Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Heat (2-1) ECF Game #4 9/23/20  (Read 49605 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Heat (2-1) ECF Game #4 9/23/20
« Reply #1020 on: September 24, 2020, 07:43:56 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
FRUSTRATING GAME!!!

Spoelstra with the adjustment and CBS overadjusting. It didn’t work Brad. Sorry.

Kanter worked so well and Grant was playing well but we don’t see them at all. Was Iguodala gonna kill us? Was it Solomon Hill? Also, why go away from Brown’s driving game? Why revert to Tatum playmaking? And again, why stop playing Grant? He’s a great matchup against the Heat and he’s been on fire from downtown (mainly open corner threes which we were getting against their D). Definitely better than Semi’s pathetic 4minutes.

What difference does 4 min make? It’s the length of an OT. Wouldn’t we have loved an extra 4 min down the stretch.

No one was stopping Herro tonight but I don’t think that’s why we lost. It was poor, lazy offense highlighted by turnovers. The score was a lot closer than the game actually was. We were down 9 with like a minute to go. That we got it down to 3 is a testament to the talent we have.

- LilRip

« Reply #1021 on: September 24, 2020, 07:46:47 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just can't win with 19 turnovers.

On to game 5.

Exactly.  The Celtics did not play well enough to win.  And it wasn't like Miami played great (other than Herro).  Everyone shares the blame for this but it was more about the players than the coach.  The Celtics missed a major opportunity.

« Reply #1022 on: September 24, 2020, 07:57:51 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
All I can think of is the Heat drafted a stud in Herro and one pick later we got a guy who's made of glass and can't shoot.

It's always like this...first Giannis and now Herro. Frustrating

It is not always like this.  You guys are over-reacting to a terrible loss (understandably).  If it was "always" like this, we would have drafted Markelle Fultz.  That is just one really obvious example.  Drafting is a crap shoot, especially these days when the players are 19 years old.  No one could have predicted that Herro would play like Steph Curry in a playoff game.  Teams get lucky in the draft sometimes.

I am drained and frustrated with this terrible loss too.  A major missed opportunity that the Celtics pist away with 19 turnovers and generally bad shooting.  Terrible game that they still almost got back into.  They just weren't up to the moment but this is how good teams learn, how young players develop.  What Herro did is very rare in the NBA.

« Reply #1023 on: September 24, 2020, 08:14:25 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
1.1 seconds is enough time to not do a hail mary pass.  Give it someone in the back court...three dribble for a half court heave...even closer if you can get it to someone around half court...

The game was already lost...would it be cool to win on a half court heave? Sure. But pretty trivial thing to pick at...they’ve gotten some good looks on some Hail Mary passes and just simply missed a shot...no problem with it
I think hes referring to the fact that we had 1.1 seconds and were down 3 points and theis for some reason chucked it into the paint when we needed a 3. I was scratching my head as well. Now there definitely wasnt enough time to get 3 dribbles and a shot off but we most certainly could have gotten at least a 3pt attempt. Look at game 2 smart threw it to tatum at the 3pt line and he almost got a decent shot off.
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #1024 on: September 24, 2020, 08:36:40 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I wonder if guys like Herro and Duncan Robinson would have such big games if the fans were there. I wonder if fans would actually impact a game like that. Most likely not because Herro looks like he's got no fear but maybe, just maybe, that fear creeps in if the fans are loud enough.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #1025 on: September 24, 2020, 08:56:24 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wonder if guys like Herro and Duncan Robinson would have such big games if the fans were there. I wonder if fans would actually impact a game like that. Most likely not because Herro looks like he's got no fear but maybe, just maybe, that fear creeps in if the fans are loud enough.

Herro doesn't seem affected by the moment at all. I said it on Reddit, but this must be how teams felt about Rozier in the 2018 playoffs. The guy has the ability to go off from deep, hit from mid-range, and take it to the hoop; but usually not consistently.

And, no this is not a slight on Rozier. Tylerry Rozierro is probably a pretty good comp for him moving forward. And I have to believe this because seeing him as a perennial all-star would hurt too much, knowing how close we were to grabbing him.

« Reply #1026 on: September 24, 2020, 11:03:31 AM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Herro was a -4 last night in +/-.  Shows you how worthless a single game stat that can be.

« Reply #1027 on: September 24, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Anyone else notice that Spo abused Walker last night?

Its the same thing Nurse pulled last series

It didn't matter who Walker tried to guard.  That person walked up to set the pick,   with Walker switching onto Dragic or Herro

I like Walker but his defensive shortcomings has been a constant nightmare

« Reply #1028 on: September 24, 2020, 02:27:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny grilled this morning.  These guys not shy are they

https://985thesportshub.com/episodes/celtics-gm-danny-ainge-the-stack-hour-4/

« Reply #1029 on: September 24, 2020, 02:38:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Those idiots also don't have the first clue about the NBA.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1030 on: September 24, 2020, 02:53:52 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

Herro doesn't seem affected by the moment at all. I said it on Reddit, but this must be how teams felt about Rozier in the 2018 playoffs. The guy has the ability to go off from deep, hit from mid-range, and take it to the hoop; but usually not consistently.

And, no this is not a slight on Rozier. Tylerry Rozierro is probably a pretty good comp for him moving forward. And I have to believe this because seeing him as a perennial all-star would hurt too much, knowing how close we were to grabbing him.

Rozier is a terrible comp for Herro. Herro has way more finesse and offensive skill than him. Rozier is just an athlete.

« Reply #1031 on: September 24, 2020, 02:56:59 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
There's no world in which Smart should not have been guarding Herro in the 4th.

He was.

« Reply #1032 on: September 24, 2020, 02:58:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Anyone else notice that Spo abused Walker last night?

Its the same thing Nurse pulled last series

It didn't matter who Walker tried to guard.  That person walked up to set the pick,   with Walker switching onto Dragic or Herro

I like Walker but his defensive shortcomings has been a constant nightmare

It's even worse when they don't give him that charge call when guys just run over him.

« Reply #1033 on: September 24, 2020, 05:45:07 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Ainge dogging a lot.  Good for them.  If your players are young mentally it’s up to the coach to find that motivation

« Reply #1034 on: September 24, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Those idiots also don't have the first clue about the NBA.
lol

I hate the fact that they literally fart while on the air with ainge there. What a classy professional station