Author Topic: Nets (34-28) at Celtics (45-18) Game #64 3/3/23  (Read 10034 times)

Re: Nets (34-28) at Celtics (45-18) Game #64 3/3/23
« Reply #450 on: March 04, 2023, 10:05:37 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Btw, in case anyone misses nick or wondered where he went. I found him in CelticsBlog SBNation. Saw him made a comment in the latest thread of C's blowing game to the Nets lol.

Why did he.leave in the first place?

Yeah I've seen him on Celticsblog for a while (SB Nation), I commented on a few of his posts but he didn't reply (but to be fair I replied to them hours after he posted so maybe he just didn't check it again).

I think he left because he was getting upset on certain discussions involving both politics here (Current Events) and also Jaylen Brown. I still hope he returns one day. I miss him

To be fair, you’d think we have a lottery team with the commentary on this board. Embarrassing.

Haha yeah. There are times where without checking the score, I'll go on Reddit and the GDT here and reading both of their boards/commentary, you'd think we're down 20. But we're actually up 20  :laugh:

My favorite takes:

-Jaylen doesn’t help the Celtics win
-Joe M is a bad coach
-The Celtics are poorly constructed
-We need to focus on getting a 15th man to win a ring

Can’t make this stuff up!

« Reply #451 on: March 04, 2023, 10:12:33 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
More complete quote from ESPN post game ....

"But even as the Celtics took that 37-15 lead after the first quarter, coach Joe Mazzulla was concerned with how the game was going -- in particular that Brooklyn was getting up more 3s than Boston early on.

"I was actually worried because we were scoring, but it wasn't because we were making shots," Mazzulla said. "It was because we were getting layups. And they are a very analytically sound team. And so I knew the tide was going to shift because they were going to continue to shoot 3s, and if we didn't play at a level of shooting 3s and getting offensive rebounds and taking care of the ball, that was going to cost us."
"

Some of these comments this guy makes, I'm wondering, Can you believe he just said that ?

I've stated previously and been criticized for it, Celts will not win a title with Mazzulla as our head coach.

I think the point is that We were getting easy buckets due to bad Defense, not due to good offense. I think that is what Joe was trying to say. He didn’t see that it would sustain. And he was right.  The Nets tightened up their defense and then took over the game.

« Reply #452 on: March 04, 2023, 10:20:35 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Smart hasn't been that great since the Break either. In fact, this was the 2nd time in a week where he was essentially benched for a good chunk of the 2nd half after struggling and losing his mind at times (the other being Sixers last Saturday).

Right now, White absolutely has a better case of starting and playing more minutes than Smart
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller