Author Topic: Trade idea: the Boston Bucks  (Read 1864 times)

Trade idea: the Boston Bucks
« on: November 27, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Never gonna happen. Just throwing out an idea for discussion.  8)

Really love what the Bucks are doing this season with 4 shooters stretching the floor and Giannis running the show as a point forward. Only other player in the league being able to step into Giannis' shoes would be Simmons. They are both close to 7 feet tall. They are both terrible shooters, but elite slashers. They both have great court vision (Simmons is better than Giannis in that regard). Problem is, would it be possible to trade for Simmons?

Now that the Sixers have acquired Butler, Kyrie seems like a better fit for their style of play. Plus, the two of them are close friends. According to rumors, they were planning to play together in NY.

My initial idea was something like this:
Kyrie + minor asset to the Sixers for Simmons + either Redick or Chandler (hopefully Redick, realistically Chandler)

Then I realised that Brown would be a bad fit next to Simmons, hence we'd have to trade him as well. 

So, here’s the deal.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7136153

Boston in: Simmons, Josh Richardson, Redick
Boston out: Kyrie, Brown, Theis

Philly in: Kyrie, Theis
Philly out: Simmons, Redick

Miami in: Brown
Miami out: Richardson

Feel free to add pick(s) if necessary.

Obviously, Smart would be a bad fit next to Simmons as well. I guess we 'd have to keep Rozier over Smart.

Anyway, this would be the 15-man roster after the trade

Simmons - Rozier - Smart - Wanamaker
Richardson - Redick - Bird
Hayward - Morris - Semi
Tatum - Morris - Yabu
Horford - Baynes - Williams

Four guys stretching the floor + Simmons playing the role Giannis is playing for the Bucks this season.
Great defensive potential as well. Shortest guy in our starting lineup would be Richardson at 6'6". We could just switch every ball screen.

Again, never gonna happen in real life. Just throwing out an idea for discussion. Having said that, Danny has made a similar trade in the past when he decided to trade IT + Crowder to the Cavs for Kyrie.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:27:30 PM by Jvalin »

Re: Trade idea: the Boston Bucks
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:18:22 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I have very little respect for a "great Player" like Giannis and Simmons because they can't shoot worth a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. outside of 10 feet.  Unless you play like Marcus Smart, forget it.  And to trade one of top 5 players in the league?  I'm sure some people appreciate Giannis and Simmons because they do get a lot of hype.  But to me, no way.  I don't buy the hype.  And I must admit I never cared for LeBum (still don't) early in his career because he couldn't shoot worth a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., either.  Early LeBUm and Shaq could only go to the basket, roll somebody over and get a foul call because they were "NBA Superstars" that get the calls.  The NBA is fixed like that.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »

Offline drooldaddy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Quick thought of the trade .

It’s a star league. Teams that get the better player tend to win trades imo. Kyrie is best player .

Simmons is a pass first guy and needs to have shooters . You just dealt our best shooter for him.

Simmons does fill some needs but I’d never consider this deal.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 05:32:35 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I have very little respect for a "great Player" like Giannis and Simmons because they can't shoot worth a **** outside of 10 feet.  Unless you play like Marcus Smart, forget it.  And to trade one of top 5 players in the league?  I'm sure some people appreciate Giannis and Simmons because they do get a lot of hype.  But to me, no way.  I don't buy the hype.  And I must admit I never cared for LeBum (still don't) early in his career because he couldn't shoot worth a ****, either.  Early LeBUm and Shaq could only go to the basket, roll somebody over and get a foul call because they were "NBA Superstars" that get the calls.  The NBA is fixed like that.
Kyrie isn't a top 5 player or even a top 10 player.  Giannis is.  You don't like poor shooters but you like Smart.  That does not compute.  Shaq was so dominant.  He should have gotten even more foul calls. 

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 05:37:23 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
You forgot the word dumb prior to the trade idea...

This trade helps Philly more than us.
It is fairly balanced from a value standpoint.  Maybe even favors us because Kyrie could be a 1 year rental.  However, Simmons just doesn't fit for us.  What would CBS do with someone who won't even shoot 3s?