019, 08:08:49 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
the negativity is annoying, but it makes sense to allow different point of views. at the end of the day we're all just rooting for the team

LarBrd33s comments are extremely annoying to me personally (and simultaneously hilarious), but he's obviously a diehard, with a lot of knowledge as seen from his Podcast. and when he's positive about some aspect of the Celts, you know he's bound to be right

Silky obviously doesnt like Hayward, but he's clearly a Cs fan too and has his heart in the right place

« Reply #418 on: January 29, 2019, 08:36:17 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Why is it seemingly impossible for a handful of posters to let dissenting opinions have their say without launching personal attacks?  I don't care how strongly you believe Gordon Hayward was an MVP snub in Utah, or that he's just days away from returning to 200% of his pre-injury form - it doesn't hurt you at all to have to read that people disagree with your point of view.  Seriously... suck... it... up.

Any poster (including mods) who call people idiots for voicing their opinion is contributing 0 to the ongoing debate about how to improve the Celtics and is just actively making people feel unwelcome on these boards.

I don't think anyone should be permanently banned, but I do think a 5 day suspension from posting for acts like these would give people time to cool off and reconsider how to handle situations where not everyone agrees with them.

« Reply #419 on: January 29, 2019, 08:39:54 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
the negativity is annoying, but it makes sense to allow different point of views. at the end of the day we're all just rooting for the team

LarBrd33s comments are extremely annoying to me personally (and simultaneously hilarious), but he's obviously a diehard, with a lot of knowledge as seen from his Podcast. and when he's positive about some aspect of the Celts, you know he's bound to be right

Silky obviously doesnt like Hayward, but he's clearly a Cs fan too and has his heart in the right place
It’s for people like these that god created the “ignore” function.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva