Author Topic: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread  (Read 129541 times)

Re: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread
« Reply #570 on: January 08, 2019, 11:28:04 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Phoenix without Booker beats the Kings 115-111

« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2019, 11:36:58 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Shout-out to Kelly Oubre, and also WCS for missing those FTs
Fouling up three paid off...  :D

Record 20-21, tied for 12th with MIN and UTA

« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2019, 11:55:46 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
We need the kings to keep losing because I’m starting to doubt that Grizzlies pick will convey, its top 8 protected and they’re looking real bad.

« Reply #573 on: January 09, 2019, 05:40:58 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Phoenix without Booker beats the Kings 115-111

Very nice. Teams in the East are so bad that I think the pick could drop at best to 8-10 (before the lottery).

Today in the Eastern Conference all teams (except the top 5) have lost their last game!

There's an imaginary wall between the 5 good teams and the rest. 

« Reply #574 on: January 09, 2019, 06:11:33 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
We need the kings to keep losing because I’m starting to doubt that Grizzlies pick will convey, its top 8 protected and they’re looking real bad.
Grizzlies pick is right where we want it, rolling over would be fantastic in my opinion but if we do get it this year we need it to be top ten we have so many picks another teens pick does little to move the needle.

If that Griz pick rolls over I think all of a sudden it becomes more than a throw in to an AD deal but becomes a pretty big asset, maybe one that allows us to substitute Tatum with a Brown and Williams, especially if the Kings pick could get into the 10 area. Depends if the Pelicans have interest in a 5 year full rebuild or if they want a quick reshuffle and try to make the playoffs in 2-3.

« Reply #575 on: January 09, 2019, 08:08:50 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Grizzlies pick is right where we want it, rolling over would be fantastic in my opinion but if we do get it this year we need it to be top ten we have so many picks another teens pick does little to move the needle.

If that Griz pick rolls over I think all of a sudden it becomes more than a throw in to an AD deal but becomes a pretty big asset, maybe one that allows us to substitute Tatum with a Brown and Williams, especially if the Kings pick could get into the 10 area. Depends if the Pelicans have interest in a 5 year full rebuild or if they want a quick reshuffle and try to make the playoffs in 2-3.
I’d rather trade Tatum than Brown plus Williams.

« Reply #576 on: January 09, 2019, 10:55:07 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Kings trying to get Enes Katner
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #577 on: January 09, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Season half over and the Kings are 20-21. Really impressive for them.

The positive for us is that in the West, that still puts them in the lottery.

The other good news is that they've lost 5 of their last 6 and maybe this is the tumble a lot of us have been expecting. This is the part of a long NBA season where one might expect a young team to start losing some focus. Hopefully that's what we see and the pick winds up in the top 8.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #578 on: January 09, 2019, 12:21:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

The other good news is that they've lost 5 of their last 6 and maybe this is the tumble a lot of us have been expecting. This is the part of a long NBA season where one might expect a young team to start losing some focus. Hopefully that's what we see and the pick winds up in the top 8.
we can hope especially with the loss to the Suns.  That was the one game they've lost where you question the loss a bit. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #579 on: January 09, 2019, 12:25:04 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

I feel like Williams becomes pretty expendable if we got Davis. This means its trading Jaylen or Tatum from our perspective. So even though I consider myself the leader of the Jaylen brown fan club, I would still rather move Jaylen if we got to keep Tatum.
#JKJB

« Reply #580 on: January 09, 2019, 12:46:08 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Just saw that on twitter, aren't they loaded upfront?

« Reply #581 on: January 09, 2019, 12:52:43 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

we can hope especially with the loss to the Suns.  That was the one game they've lost where you question the loss a bit.

Especially since Booker didn’t play for the Suns.

« Reply #582 on: January 09, 2019, 12:56:35 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Just saw that on twitter, aren't they loaded upfront?

I think that Vlade's answer to every problem is to bring in another big.

« Reply #583 on: January 09, 2019, 01:06:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I feel like Williams becomes pretty expendable if we got Davis. This means its trading Jaylen or Tatum from our perspective. So even though I consider myself the leader of the Jaylen brown fan club, I would still rather move Jaylen if we got to keep Tatum.

I would not be so glib.  Williams has great upside especially on the defensive end.  Especially as Horford gets older. And it's not like we will have a shortage of scoring, with Kyrie and Davis getting 45-50/Per Game, you still have Horford, Hayward, Brown and bench filler to supplement.  I'm not as high on Tatum's upside as others here. I frankly still think the jury is out as to who will be a better overall player in the NBA long term, Tatum or Brown. Brown's biggest drawback is his poor free throw shooting. I could see Danny wanting to hold onto Williams, the way he insisted on keeping Rondo during the KG trade with Minn.

« Reply #584 on: January 09, 2019, 01:18:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
kings have a 6 game road trip coming up through the east coast. Games against Toronto, Detroit, Clippers and Brooklyn. I think I will finally make my decision on where they will end up after that road trip. In the mean time would really like them to lose at least one of their three upcoming home games. This sun game was a bonus.