Poll

What do you think:  Are Celtic players, staff and media checking CelticsBlog?

Nah, it's just us diehards
12 (29.3%)
Sometimes, but think that they are "above this"
16 (39%)
They are trolling on a regular basis
7 (17.1%)
They are amongst us and actively posting
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: (Poll) Do Celtics Players and Media types read CelticsBlog?  (Read 11345 times)

Re: (Poll) Do Celtics Players and Media types read CelticsBlog?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
I knew it!  I knew that all the celtics moves were based on what I wrote in the threads.  I had a feeling all along that Wyc comes on daily to check what Prof. Clutch has in mind.  I didn't have any way to prove it, but now I do.

Well, I have to say - you are all welcome.

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 06:04:51 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
if anyone from the Celtics organization is reading this - hire me for a PR/Marketing job - just think about it, squirrels, orange dinosaurs, super off topic-off topic, the creativity doesn't end

I can also be an emergency point-forward...

just kidding...I play the 2 =)

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
if anyone from the Celtics organization is reading this - hire me for a PR/Marketing job - just think about it, squirrels, orange dinosaurs, super off topic-off topic, the creativity doesn't end

I can also be an emergency point-forward...

just kidding...I play the 2 =)

without a doubt, "Squirrels, orange dinosaurs & the SOT OTT" beats the cr*p they put up on the Jumbotron and the t-shirt gun.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 06:29:50 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
So Ainge is not a fan of celticsblog. No wonder he picked POB over Birdman, Giddens over Chalmers, Tony Allen over Barnes/Ross and told Powe to beat it. We should try a different approach...hmm... Danny do not sign Sheed, Baby, and Grant Hill!

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 07:18:55 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
You know I wish honestly that they were.  It would be the greatest way for players/admin/media types to know exactly what we real fans think and feel.  But i just can't believe that they are actually a part of this board.  I think it would be too difficult for them to hold back revealing themselves.  I think their true personalities would come out in there posts.

I consider celticsblog to be one of the most reputable places to go for opinions on celtics stuff, i just don't think they do unfortunately.
I think they already know what we think and feel. We are all over the place in our opinions.

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 07:41:23 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Danny: not so much - kind gets a scrunched up face when people talk about it
players: don't really know, probably once in a while

Does that mean I have to change my sig to "Danny Ainge doesn´t read Celticsblog...that often"?

Wyc is a big fan, he's done a few interviews for us and emailed me to point out mistakes on a couple of occasions (sometimes in less than an hour)

...and now I´m embarrased. 

Wyc, whatever I may have said, I love you, man.  :P
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
You know I wish honestly that they were.  It would be the greatest way for players/admin/media types to know exactly what we real fans think and feel.  But i just can't believe that they are actually a part of this board.  I think it would be too difficult for them to hold back revealing themselves.  I think their true personalities would come out in there posts.

I consider celticsblog to be one of the most reputable places to go for opinions on celtics stuff, i just don't think they do unfortunately.
I think they already know what we think and feel. We are all over the place in our opinions.

How exactly do they know what the fans are thinking?  They know what the media thinks, and I guess you could make the case that the media's opinion drives a lot of fans opinions.

But Celticsblog is as good as it gets.  Only crazy people like us come on here and show this much devotion.  You want to really know what's going on in the fans mind, there is no better place to find it than here, IMHO.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 07:50:08 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Thanks for the insight Jeff, it's really fun to know that the Celtics staff is reading CB. I will know look differently at the boards, knowing that Wyc is a big reader of it. ;D

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I read Celticsblog... And I know a guy who's friends with some chick who had dinner with another girl at her friend's baby shower and her friend's baby is friends with another baby's father, who know's some people who once went to a Celtics game met Donnie Whalberg, and after the game they all went to some Deli right outside of Boston, where they saw a taxi cab driver who once drove a guy who took a picture with Al Jefferson, and that same exact guy happens to be a seson ticket holder and went to the annual ticket holder's BBQ where he met someone who says that he MIGHT know someone who said that the Celtics staff reads this blog and uses it to make trades.

Now the point I'm trying to make is that if it wasn't for the guy taking a picture with Al Jefferson, and saying how much he loved meeting Al, we never would have traded him for KG, because Wyc is a vengeful owner who likes to drink the sweet milk of the fanbases tears, by either trading players we love, or not trading for players we love. He uses Celticsblog to do so.

Yea, that sounds about right.

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

How exactly do they know what the fans are thinking?  They know what the media thinks, and I guess you could make the case that the media's opinion drives a lot of fans opinions.

But Celticsblog is as good as it gets.  Only crazy people like us come on here and show this much devotion.  You want to really know what's going on in the fans mind, there is no better place to find it than here, IMHO.
Taken as a whole, the fans want every available free agent except Mikki Moore and want to trade TA, Giddens, Walker, and Scal for every player in the league.

The fans also agree and disagree with every trade, signing, and coaching move.

That's what they know. They know the opinions are all over the place and cover almost every possibility.

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 11:18:54 AM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
I bet they are reading today!

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I always wish that question would be asked when we do get to interview someone (e.g., Bill Russell).  It's interesting to see how the Blog fits in.

I've always thought that the Blog is like a running "focus group," and that someone in the C's organization keeps tabs on it for that very reason. 

If Danny just had an ordinary job, you KNOW he wouldn't scruch up his face when the Blog comes up.  He'd probably be one of the most frequent, and most obnoxously contentious, posters. ;)
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I hope the media starts reading the Salary Cap FAQ. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 11:39:47 AM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
I hope the media starts reading the Salary Cap FAQ. ;)

You could become the Bill James of the Celts...