Author Topic: Fantasy Trade Opinion  (Read 3465 times)

Fantasy Trade Opinion
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Ok, I've been offered this trade:

Andre Iguodala & Allen Iverson

for

Gerald Wallace & Brandon Roy

My initial thought was to accept it, what with the injury issues of both of my players, but there's a chance that if both stay fit, they'll have better seasons than the two AI's.

Feedback would be appreciated and TP worthy.

Re: Fantasy Trade Opinion
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I had Wallace last year.  He killed my season.

He is one hit to the head away from being done in the NBA. 

Take the trade. 

P.s.  If AI ends up in Detroit, his numbers will probably go up since there is no Melo taking half the shots.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd probably take the trade also.  The injury concerns would have me troubled.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

for

My initial thought was to accept it, what with the injury issues of both of my players, but there's a chance that if both stay fit, they'll have better seasons than the two AI's.

if iverson goes to detroit, i think this trade gets even better, because he's going to have to score even more than he does now. iggy i've never been to impressed with, fantasy wise.

I'd probley take it, Iverson is going to get a ton of points in detorit, and iggy will get you some of that plus some boards and assists. It does stink losing roy, but i think its worth rolling the dice.

wallace and roy are great though, is this a keeper league?

if its a keeper league, i would keep the young guys. if its a one shot, i would probley take it, but A.I is a non- celtic binky of mine, so i may not be entirely unbiased there. :)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 03:51:14 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah, unless this is a keeper league, take the trade.  You'll lose a little bit in blocks, and a very small number of rebounds, but this trade helps you almost everywhere else, I think.  Points, assists, steals you come out ahead.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Thanks guys, I'm going to accept it I think, I'm just hoping he doesn't change his mind suddenly.

I gave you all a TP for the feedback, appreciated.

Oh, it's not a keeper league, which is why I'm even more tempted to roll the dice.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 03:57:40 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Thanks guys, I'm going to accept it I think, I'm just hoping he doesn't change his mind suddenly.

Oh, it's not a keeper league, which is why I'm even more tempted to roll the dice.

I would not. I'm not for sure how AI's #'s will look in Detroit. Also, G-Wallace is a fantasy beast depending on how many categories you are playing.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I would not. I'm not for sure how AI's #'s will look in Detroit. Also, G-Wallace is a fantasy beast depending on how many categories you are playing.

if he's healthy, thats the problem.

and AI should increse in scoring, Rip can't create his own offense, so AI will have to score.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

if he's healthy, thats the problem.

and AI should increse in scoring, Rip can't create his own offense, so AI will have to score.

9 categories. Problem is, I can see Wallace getting injured soon and Roy has had injury problems. Thanks though Chief.

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153

for

Dear Celticmaestro,

Make/accept that trade offer ASAP!

Here's why:

Gerrald Wallace and Brandon Roy are injury prone (not that it hasn't been mentioned before, lol).

But seriously, with the Bobcats destined for a suck-tastic season, I'm sure Wallace will be going down or tanking it sooner rather than later. His unhappiness in Charlotte + his injury history = trade him.

Brandon Roy - man do I love his game, but that ankle issue has me worried about him big time.

Make/accept the offer!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I never did accept that trade, something told me the AI's weren't worth it. I'll probably regret it but at the moment I'm kinda glad I declined.

I just boosted everyone with another TP though for your original input.