Author Topic: Pistons (3-7) at Celtics (7-3) Game 11 11/9/22  (Read 11076 times)

Re: Pistons (3-7) at Celtics (7-3) Game 11 11/9/22
« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2022, 09:52:16 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
Thanks for the well wishes my people. Tough night. Haven't felt this bad since my COVID bout. Was tough getting any sleep with a raging fever, a bad sinus infection throbbing in my head while my CPAP blew warm moist air into my sinuses. I think I lost three pounds sweating stuff out last night. Hopefully the antibiotic kicks in.

But enough about me.

I was really hoping for Hauser to hit 30 points last night. Three guys with 30 points has never happened in Celtics history and is rather rare in NBA history happening just 15 times. That would have been really cool.

Oh man I hope you feel better Nick!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2022, 10:06:36 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Fever spike to 102.5. Shivering, freezing and sweating all at the same time. Time for a cup of soup and beddie bye time.

Night all my CS brethren!!!

Get better Nick!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2022, 10:09:58 AM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Thanks for the well wishes my people. Tough night. Haven't felt this bad since my COVID bout. Was tough getting any sleep with a raging fever, a bad sinus infection throbbing in my head while my CPAP blew warm moist air into my sinuses. I think I lost three pounds sweating stuff out last night. Hopefully the antibiotic kicks in.

But enough about me.

I was really hoping for Hauser to hit 30 points last night. Three guys with 30 points has never happened in Celtics history and is rather rare in NBA history happening just 15 times. That would have been really cool.
TP
I started googling when he got to 24.
Alas then the air ball. If he had hit that I think he would have taken every shot until he got it.

« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2022, 11:06:55 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Hauser is pretty exciting to watch.  I'm waiting for him to cool off but the dude just keeps draining half of his threes. 

« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2022, 11:38:40 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Hauser is pretty exciting to watch.  I'm waiting for him to cool off but the dude just keeps draining half of his threes.

I heard him say he hasn't changed his shot since he was 5 or 6 years old. He just shoots the same shot over and over. H-Bomb!

« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2022, 11:58:02 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He's never shot below 40% in any season whether it be college, G-league, or the NBA.  He was above 40% in his junior and senior years of high school, too (his team only lost one game, total, and won back-to-back titles); I'm not sure he did his other two years.  But, it's quite the streak.

I saw this comment regarding draft night:

Hauser was not selected during the two-round NBA Draft on Thursday night, but as the final pick was coming in around midnight, he received a call from his agent with a two-way contract offer from the Boston Celtics.

"About 10 minutes later, I decided that I wanted to, so I called him back and accepted that offer," Hauser said. "The (Minnesota) Timberwolves called as well after the draft and I just kind of decided between those two, and I decided Boston was the better fit for me."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 12:04:38 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2022, 12:01:01 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

He's never shot below 40% in any season whether it be college, G-league, or the NBA.  He was above 40% in his senior year of high school, too; I'm not sure he did his other three years.  But, it's quite the streak.

I wonder how long before people start specifically game planning to deny him the ball.

« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He's never shot below 40% in any season whether it be college, G-league, or the NBA.  He was above 40% in his senior year of high school, too; I'm not sure he did his other three years.  But, it's quite the streak.

I wonder how long before people start specifically game planning to deny him the ball.

It will probably happen, but that just opens up more space for JT, JB, and Brogdon to attack.

That added element of a dead-eye shooter really cements the offense.  Hauser has the potential to give us everything we wanted in Gallo, with even more efficiency.  He's not the cutter or inside scorer that Gallo can be, but the outside shooting is even better.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2022, 12:06:53 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Hauser was not selected during the two-round NBA Draft on Thursday night, but as the final pick was coming in around midnight, he received a call from his agent with a two-way contract offer from the Boston Celtics.

"About 10 minutes later, I decided that I wanted to, so I called him back and accepted that offer," Hauser said. "The (Minnesota) Timberwolves called as well after the draft and I just kind of decided between those two, and I decided Boston was the better fit for me."

He’s definitely our most successful use of the 2-way.  I’m glad we didn’t make the same mistake with him as we did Strus.  The Celtics best off season move may have been resigning Hauser to 3-years at the minimum.

« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2022, 12:10:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He’s definitely our most successful use of the 2-way.  I’m glad we didn’t make the same mistake with him as we did Strus.  The Celtics best off season move may have been resigning Hauser to 3-years at the minimum.

I'd still lean Brogdon, but Hauser was definitely shrewd.

At the end of his contract, is he still restricted, or does he become an UFA?

« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2022, 12:16:26 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I'd still lean Brogdon, but Hauser was definitely shrewd.

At the end of his contract, is he still restricted, or does he become an UFA?

The final year is a team option.  The Celtics can either decline it and have full Bird rights while he’s an RFA, or pick it up and have one more year at the minimum.  It’s a really good deal.

I’d also lean Brogdon, but we could look back in a couple of seasons and have a different opinion.

« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2022, 05:45:22 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Finally watched the game...man Cunningham is a terrible defender  :o Hauser was totally torching him, literally every shot Sam made was wide open

« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2022, 06:04:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Want to shout out Derrick White’s shooting this season too. He’s not as nuclear as Hauser or Grant, but he’s over 40% and seems to be absolutely confident in his shot. Makes him such a valuable player.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2022, 06:12:59 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Want to shout out Derrick White’s shooting this season too. He’s not as nuclear as Hauser or Grant, but he’s over 40% and seems to be absolutely confident in his shot. Makes him such a valuable player.

Yeah, we would have Won The Finals if was shooting this well last season.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.