Author Topic: Celtics (5-3) at Knicks (4-4) Game#9 11/5/22  (Read 12699 times)

Re: Celtics (5-3) at Knicks (4-4) Game#9 11/5/22
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2022, 08:43:07 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I can imagine the frustration of Knicks fans this game.  "Who TF is Sam Hauser?!"
What he is is the type of player Ainge could never seem to find or develop.
Meaning what, exactly?
A bench guy who could come in and make 3's consistently.
Like Eddie House, Courtney Lee, Jonas Jerebko, Kelly Olynyk, Terry Rozier, and (perhaps a stretch because he started often) Marcus Morris?
I'm referring to the time from when the Jays were drafted to present. And as was pointed out, someone who can come in cold and hit shots consistently.

Out of that group, House fits the description. Olynyk was fine, though that wasn't his primary role. In fact, I'd take him back. But the rest you can have.

Ainge's problem was that the game changed, the 3 point shot became more and more important, and he was slow to react prefering his development projects who never developed.

Grant Williams?

He definitely targeted shooting in Nesmith, he just didn’t work out.  And, we blew the Bane trade.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2022, 08:46:49 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I can imagine the frustration of Knicks fans this game.  "Who TF is Sam Hauser?!"
Meaning what, exactly?
Like Eddie House, Courtney Lee, Jonas Jerebko, Kelly Olynyk, Terry Rozier, and (perhaps a stretch because he started often) Marcus Morris?
I'm referring to the time from when the Jays were drafted to present. And as was pointed out, someone who can come in cold and hit shots consistently.

Out of that group, House fits the description. Olynyk was fine, though that wasn't his primary role. In fact, I'd take him back. But the rest you can have.

Ainge's problem was that the game changed, the 3 point shot became more and more important, and he was slow to react prefering his development projects who never developed.

Grant Williams?

He definitely targeted shooting in Nesmith, he just didn’t work out.  And, we blew the Bane trade.

BAAAANNNNNNNEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2022, 09:29:17 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Fournier was a deal to bring in shooting.  I don’t understand what people are being critical of.

« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2022, 04:06:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Meaning what, exactly?

Grant Williams?

He also targeted shooting with Fournier, just didn't work out either.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2022, 06:52:42 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
Another great positive, Hauser continuing to get minutes.  He needs reps to get into a rhythm as a shooter.  We need to keep playing him 15-20 minutes a night.  He isn't a bad defender, he actually is a smart defender.  He just lacks a bit in the lateral quickness.

He is not a good defender by any means, but is he a weapon on offense.     He is slow too, that is why he plays off guys so far.   It is an area he can improve on for sure.

Disagree.  He knows where to be on defense, he moves his feet well, but he's not strong enough to defend the bruisers like Randle.

And Cam Reddish went by a lot of our defenders last night.  No shame in Hauser getting beat once or twice.

And you're saying he plays off guys so far?  Not sure we're watching the same game.  He's up tight on his man, unless he's playing off-ball help defense.  That's a factually incorrect statement.