Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 178269 times)

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
This team peaked early? Now they're going free fall mode. Bad time to free fall if you ask me lol.

We are so done for in the playoffs and having this joke of a coach doesn't help either

The champion Nuggets went 2-5 to end their regular season last year.  The only thing that matters heading into the playoffs is health.  The #1 overall seed has been a foregone conclusion for weeks

People love trying to compare us to last years nuggets team.
Just a reminder that Nikola Jokic is a transcendent superstar, the best player in the league, multiple time MVP and we have nothing close to him. Our “star” hasn’t been the same since losing to the warriors in the finals…he’s basically a mental midget in the clutch at this point
Also, the nuggets have a significantly better coach.

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
This team peaked early? Now they're going free fall mode. Bad time to free fall if you ask me lol.

We are so done for in the playoffs and having this joke of a coach doesn't help either

The champion Nuggets went 2-5 to end their regular season last year.  The only thing that matters heading into the playoffs is health.  The #1 overall seed has been a foregone conclusion for weeks

Just a reminder that Nikola Jokic is a transcendent superstar, the best player in the league, multiple time MVP and we have nothing close to him. Our “star” hasn’t been the same since losing to the warriors in the finals…he’s basically a mental midget in the clutch at this point

Yes, Jokic is better than anyone on the Celtics; and guess what?  He didn’t win anything…until he did.  The knock on him was that he was just a regular season player.  He didn’t have the ability defensively to lead a team to a championship.  And no one was comparing Mike Malone to Red Auerbach.  I’m sure Nuggets fans were calling for his job multiple times over the years.  None of it means anything.  The only thing that matters is what happens in the playoffs this year.  Nothing is guaranteed but it’s ridiculous to draw conclusions about playoff success from meaningless regular season games.  This Celtics has shown many example of what they’re capable of.  It’s all whether they can put it together consistently in the playoffs

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Quote from: Gary Washburn
Mazzulla said the #Celtics purposely went to switching where Porzingis guarded Murray in OT. He yielded three consecutive Murray jumpers. "It was good reps for us. We went to that on purpose. It was an opportunity to practice stuff that we're gonna need to get to.

Just fire him now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

Yes, Jokic is better than anyone on the Celtics; and guess what?  He didn’t win anything…until he did.  The knock on him was that he was just a regular season player.  He didn’t have the ability defensively to lead a team to a championship.  And no one was comparing Mike Malone to Red Auerbach.  I’m sure Nuggets fans were calling for his job multiple times over the years.  None of it means anything.  The only thing that matters is what happens in the playoffs this year.  Nothing is guaranteed but it’s ridiculous to draw conclusions about playoff success from meaningless regular season games.  This Celtics has shown many example of what they’re capable of.  It’s all whether they can put it together consistently in the playoffs
I draw conclusions about playoff success from past playoffs more than I do meaningless regular season games.
There’s something wrong with the make up of this core when it comes to crunch time close games and it only gets worse the bigger the game is so unless they can front run and dominate there way to a title im not loving there chances

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Tough position for Mazzulla. If he doesn’t win every game, including a title, all we will hear is see I told you he was a bad coach. 

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Well up until last season, Denver was an underachieving bunch that rarely made it past the second round. They figured it out finally.

I know you think the Celtics are unable to do that and that's just your narrative. Some of us still think they can.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 07:41:38 AM by celticinorlando »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Question Jerry....Does anything about the Celtics ever make you happy?

Last warning:  quit personally going after people.  This is an ugly pattern and if it continues there will be discipline.

Second:  read your own comments from the game thread, in which you declared the Celtics "finished" multiple times.  The hypocrisy is stunning.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Last warning:  quit personally going after people.  This is an ugly pattern and if it continues there will be discipline.

Second:  read your own comments from the game thread, in which you declared the Celtics "finished" multiple times.  The hypocrisy is stunning.

1. I edited the comment. I would hope you would say the same thing to him.

2. Sure. They looked finished. But the sun came up and it is a new day.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It's not really a debate. You've been warned several times, and you've done this with other posters too. It's essentially stalking. You would be well advised to just ignore the posters that you take an obsessive dislike for.

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
Even for Joe, two straight games of poor end-game decision-making is impressive.

Not sure what was worse - the awful end-game plays in regulation or the lack of adjustment with KP getting killed all fourth and OT on the mismatches.

Lots of blame to go around, but another masterpiece from Joe.
Joe specifically said afterwards that they were experimenting with 1-5 switches. Probably because that's what killed us in the 22 Finals? Obviously he went away from it after Murray burned KP three times in a row.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

It's not really a debate. You've been warned several times, and you've done this with other posters too. It's essentially stalking. You would be well advised to just ignore the posters that you take an obsessive dislike for.

I don't think I have stalked anyone but whatever you say. I often disagree with this poster but I won't respond to him anymore.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Even for Joe, two straight games of poor end-game decision-making is impressive.

Not sure what was worse - the awful end-game plays in regulation or the lack of adjustment with KP getting killed all fourth and OT on the mismatches.

Joe specifically said afterwards that they were experimenting with 1-5 switches. Probably because that's what killed us in the 22 Finals? Obviously he went away from it after Murray burned KP three times in a row.

Deciding to experiment in OT in a game in which you've played your starters 40+ minutes is weird, no?

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
The games have no consequence - I think this is as good as ever

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

I draw conclusions about playoff success from past playoffs more than I do meaningless regular season games.
There’s something wrong with the make up of this core when it comes to crunch time close games and it only gets worse the bigger the game is so unless they can front run and dominate there way to a title im not loving there chances
You don't believe that the core of the team is fundamentally different this season?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Deciding to experiment in OT in a game in which you've played your starters 40+ minutes is weird, no?

Definitely unconventional, but there's relatively little downside to experimentation when they destroyed everyone this regular season. They locked up the #1 seed. The results don't matter anymore. The regular season results are in- he was an awesome coach this year.

I do agree that we need to watch the playoffs this year to see how good of a coach he is. He's at least average, and has a chance to be better than that given more playoff success.

I was impressed with their comeback against Philly last year, but was bummed out that they lost to Miami.