Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto- Chinatown Wars  (Read 3890 times)

Grand Theft Auto- Chinatown Wars
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
has any1 played this on the nintendo ds?  i have read things on it and seen a couple vids, but wanted a testimonial of how it is.  im thinking of picking it up.

the graphics and camera angle obviously wont be great due to it being on the ds, but all things aside, how is the gameplay/storyline?

sidenote, the ghostface and mf doom song for it is sweeeeet!

Re: Grand Theft Auto- Chinatown Wars
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:06:46 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
anyone?   bueller....bueller.....bueller, lol

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I don't really enjoy handheld games much anymore, cause they're really only good for bringing around with you on like trips and such, and I think both the PSP and DS are too cumbersome.

But... The new DS GTA is probably the best top down version I've played.. including the first few for the Playstation. Really, fun honestly. I'm not good at reviewing things, and i have to admit I didn't follow the story closely but I guess the bottom line is that it's fun, I think at least.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
I don't really enjoy handheld games much anymore, cause they're really only good for bringing around with you on like trips and such, and I think both the PSP and DS are too cumbersome.

But... The new DS GTA is probably the best top down version I've played.. including the first few for the Playstation. Really, fun honestly. I'm not good at reviewing things, and i have to admit I didn't follow the story closely but I guess the bottom line is that it's fun, I think at least.

thanks for the input....i appreciate it.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
My roomate told me he was going to buy it because it got incredible reviews.  It looks like it might be a lot of fun.  You should check out the gameplay on youtube.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 06:28:18 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
My roomate told me he was going to buy it because it got incredible reviews.  It looks like it might be a lot of fun.  You should check out the gameplay on youtube.

thanks for the info. 

i did check out gameplay on youtube....however, i want first hand reviews/opinions, especially with the fun factor.

i know the graphics wont be great bc it is on the ds.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
just bumping this.  im going away in a couple weeks and want more personal feedback, if possible.  i think i will buy it and play it on the plane.