Author Topic: Jon Lester's No Hitter  (Read 12726 times)

Re: Jon Lester 5/18.........
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 09:44:45 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Of all the guys on this team who needed something like this, Lester is the most deserving. This guy's been through and taken a lot of crap of late, and it's really awesome to see him accomplish something like this! Veritek's 4th no-hitter as well ... pretty sweet stuff, man! This is a good omen for the C's!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
WOOT! I love this guy. Whatta game.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 09:47:01 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I refused to open this topic until the game was over, but now that it is...wow!

This group of young pitchers just has incredible stuff.  They are still inconsistent, but Lester, Bucholtz, and even Masterson seem able to shut down anyone at any given time.

Too funny. someone else was announcing TP's for everyone before the final out. I guess you canceled him out.

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Ah those freakin Sox always manage to steal the headlines from everyone else  :P

His story just keeps getting better and better.  No-hitters are so nerve wracking to watch.  He did it in style finishing strong with all those Ks the last two innings.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
4 no hitters caught by Varitek!

I was wondering how many that was for Varitek. He's tied for the all time record now

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:50:49 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
I refused to open this topic until the game was over, but now that it is...wow!

This group of young pitchers just has incredible stuff.  They are still inconsistent, but Lester, Bucholtz, and even Masterson seem able to shut down anyone at any given time.

haha I was with you Chris I saw this post and refused to open it until he threw it for sure.  Glad to see Lester throw a no hitter.  He's been through alot and is one of my favorite Sox's players.  Couldn't have happened to a better guy. 

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

The Red Sox had gone my entire lifetime without one til Nomo got his no-no.  Really amazing how the fortunes have changed for this franchise.

Awesome night for Lester.  Loved the moment with Francona.

Though I have to say, those were some serious scrubs KC was lining up for the killin' tonight.
Yup

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Ah those freakin Sox always manage to steal the headlines from everyone else  :P

His story just keeps getting better and better.  No-hitters are so nerve wracking to watch.  He did it in style finishing strong with all those Ks the last two innings.

It sure beats the Matt Walsh crapola taking the spotlight off our Celtics. 
Yup

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 09:58:36 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Ah those freakin Sox always manage to steal the headlines from everyone else  :P

His story just keeps getting better and better.  No-hitters are so nerve wracking to watch.  He did it in style finishing strong with all those Ks the last two innings.

It sure beats the Matt Walsh crapola taking the spotlight off our Celtics. 

Amen to that! TP's for everyone on this page in honor of Lester's NH!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Jon Lester's No Hitter
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »

Offline witkin

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 10
Scribblers and Chris,
I'm so glad you helped Lester throw a no hitter. Your ability of not making posts in this thread has helped Lester throw a no-hitter.

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 09:59:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I wonder how many teams in major league history have ever had two of their starting pitchers be under the age of 25 and have no-hitters on their resume.

Simply amazing. And we could see more of these. Lester already had a 1 hitter through 8 innings earlier in the year that he got a no decision on.

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
Its funny how superstitious we get about sports, i was watching and wanted to post something but like some of you I thought I somehow had the ability to jinx it, and this is coming from someone who never believed in the curse.

I'm really happy for the kid and he deserves it

now which play was better; Ellsburys catch tonight or Pedroria's last season for Clay's no-no

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 10:12:21 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Cant even begin to explain how happy i am for him, he deserves this more than anyone in baseball.

Seriously though, him coming back from cancer then winning game 4 last year and now this. This is stuff that happens in movies, just unreal and that moment with him and Tito welling up is one of my favorite moments ever.

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 10:14:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The Red Sox had gone my entire lifetime without one til Nomo got his no-no.  Really amazing how the fortunes have changed for this franchise.

Awesome night for Lester.  Loved the moment with Francona.

Though I have to say, those were some serious scrubs KC was lining up for the killin' tonight.

That's true but 22 years later people talk about how Clemens struck out 20 in one game. They never mention the fact that the Seattle team he was facing were made up of a group of free swinging strikeout prone hitters and a bunch of nobodies that went nowhere. That team was awful. As was the Tigers team Clemens got his second 20 strikeout game versus.

History remembers the accomplishment not the quality of the foe.

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 10:18:21 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Its funny how superstitious we get about sports, i was watching and wanted to post something but like some of you I thought I somehow had the ability to jinx it, and this is coming from someone who never believed in the curse.

I'm really happy for the kid and he deserves it

now which play was better; Ellsburys catch tonight or Pedroria's last season for Clay's no-no

I'd probably have to say Pedroria's play last season was better. He made an amazing play and got right back on his feet and threw out the runner.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6