Keep the #2, draft Morant, stay young
13 (44.8%)
Trade everything for Davis, all picks, Brown and Smart
3 (10.3%)
Stop making polls
13 (44.8%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: June 30, 2019, 11:13:31 AM

Author Topic: If the Sacramento Pick rises to #2, what do you do?  (Read 4819 times)

Re: If the Sacramento Pick rises to #2, what do you do?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 01:36:39 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
OK, hypothetical time again.

Lets pretend the Kings pick jumps to the #2 spot AND the memphis pick translates as the 9th pick in this draft.

The offer on the table from NOP is:
Davis for #2, #9, Boston pick 2019 and 2021, Brown and Smart

The deal from Kyries camp is that no Davis, no Kyrie.

So the choices here are:

A) Keep the assets and lose Kyrie.
Draft Ja Morant at #2 and BPAs the rest of the way. Keep all assets and make other moves.

Morant
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Williams

Also Hayward, Baynes, Semi, Yabu, Wannamaker, Theis, #9 pick, LAC Pick, Bostons picks.

or

B) sell everything for Davis.

Irving
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Davis

with Baynes, Semi, Yabu, Wannamaker, theis and the LAC pick

I went with stop making polls.

Way too tempting lol.

This is a very tough hypothetical, that will probably never ever happen, so there's that.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I wouldn't trade Smart under nearly any circumstances.  I'd sooner trade both Brown and Tatum.

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 01:44:15 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I would kill to watch Ja Morant on the Celtics.  Excitement!!

Since we have plenty of starting caliber players to start next to AD and Irving, we could trade Tatum and Brown, R. Williams, and add necessary sign and trade for AD.  Then use this year's picks to fill out our bench.

This draft is strong in bench glue guys imo. 

Starters:  Irving, Smart, Hayward, Horford, AD
Bench:  Morant, Culver/K. Johnson (Memphis pick), Grant Willimas/PJ Washington (Clippers pick), Thybulle/Talen Horton-Tucker/A. Schofield (Celtics pick)

Then, when Morant starts to shine, trade Kyrie to a destination he's ok with.  Get a star big for him if possible, as Horford's eventual replacement.

Win a title in the meantime...

The above also makes sense cap wise....an excellent bench you don't have to pay for a number of years...

Just a comment on one of your draft picks.  I don't think Talen Horton-Tucker is ready for the NBA right now.  If we are taking him with our first round pick I think it would be a mistake.  He is a talented kid, but is only 18 right now, and just doesn't have the maturity.  I have watched almost every Iowa State game this year, and although he is popping up in a lot of draft lists, he doesn't seem close to ready to me. 

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 01:46:41 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
All depends on if Davis will sign extension. Certainly wound not give all that up for rental.
Also if they have 2nd and 9th, I give that and Brown. That's a great haul for a guy who has already said he's not coming back.

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 01:51:22 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Since we have plenty of starting caliber players to start next to AD and Irving, we could trade Tatum and Brown, R. Williams, and add necessary sign and trade for AD.  Then use this year's picks to fill out our bench.

Bench:  Morant, Culver/K. Johnson (Memphis pick), Grant Willimas/PJ Washington (Clippers pick), Thybulle/Talen Horton-Tucker/A. Schofield (Celtics pick)

Then, when Morant starts to shine, trade Kyrie to a destination he's ok with.  Get a star big for him if possible, as Horford's eventual replacement.

The above also makes sense cap wise....an excellent bench you don't have to pay for a number of years...

Just a comment on one of your draft picks.  I don't think Talen Horton-Tucker is ready for the NBA right now.  If we are taking him with our first round pick I think it would be a mistake.  He is a talented kid, but is only 18 right now, and just doesn't have the maturity.  I have watched almost every Iowa State game this year, and although he is popping up in a lot of draft lists, he doesn't seem close to ready to me.

Thanks for informed opinion!   Some mocks have him in next year's draft...was going by type more than reality...

edit:  to be truthful, I wouldn't mind having both Grant Williams and PJ Washington....this year's troubles have me thirsty for leadership, smarts and toughness

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Thanks for informed opinion!   Some mocks have him in next year's draft...was going by type more than reality...

edit:  to be truthful, I wouldn't mind having both Grant Williams and PJ Washington....this year's troubles have me thirsty for leadership, smarts and toughness

I don't know I would say I am informed lol, but I am a big Iowa State fan and watch all their games.  Horton Tucker has played amazing at times, and other times he has really hampered the team.  He has an nba body right now at 18, and can do a lot with the ball in his hands.  I am sure that is why the nba scouts are very interested.  I just think he needs another year in college.

I would be down for Grant Williams.  I just wish he was 6'9"!

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 02:19:04 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
There is a 97.6% chance that the SAC pick is #14.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_draft_lottery

The chance for #2 is 0.6%. #3 is 0.6%. #4 is 0.7%. Hope springs eternal :)
so you're saying there's a chance.

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 02:29:46 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Buy lottery tickets.

Mike

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 02:35:05 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
OK, hypothetical time again.

Lets pretend the Kings pick jumps to the #2 spot AND the memphis pick translates as the 9th pick in this draft.

The offer on the table from NOP is:
Davis for #2, #9, Boston pick 2019 and 2021, Brown and Smart

The deal from Kyries camp is that no Davis, no Kyrie.

So the choices here are:

A) Keep the assets and lose Kyrie.
Draft Ja Morant at #2 and BPAs the rest of the way. Keep all assets and make other moves.

Morant
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Williams

Also Hayward, Baynes, Semi, Yabu, Wannamaker, Theis, #9 pick, LAC Pick, Bostons picks.

or

B) sell everything for Davis.

Irving
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Davis

with Baynes, Semi, Yabu, Wannamaker, theis and the LAC pick

I went with stop making polls.

Way too tempting lol.

This is a very tough hypothetical, that will probably never ever happen, so there's that.

well, it seems like the clear winner so far is for me to stop making polls. so there is that...lol

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2019, 02:37:42 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
My answer would be the same as the last poll. We negotiate an even better deal for AD.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
This is the perfect time of year to play with some fantasies.

Trade for Davis, but play hardball. If the C's have the #2, #9, and #18 for this upcoming draft, throw in their own 2020 pick and Hayward to match salaries and work like heck to convince the Pels that Hayward will be fully healed and a movable asset next season (or better yet, convince another team of that now and route Hayward to that third team. If this sounds far-fetched, let's remember this is fantasy and assume that Hayward catches fire in a playoff run to the, say, ECF where he averages 16-4-4 and has at least one monster game that makes a lot of media attention).

Is anyone trumping 4 firsts, including a #2 and a #9 and whatever else can be gotten for Hayward? Maybe either Brown or Tatum has to go too but I don't know that anyone else is outbidding that.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 03:01:41 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Two points -

1. I would prefer to see the team with Morant instead of keeping Kyrie and trading for AD.

I just find it more satisfying to watch the team draft young players and have them stay, work hard, develop and bond with the city. Kyrie might be the most interesting, most skilled scorer I've ever seen, but I just can't bond with him as a fan, and I don't feel it with AD either. There is something about their competitive priorities that just doesn't sit right with me.

2. I've come to the point where I see Brown as more valuable long term than Tatum.

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 04:06:23 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I voted to keep the No. 2 pick. I think Morant is going to be a GREAT player in the NBA. And I have a feeling that if we get AD, he's gonna be injured too often.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2019, 04:18:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
There's such a low chance of this happening, why bother spending any time on wondering what we'd do in that scenario?  Will just tend to get you excited about the idea even though it's almost certainly not going to come to pass.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2019, 04:24:35 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
There's such a low chance of this happening, why bother spending any time on wondering what we'd do in that scenario?  Will just tend to get you excited about the idea even though it's almost certainly not going to come to pass.

Probably because that's what team fan message boards do to pass the time....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team