Author Topic: Wizards (10-9) at Celtics (15-4) Game #20 11/27/22  (Read 12174 times)

Re: Wizards (10-9) at Celtics (15-4) Game #20 11/27/22
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2022, 08:49:52 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Great win without our best player.  I don't really count that 4th quarter mess.  Mazz was clearly trying out "new" things with an all bench unit for prolonged periods of time.  Struggles were not unexpected.

That was actually the bench unit that Tatum usually anchors, it's done really well. Except this time Tatum wasn't there so the defense didn't have anyone to load up on and they ended up getting too static offensively and too passive defensively. Tatum and Brogdon are usually the 2 playmakers in that lineup and with Tatum out Pritchard had to be the 2nd playmaker but he's usually used as a shooter in that lineup, so there was a struggle with ball movement. I'm sure Joe was hoping to not have to bring the starters back in but it's a learning experience for them at least

Shockingly that lineup didn’t perform as well with Justin Jackson in there.

If you squint your eyes you can almost see Justin Jackson is as good as Tatum.

« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2022, 08:55:30 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Great win without our best player.  I don't really count that 4th quarter mess.  Mazz was clearly trying out "new" things with an all bench unit for prolonged periods of time.  Struggles were not unexpected.

That was actually the bench unit that Tatum usually anchors, it's done really well. Except this time Tatum wasn't there so the defense didn't have anyone to load up on and they ended up getting too static offensively and too passive defensively. Tatum and Brogdon are usually the 2 playmakers in that lineup and with Tatum out Pritchard had to be the 2nd playmaker but he's usually used as a shooter in that lineup, so there was a struggle with ball movement. I'm sure Joe was hoping to not have to bring the starters back in but it's a learning experience for them at least

This is that 2nd unit that Joe was hoping would end the game, normally Tatum is there with Brogdon and they have a net rating of 25...but without Tatum Jackson then Pritchard had to play that 2nd playmaker role and he's normally used more as a shooter in the lineups that he's in, so they got very static, not a lot of off ball movement until White came back in and then Jaylen which then forced some double teams to leave people open.

Curiously, looking at that data, the "death lineup" with Brogdon in instead of White with the starters is a -14.

Clearly its time to play Vonleh Brogdon Tatum Williams Hauser together.

Seriously though that lineup with Smart, Brown, Tatum, White and Williams is bad. It was the lineup when Sacramento made their run and snatched the lead last game.

« Reply #272 on: November 27, 2022, 09:29:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Halftime Dancers ..... what kind of song has the lyrics, "I crashed my car into a bridge."

It's probably is a big hit.

"I Love It" by Icona Pop. Was a moderate hit. Great beat for cheerleading to. Lyrics? Maybe not quite so much.

Mike

« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2022, 09:30:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I really like White's game.

Him and Brogdon are fun when in together …..I feel at ease .   

« Reply #274 on: November 27, 2022, 10:00:46 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I really like White's game.

Him and Brogdon are fun when in together …..I feel at ease .

CBS added basketball IQs. That includes Kornet and Hauser.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #275 on: November 27, 2022, 10:13:52 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

This is that 2nd unit that Joe was hoping would end the game, normally Tatum is there with Brogdon and they have a net rating of 25...but without Tatum Jackson then Pritchard had to play that 2nd playmaker role and he's normally used more as a shooter in the lineups that he's in, so they got very static, not a lot of off ball movement until White came back in and then Jaylen which then forced some double teams to leave people open.

Curiously, looking at that data, the "death lineup" with Brogdon in instead of White with the starters is a -14.

Clearly its time to play Vonleh Brogdon Tatum Williams Hauser together.

Seriously though that lineup with Smart, Brown, Tatum, White and Williams is bad. It was the lineup when Sacramento made their run and snatched the lead last game.
The problem with that lineup is that there is basically zero rim protection. GWill is basically a wing in terms of paint defense and rebounding.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2022, 10:21:56 AM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Front row seat of the Hauser hype train, but those two turnovers last night in 4th quarter were awful.  Deer in headlights bad.