Author Topic: Now this is messed up! (Yankees fan kills Red Sox fan)  (Read 8777 times)

Now this is messed up! (Yankees fan kills Red Sox fan)
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:24:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Re: Now this is messed up! (Yankees fan kills Red Sox fan)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 03:55:43 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yankees (fans) suck!

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 03:59:51 PM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
That's horrible!
 :'(

"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »

Offline BrettF09

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
C'mon Roy, you chanting Yankees suck..according to the article, that's what instigated the psycho to mow the Sox fans down..it's unneccessary and childish.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 04:38:03 PM »

Offline chrismihm

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
um theres nothing wrong with chanting yankees suck.  its sports.  its psycho that that made the guyirl kill someone.  its childish that she let someone saying yankees suck make her flip out that much.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
C'mon Roy, you chanting Yankees suck..according to the article, that's what instigated the psycho to mow the Sox fans down..it's unneccessary and childish.

1) It was a joke, directed at Yankees fans;

2) What instigated the psycho fan was...  the fact that she's insane.  Drinking + insanity usually leads to bad results. 

I hope she gets life in prison, whether she acted intentionally or criminally negligently.  However, as you said, she's a psycho.  I'm pretty sure that repeating the "Yankees suck" chant isn't going to lead to too many further homicides, especially on Celticsblog.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 05:05:19 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
This happens all the time in Brazil.  There are buses of fans that goes to an away game, and if their bus gets broken down in "enemy territory", then there's trouble.  My hometown has a stadium that'll have games from other teams for a cheaper fee, so we always have games from the region, and on the way back to the city, there has been some real crap going down, mostly fans getting beat up (20 fans on 5) and sometimes it leads to death.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 05:20:35 PM »

Offline meesho33

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
The sad part is this happened in my hometown - when I saw the headline, I would have bet a million bucks it would have been a yankee fan that was killed. 

Very sad.  Hope they throw away the key.

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

they were words...nothing else.  That is NEVER justification fo violence of any sort, never mind murder. 

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 07:01:17 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Clearly this lady had some deeper issues than just a childish hatred of the Red Sox.

Luckily she's going to prison for life now and is off the streets. A sad and unnecessary story.

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 07:29:46 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I was just wondering if anyone saw that fight posted on quite a few websites of the yankee and red sox fan fighting in the stands at yankee stadium. It was ridiculous cause the Yankee fan was clearly the aggressor. He was just punching the red sox fan on the head and in the face while the red sox fan was just sitting in his seat. Then the sox fan finally had enough and got up and pushed the guy off of him. Needless to say the yankee fan fell over a railing and security came and of course man handles the sox fan when he was the one being assualted and was only defending himself. The cops looked like they arrested only the sox fan too it was so riculous. Its like after weve one these last two championships its now the yankees fans who are bitter Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.s.

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »

Offline VinBakersBartender

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
This is such a horrible story. I went to HS with the kid who unfortunaly lost his life. He was a year ahead of me. His nickname was Toasty. Solid kid. I didnt know him all that well because it was a huge HS but what I did know of him he was a fun loving guy, who didt have a mean bone in his body.

From what I heard nothing happened inside the bar but as soon as everyone piled out they saw the psychos car and thats when the chant started...terrible
"The only time I want to talk to a woman when I'm naked is if I'm on top of her or she's on top of me."
-- Former Tigers pitcher Jack Morris on female sportswriters

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 08:34:31 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I was just wondering if anyone saw that fight posted on quite a few websites of the yankee and red sox fan fighting in the stands at yankee stadium. It was ridiculous cause the Yankee fan was clearly the aggressor. He was just punching the red sox fan on the head and in the face while the red sox fan was just sitting in his seat. Then the sox fan finally had enough and got up and pushed the guy off of him. Needless to say the yankee fan fell over a railing and security came and of course man handles the sox fan when he was the one being assualted and was only defending himself. The cops looked like they arrested only the sox fan too it was so riculous. Its like after weve one these last two championships its now the yankees fans who are bitter ****s.

I saw that too, it was awesome when he fell off the ledge though because he was clearly a jerk. I almost got into a fight when I was at Yankee stadium last, couple of drunk guys in the stands didn't like the fact that I had on my Red Sox hat considering they we're playing the Marlins. I wasn't about to walk into Yankee stadium without it though.