Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Alright I am wondering!

(1/2) > >>

WeMadeIt17:
I remember at the start of the summer they said we could sign a MAX free Agent in 2010! I am wondering if any of you guys think this will happen? Is it really possible and what would we have to do in order to get one? Could someone break it down for me? Cause i am just watching this mix tapes of Dwayne Wade and I would love for him to be here. He would fit in so well and I really think of the 3 guys I think he would take the least money cause seems like he really wants to win and i think he would be the on of him, bosh, and James to go to the team with the best chance to win. So do you think it is at all possible to get him?

paintitgreen:
Theoretically, it MAY have been possible at the start of the 09 offseason IF:
1) We let Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen go at the end of the 09-10 season;
2) Paul Pierce opted out of his 2010-11 contract to leave or to accept a lower salary in an extension; and
3) We didn't add any more players this offseason to more than one year contracts.

However, that has been negated by two things:
1) Signing Rasheed Wallace to a 3 year contract and
2) The fact that the salary cap decreased this year and the forecast that the salary cap will decrease more significantly next year.

We cannot "add" a max player next summer by free agency; we can only sign a max free agent if he already wears green (i.e., Rajon Rondo gets max dollars next year).

WeMadeIt17:
Not even sign and trade?

paintitgreen:
Well, yeah, we could trade for a max player, but we can't just sign one. But the fact that it would be in 2010 makes no difference. We could trade for a max player this year.

MaineBleedsGreen:

--- Quote from: paintitgreen on August 07, 2009, 04:43:48 PM ---
We cannot "add" a max player next summer by free agency; we can only sign a max free agent if he already wears green (i.e., Rajon Rondo gets max dollars next year).

--- End quote ---

I was thinking that Danny was talking about Rondo when he said that. Pretty much like saying. Show us what you got and we'll talk about these max dollars you want in 2010.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version