Author Topic: CB Draft Playoff Seeding - Results Thread  (Read 13881 times)

Re: CB Draft Playoff Seeding - Results Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2008, 08:13:52 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Very surprised here. I think Denver ended up higher than they were suppose to be. I didn't think they were a good enough team to make the playoffs either. No disrespect to zerophase.

Shocked that Houston didn't make the playoffs. Minnesota 7th seed? Surprised about that, too.

Playoffs seeding should be like this, IMO.

1. Portland
2. Golden State
3. Dallas
4. Houston
5. Minnesota
6. Los Angeles
7. Utah
8. San Antonio

believe me, i'm shocked that i was 6th seed... i actually thought i would be 8th or something. i think however people are sleeping on san antonio. any team that has chris paul is a team that has my vote. i voted him very highly- its like the kobe factor in my book. i'm not as "shocked" as others about houston; surprised possibly but not shocked. all the teams are actually very well made and the bottom playoff spots are basically tossups.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Very surprised here. I think Denver ended up higher than they were suppose to be. I didn't think they were a good enough team to make the playoffs either. No disrespect to zerophase.

Shocked that Houston didn't make the playoffs. Minnesota 7th seed? Surprised about that, too.

1. Portland
2. Golden State
3. Dallas
4. Houston
5. Minnesota
6. Los Angeles
7. Utah
8. San Antonio

Is that how you voted or think it should have ended up? 

Mine looks like this:

1. Portland
2. Golden State
3. Dallas
4. Los Angeles
5. Utah
6. Phoenix
7. Minnesota
8. Houston

However as I see it my 4-8 could cleary be in any order as they are all quality teams. 

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

1. Portland
2. Golden State
3. Dallas
4. Houston
5. Minnesota
6. Los Angeles
7. Utah
8. San Antonio

Is that how you voted or think it should have ended up? 

Mine looks like this:

1. Portland
2. Golden State
3. Dallas
4. Los Angeles
5. Utah
6. Phoenix
7. Minnesota
8. Houston

However as I see it my 4-8 could cleary be in any order as they are all quality teams. 

That's how I thought it should've ended up. No disrespect to you, but I think Minny and Houston are both better than your squad.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
As for the rest, I just don't believe OKC is the second worst team in the West, and Angry Pickles get my vote for most cheated.

Out of curiosity where do you think the Angry Pickles should have finished?

I'm a Denver fan.  I think their pieces fit nicely (whereas a team like Toronto has better players, but I don't think their players complement each other well).  They are thin at Center, but besides that, I think they're a good team.  Bibby is still a playoff caliber point guard (off the top of my head I would say top 15 easy, but that's without much thought).  Bell is 2nd Team All Defense.  Jefferson is borderline All-Star talent, and Brand is a very nice cornerstone.  Millsap is a Powe/Big Baby/Maxiell type player off the bench and with what Moon showed last year starting for the Raptors I think he would be a Posey type 6th man for Denver (and we all know how important those type of players can be).  No knuckleheads (despite Bibby running his mouth recently) and their players complement each other well.  I see a team that would have good chemistry and would play well together.  I definitely think they're a playoff team.

woo! support! TP!

Become Legendary.