Author Topic: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?  (Read 19975 times)

Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?
« on: April 18, 2018, 12:23:06 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Trader Danny is looking smarter all the time for refusing to trade Rozier, who looks more and more like a he could be a fringe-all-star type offensive point guard who is well above average on defense.

His play since the beginning of March has taken my mind to a weird place - a place where Kyrie is expendable.  Is he?  What if we could package him with some other assets (NOT Jaylen or Jason) to get Anthony Davis?  Just imagine this lineup:

Anthony Davis
Al Horford
Jason Tatum/Gordon Hayward
Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier

You would have 5 guys who can switch everything, shoot the three, create their own shot, pass the ball, and are ALL at least plus-defenders. 

Or imagine

Horford
Tatum
Kahwi/Hayward
Brown
Rozier

The prospects of what our DEFENSE would look like is tantalizing to me.  If you could move him to help get a two-way star like AD or Kahwi, would you do it?  Are you comfortable with Rozier being the PG on a finals team?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:08:11 PM by Roy H. »

Re: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:26:12 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Isn't it a bit soon to declare an established all NBA player expandable because Smart's backup played very good against the bucks ?

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Um, no.  Kyrie is a legit star while Rozier, this series aside, is a borderline NBA starter.  Grand Canyon sized gap between the two.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:30:13 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
Rozier's Stats in March:

33.4 Minutes
.418 3p%   
.778 FT%   
5.2 Rebounds
4.2 Assists
1.2 Steals
17.2 Points

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 12:31:30 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
I guess here's the question I'm asking:

Kyrie or Rozier + another star wing/big?

Um, no.  Kyrie is a legit star while Rozier, this series aside, is a borderline NBA starter.  Grand Canyon sized gap between the two.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:31:35 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I think Rozier is earning himself a nice little contract for a team that desperately needs a starting PG with his recent play.
That being said we keep Kyrie.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 12:33:22 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
Even if you could move Kyrie for someone like AD or KL?

I think Rozier is earning himself a nice little contract for a team that desperately needs a starting PG with his recent play.
That being said we keep Kyrie.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 12:35:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Trader Danny is looking smarter all the time for refusing to trade Rozier, who looks more and more like a he could be a fringe-all-star type offensive point guard who is well above average on defense.

His play since the beginning of March has taken my mind to a weird place - a place where Kyrie is expendable.  Is he?  What if we could package him with some other assets (NOT Jaylen or Jason) to get Anthony Davis?  Just imagine this lineup:

Anthony Davis
Al Horford
Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier

You would have 5 guys who can switch everything, shoot the three, create their own shot, pass the ball, and are ALL at least plus-defenders. 

Or imagine

Horford
Tatum
Kahwi/Hayward
Brown
Rozier

The prospects of what our DEFENSE would look like is tantalizing to me.  If you could move him to help get a two-way star like AD or Kahwi, would you do it?  Are you comfortable with Rozier being the PG on a finals team?

I knew someone would prop up this question

IF Rozier leads/significant factor to help this team win a championship

the answer is yes

But there is 1 percent chance of this happening

Even if the Celts make it to the finals and lose.... Kyrie will always be considered the #1 option as he has lead/won a championship in the past

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 12:36:02 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

Anthony Davis
Al Horford
Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier

Or imagine

Horford
Tatum
Kahwi/Hayward
Brown
Rozier

What? Ha! Wow.
Rozier's play is gonna earn him some coin on a bad team with a lot of cap space.  Hence Danny will trade him whilst he can get something back for him of value, especially if he can keep Smart at a fraction of the cost.

Kyrie is an all world NBA talent who has yet to enter his prime, and possesses an elite skill at which he might be the best player on the planet at (ball handling).

The only way Rozier stays on this team is if he's willing to take a hometown discount.  Young guys don't do that. There will come a time where a veteran takes a hometown discount to play under Brad (Morris, maybe.  Monroe??, Horford??), but young guys, off rookie contracts, go and get theres.   

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:40 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Yeah.

Rosier makes Rozier expendable.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Anthony Davis
Al Horford
Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier

Or imagine

Horford
Tatum
Kahwi/Hayward
Brown
Rozier

What? Ha! Wow.
Rozier's play is gonna earn him some coin on a bad team with a lot of cap space.  Hence Danny will trade him whilst he can get something back for him of value, especially if he can keep Smart at a fraction of the cost.

Kyrie is an all world NBA talent who has yet to enter his prime, and possesses an elite skill at which he might be the best player on the planet at (ball handling).

The only way Rozier stays on this team is if he's willing to take a hometown discount.  Young guys don't do that. There will come a time where a veteran takes a hometown discount to play under Brad (Morris, maybe.  Monroe??, Horford??), but young guys, off rookie contracts, go and get theres.

The thing though is... I don't think Kyrie could have done any better in game 1 and 2.  Especially on the defensive end where Terry has the edge anyways

But this remarkable play has only started and not sure if it can continue.  Especially against much better teams than Bucks

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Don't tempt me with A Davis deal

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 12:39:46 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
Good call  I actually mistakenly thought he was a RFA this summer.  The fact that we have another year of him under his rookie deal makes him a really valuable asset.  Kyrie's health worries me A LOT, but I think this is the move to make.

[/quote]
[/quote]

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Don't tempt me with A Davis deal

Davis and Pelicans are playing well right now. He is not going anywhere unless they lose 4 straight to the blazers or get cleaned up next round

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 12:48:40 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Really???  No Rozier makes Rozier expendable by being a top of the line asset that will be used to continue the youth movement.  I wish Terry was ok being an elite 6th man but he wants to start and will be given the chance to do so.  No way DA does not capitalize on his high value moving him to obtain that elusive big they need.  I love Scary Terry but no way he resigns nor can the C's afford him.