Miami Heat - Smartacus
Milwaukee Bucks - Silky
Minnesota Timberwolves - tazzmaniac
Phoenix Suns - Phantom255x
Portland Trail Blazers - Big333223
Sacramento Kings - A Future of Stevens
San Antonio Spurs - Humble G
Washington Wizards - DefenseWinsChamps

Author Topic: 2019 Mock Trade Deadline Winner Announcement  (Read 12284 times)

Re: Poll: 2019 Mock Trade Deadline Winner
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 09:54:34 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I realize that I'm biased, but I'm shocked more people didn't like what my other teams did. The Hornets got two unprotected 1sts from the Mavs, unloaded Batum's awful contract, and got Smith Jr. as their point guard of the future, while getting Collison as a veteran replacement for Walker.

The Nets got 3 unprotected 1sts (two will be late firsts in 2019), Poetl, and got off of Crabbe's awful contract, opening space for two max contracts this off-season, while keep young assets and picks that could be used to facilitate trades. We traded Russell who is set for a big contract this off-season and committed to Dinwiddie. We got two first round picks and Poelt for Joe Harris. We also got off Crabbe's negative contract.
Well I felt if you want to rebuild like the 76ers then it looks good but it's not a well liked move to give up on good talent for mediocre picks and players. I'd think try to build/add to Walker and Russell get them one elite running mate to ball with. Those franchise need to see the light it's been years of disappointment those moves just added more years to it.

And I too felt disappointment I'm not getting the votes. I expected seeing more seeing I add an All star.

I guess I'm not a big believer in Russell. He's fine, but I don't think he has a game that translates well to winning in the playoffs. He can't get to the rim. He can't defend. Given that he is in the last year of his rookie contract, getting players that could fill in for his production (Bogdon and Evans) and getting a 1st, while also getting off of Crabbe's contract was good value I thought. For example, in real life, the Knicks just used Porzingis to get off of two contracts totaling double the size of Crabbe's, but they got a prospect, expirings, and two firsts back. Russell is no where near the player Porzingis is, but I thought the value I got was similar.
You still got back good value for a rebuild. I was saying it's not a popular direction.

Hell, in my case I thought I got a ton of value. Two bench players and a late lottery pick for a six time all star PF that is in his prime still at 29 years old.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 09:56:32 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I realize that I'm biased, but I'm shocked more people didn't like what my other teams did. The Hornets got two unprotected 1sts from the Mavs, unloaded Batum's awful contract, and got Smith Jr. as their point guard of the future, while getting Collison as a veteran replacement for Walker.

The Nets got 3 unprotected 1sts (two will be late firsts in 2019), Poetl, and got off of Crabbe's awful contract, opening space for two max contracts this off-season, while keep young assets and picks that could be used to facilitate trades. We traded Russell who is set for a big contract this off-season and committed to Dinwiddie. We got two first round picks and Poelt for Joe Harris. We also got off Crabbe's negative contract.
Well I felt if you want to rebuild like the 76ers then it looks good but it's not a well liked move to give up on good talent for mediocre picks and players. I'd think try to build/add to Walker and Russell get them one elite running mate to ball with. Those franchise need to see the light it's been years of disappointment those moves just added more years to it.

And I too felt disappointment I'm not getting the votes. I expected seeing more seeing I add an All star.

CsFan -- I don't hate your deal, just don't love it either.  You took a team with SG/SF perimeter strengths in a perimeter-driven league and you made it really deep in the frontcourt instead.  I personally think Marcus Morris is a 4, not a 3.  I think Boston is weak at the SG/SF positions now.  I know other csfans are low on him, but I'm a Gordon believer and my leash on him extends until early next seaon.

DefenseWinsChamps -- I like what you did for Charlotte.  I wouldn't be too proud of unloading Batum's contract because Charlotte isn't really a destination that's going to be able to put that cap space to use.  I like the plan to rebuild.  DSJ is a nice grab (although I think some are starting to question if he's really any good) and the unprotected picks are good.  I imagine people don't foresee those unprotected picks as landing that high with Doncic's eventual stardom ahead, but the rest of that team is old and the future holds a lot of uncertainty, so maybe they will be good.  Good job there.

Nets -- "unprotected" sounds a lot better than it is when you see where those picks will likely land.  Clearing space for 2 max sounds good, but we've seen that blow up before.  Two of your best players (Allen and Poetl) I'm skeptical if they can share the floor together.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 10:03:41 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Votes submitted and my favorite was Memphis.  What a way to get that reboot going.  I think JJJ can fit into a Lonzo Ball team well and those are 2 solid young players to build around.  Josh Richardson is a nice underrated young player.  I don't see Kyle Anderson fitting into a Lonzo Ball offense so will have to go.  But great work.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 10:05:24 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

CsFan -- I don't hate your deal, just don't love it either.  You took a team with SG/SF perimeter strengths in a perimeter-driven league and you made it really deep in the frontcourt instead.  I personally think Marcus Morris is a 4, not a 3.  I think Boston is weak at the SG/SF positions now.  I know other csfans are low on him, but I'm a Gordon believer and my leash on him extends until early next seaon.

DefenseWinsChamps -- I like what you did for Charlotte.  I wouldn't be too proud of unloading Batum's contract because Charlotte isn't really a destination that's going to be able to put that cap space to use.  I like the plan to rebuild.  DSJ is a nice grab (although I think some are starting to question if he's really any good) and the unprotected picks are good.  I imagine people don't foresee those unprotected picks as landing that high with Doncic's eventual stardom ahead, but the rest of that team is old and the future holds a lot of uncertainty, so maybe they will be good.  Good job there.

Nets -- "unprotected" sounds a lot better than it is when you see where those picks will likely land.  Clearing space for 2 max sounds good, but we've seen that blow up before.  Two of your best players (Allen and Poetl) I'm skeptical if they can share the floor together.

All good points. I wasn't mainly thinking about getting under the cap for Charlotte. They are still far away from that. I was just getting out of a bad contract and opening up playing time for young players.

I agree on Poetl, but that was about asset collection. Russel plays the same position as Lavert and Dinwiddie too. I picked Dinwiddie and Lavert going forward. To do that, I got vets (that I would hope to resign) and a pick. I got Poetl, the Tor 1st, and the Spurs 1st for Joe Harris. I thought that was great value.

The Brooklyn core going forward is Dinwiddie-Lavert-Allen-Musa-Kurucs, with Poetl and other role players. That's a pretty good young core. I can add two max contracts to that young core, or we could spend to get Tobias Harris or Kris Middleton or another mid-tier star.

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 10:06:12 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
Votes submitted and my favorite was Memphis.  What a way to get that reboot going.  I think JJJ can fit into a Lonzo Ball team well and those are 2 solid young players to build around.  Josh Richardson is a nice underrated young player.  I don't see Kyle Anderson fitting into a Lonzo Ball offense so will have to go.  But great work.

That's a good pick. I didn't pick them, but I thought they won both their trades with LA and Miami big time.

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 10:15:25 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I realize that I'm biased, but I'm shocked We got two first round picks and Poelt for Joe Harris. We also got off Crabbe's negative contract.
Well I too felt disappointment I'm not getting the votes. I expected seeing more seeing I add an All star.

I agree it's weaker in terms of depth but top 9 players production is most important. Due to screening as well as pick and roll with refs calling so many fouls I feel bigs are more important than wings to be deep at. As you need to absorb fouls. My nine with this trade would be

Guards=Irving, Smart, Rozier
X-Fowards= Tatum, Morris
Bigs=Griffin, Horford, Theis, Baynes.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:25:52 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
I realize that I'm biased, but I'm shocked We got two first round picks and Poelt for Joe Harris. We also got off Crabbe's negative contract.
Well I too felt disappointment I'm not getting the votes. I expected seeing more seeing I add an All star.

I agree it's weaker in terms of depth but top 9 players production is most important. Due to screening as well as pick and roll with refs calling so many fouls I feel bigs are more important than wings to be deep at. As you need to absorb fouls. My nine with this trade would be

X-Fowards= Tatum, Morris

I didn’t like that deal for the Celtics, mainly because they gave up way more than the pistons gave up to get him. Hayward, Brown, and the King’s pick is way more than Bradley’s expiring, Harris on one more year, and the clippers pick.

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 02:25:50 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

X-Fowards= Tatum, Morris

I didn’t like that deal for the Celtics, mainly because they gave up way more than the pistons gave up to get him. Hayward, Brown, and the King’s pick is way more than Bradley’s expiring, Harris on one more year, and the clippers pick.

Re: Poll: 2019 Mock Trade Deadline Winner (need more votes from the forum!!)
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 03:05:56 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
The real queation here is why isnt dallas getting more love.

Added a roy an allstar depth....

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 08:54:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

X-Fowards= Tatum, Morris

Way more? C's gave up two bench players and a 1st. Pistons gave up two starters a 1st and a 2nd. Brown is streaky in his overall play much like AB was. Hayward is a mess on a max deal while Harris was 25 and improving each year.

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2019, 04:25:35 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
Top 4. We will only keep the poll open a little longer. We need a few more votes to decide the winner.

Wizards Roster
G - Beal, Satoransky, Murray
W - Ariza, Walker IV, Green, McLemore, Brown
B - Giles, Bjelica, Randolph, Gasol, Bryant, Morris, Koufos
Added picks: 20 Det 2nd, 21 Mem 2nd
Lost picks:
Aggregate trades: Wall, Mahinmi, Porter, Howard for Murray, Walker, Koufus, McLemore, Giles, Bjelica, Randolph, Gasol, 2 2nds

Pacers
G: D.Russell, P.Mills, A.Holiday, E.Simner, V.Oladipo, C.Joseph, S.Hicks, D. Reed
W: D. McDermott, A.Crabbe, T. Young,
B: T. Leaf, K. O'Quinn, M. Turner, D. Sabonis
Added picks:
Lost picks: 2020 1st
Aggregate trades: Bogdonavic, Collison, Evans, Anigbogu, 1st, for Mills, Russell, Crabbe

Grizzles
G: Dragic, Ball, Carter
W: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn, Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
B: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe, Adebayo, Green, Noah
Added picks: 21 2nd
Lost Picks:
Aggregate trades: Gasol, Mack, Brooks, Conley, Rabb for KCP, Ball, Beasley, Dragic, Richardson, Adebayo, 1 2nd

Celtics
G: Irving, Rozier, Smart, Wanamaker
W: Tatum, Ojeleye, Robinson, Morris, Bird
B: Horford, Griffin, Williams, Baynes, Theis, Yabu
Added picks:
Lost picks: Kings 2019 1st (if #1 overall, the Pistons will instead receive the Sixers 2019 first round pick and the Clippers 2019 first round pick)
Aggregate trades: Hayward, Brown, 1 1st for Griffin, Robinson

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2019, 04:35:42 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I guess I'm not a big believer in Russell. He's fine, but I don't think he has a game that translates well to winning in the playoffs. He can't get to the rim. He can't defend. Given that he is in the last year of his rookie contract, getting players that could fill in for his production (Bogdon and Evans) and getting a 1st, while also getting off of Crabbe's contract was good value I thought. For example, in real life, the Knicks just used Porzingis to get off of two contracts totaling double the size of Crabbe's, but they got a prospect, expirings, and two firsts back. Russell is no where near the player Porzingis is, but I thought the value I got was similar.

The campaigning here is intense, you really want to win this one huh? Lol.

My thought process in the Russell trade was simple: I envisioned a high powered backcourt duo that could 1.) play together with D'Angelo's ability to shoot paired with Dipo's abiliy to get to the rim and their shared ballhanding skills 2.) spell each other, leaving one on the floor to be lynchpin of the offense while the other sits, therefore we never lose a capable scorer.

Russell - in the right environment - has grown significantly. He's emerged as an All-Star caliber player and he's only 22 years old, meaning there could be another level to be unlocked and we get his controlling rights. I don't feel like we lost much on the way out with Bogdon and Evans being unrestricted free agents. We're a playoff team so the 2020 pick is going to be in the 20s and the odds are against a player taken there becoming better than Russell.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

The campaigning here is intense, you really want to win this one huh? Lol.

My thought process in the Russell trade was simple: I envisioned a high powered backcourt duo that could 1.) play together with D'Angelo's ability to shoot paired with Dipo's abiliy to get to the rim and their shared ballhanding skills 2.) spell each other, leaving one on the floor to be lynchpin of the offense while the other sits, therefore we never lose a capable scorer.

Russell - in the right environment - has grown significantly. He's emerged as an All-Star caliber player and he's only 22 years old, meaning there could be another level to be unlocked and we get his controlling rights. I don't feel like we lost much on the way out with Bogdon and Evans being unrestricted free agents. We're a playoff team so the 2020 pick is going to be in the 20s and the odds are against a player taken there becoming better than Russell.

Well that was the Nets, who are no where close to winning. It's not really a campaign. I was just far more excited at the job I did, and far lower on the players i lost (Russel, Crabbe, Harris), than I guess what others think.

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 10:15:40 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
1st place: Defensewinschamps
2nd place: RJ87
With 7 votes, the Washington Wizards edged out the Indiana Pacers as the top team at the Mock trade deadline.

The Wizards started by trading John Wall and Dwight Howard's contract to the San Antonio Spurs for Pau Gasol (contract filler with a partially-guaranteed for next year), Dejoute Murray, and Lonnie Walker IV. In this move, they got a great defensive-minded, all-around young guard to pair with Beal and a prospect wing. They also got out of two bad contracts.

Then, the Wizards traded Otto Porter Jr. and Ian Mahinmi to the Kings for Kosta Koufus (salary filler), Ben McLemore (salary filler), Zach Randolph (salary filler), Nemanja Bjelica, Harry Giles, the 2020 Detroit 2nd round pick, and the 2021 Memphis 2nd round pick. This trade gave the Wizards Bjelica, a smart stretch four on a good contract and Giles, a young, unselfish big man prospect. The second round picks also project to be in the 30-40 range, and restocked the Wizards empty cupboard of 2nd round picks.

The Wizards have match rights on Tomas Satoransky and plan to keep him as a backcourt running mate with Bradley Beal. They also would like to resign Trevor Ariza to a long-term contract this off-season. This gives them a core of Murray-Satoransky-Beal-Giles-Bjelica-Ariza-Brown. Young, versatile, and unselfish. On top of that, these moves open up as much as 36 million dollars in cap space (more if Ariza doesn't resign) for free agents this off-season. They plan to offer Kevin Durant the max contract to come home to DC and build a championship contender. If Durant indicates he intends to sign elsewhere, and the Clippers or the Bucks balk at giving Harris or Middleton a max contract, the Wizards would gladly put it on the table to add an unselfish, versatile, sweet-shooting fringe-all-star on the wing to their young core.

The Indiana Pacers made two trades this deadline. The first one was pre-Oladipo injury and designed to get him some backcourt help at PG. I envisioned a high powered backcourt duo that could 1.) play together with D'Angelo's ability to shoot paired with Dipo's abiliy to get to the rim and their shared ballhanding skills 2.) either one could be the lynchpin of the offense while the other sits and we never lose fire power.

Would've been a beautiful pairing. Darn quad tendons.

Post-Oladipo injury, Pacers needed a veteran guard to help steer the ship and mentor Russell. Enter Patty Mills. He's a championship caliber guy who could provide offensive an spark. Given the severity of Dipo's injury, he may miss the beginning of next season and will take some time to return to form once he does return so there was a need to get a guard that was already under contract. Trading Darren Collison's expiring for Mills' similar cap commitment alleviates the need to invest big money in Collison.

Re: 2019 Mock Trade Deadline Winner Announcement
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 01:11:28 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Spurs definitely played a role in what Wizards achieved........and even worse now that Wall tore his Achilles slipping at home!!!!!  :o